Author Topic: Version 0.84  (Read 21488 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.84
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2010, 11:00:55 PM »
Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), my wife and I both get high % using the same profile.  We have very basic english accents I guess.  In any case, it is not likely that I will be able to get her to test it over and over in the process of troubleshooting and debugging!

PS: The Amulet software changes only the language profile of Windows, you can very well see in this video at 1:00 min

I feel like you are trying to make a point that I am not getting here.  I think one of us is not understanding the other.  I understand that the Amulet software changes the windows language profile.
 ???

sorry james, this was not a reproach (mistakes by google), I understand this now  :bonk, amulet remote only changes the language profile when running Windows Media Center with the amulet software
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2010, 09:17:54 AM »
no worries  :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »
Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), my wife and I both get high % using the same profile.  We have very basic english accents I guess.  In any case, it is not likely that I will be able to get her to test it over and over in the process of troubleshooting and debugging!

OK.  I have an idea of how I can test this, but I will need help from my loyal users.  If I upload a list of commands in English.  Would someone be willing to create a recording and send it back to me?  I can then use the recording to train a profile, and then later I can use the recording again to test the profile to make sure that VoxCommando is switching to it properly.

For this to work I will need:

- Someone who can read the english, but who has a pretty strong accent. (could be German, French, Portuguese or whatever)
- Good quality recording (preferably using a headset) in a quiet room
- a wav file.  I prefer if you can record and save directly to wav format to avoid any compression from mp3 or wma formats.
- you should pause for about 3-4 seconds between each command, but it is ok to put them all together in a single .wav file.

If anyone is interested and willing to do this, let me know and I will put together a script for you to read.

Thanks   :hugs

Diabl0570

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
hi,
i don't have a headset microphone but a laptop microphone.
i am a dutch dude.
if i can help letme  know

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2010, 01:50:35 AM »

OK.  I have an idea of how I can test this, but I will need help from my loyal users.  If I upload a list of commands in English.  Would someone be willing to create a recording and send it back to me?  I can then use the recording to train a profile, and then later I can use the recording again to test the profile to make sure that VoxCommando is switching to it properly.

For this to work I will need:

- Someone who can read the english, but who has a pretty strong accent. (could be German, French, Portuguese or whatever)
- Good quality recording (preferably using a headset) in a quiet room
- a wav file.  I prefer if you can record and save directly to wav format to avoid any compression from mp3 or wma formats.
- you should pause for about 3-4 seconds between each command, but it is ok to put them all together in a single .wav file.

If anyone is interested and willing to do this, let me know and I will put together a script for you to read.

Thanks   :hugs

Hi James,

I will do that for you, i can record the commands with studioequipment in Steinberg Cubase 5.1 with Lexicon Omega Studio (ext. Soundcard for PC).
Send me a list of commands or text what you need.

Kalle
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:53:17 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2010, 10:15:22 AM »
Good morning.  Great.  I would appreciate getting recordings from you both.  Hopefully this will be enough to train profiles and do some testing.  Thanks for your help. :D

Play artist Josh Ritter

Play song Giving up the Gun

Pause Music

Begin playback

What artist is this?

What time is it?

Type planet of the apes

Google search what is 16 plus 50

Lucky search these pretzels are making me thirsty

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2010, 12:12:45 PM »
Good morning.  Great.  I would appreciate getting recordings from you both.  Hopefully this will be enough to train profiles and do some testing.  Thanks for your help. :D

Play artist Josh Ritter

Play song Giving up the Gun

Pause Music

Begin playback

What artist is this?

What time is it?

Type planet of the apes

Google search what is 16 plus 50

Lucky search these pretzels are making me thirsty

Hi James,

I hope it has a little bit time, tomorrow at 8.00 pm (germany)=(12.00 am in Canada)

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »
Thanks.  Whenever you have time.  No pressure.  :)

Diabl0570

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2010, 03:54:49 PM »
what should i do whit the .wav file send it to you email or upload it somewhere ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »
if you can zip it or rar it and then either upload it to the forum as an attachment (click additional Options on the forum when posting) or you can email it to me.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2010, 05:14:07 PM »
Hi James,

here my Commands

(hey, do not laugh, the last two commands were difficult for me and my tongue has a knot)  ;D

Kalle

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »
but laughter is the best medicine!

btw the last command is taken from an episode of Seinfeld, and it is supposed to be funny!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »
OK, thanks everyone, I have everything I need.  I will work on the programming now.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »
Hi James,

is it possible to install a command for the profile change in VC, as in Amuletremote?
Change "language profile" to a user (like "Kalle", and so on). On Amuletremote is a button, that can do this. (VB-script?)
That would be good for those who do not have an Amuletremote.

Kalle

I need a tester!  You need to enter the payload list to match the profiles on your system.
Note that VC will need to do almost a full restart.  It has to dump all the commands and reload them in order for the new profile to work.  I think this is stupid but it seems to be what Microsoft requires.  I don't know why...

Attachments removed... there is a newer version
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:45:53 PM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »
Hi James,

is it possible to install a command for the profile change in VC, as in Amuletremote?
Change "language profile" to a user (like "Kalle", and so on). On Amuletremote is a button, that can do this. (VB-script?)
That would be good for those who do not have an Amuletremote.

Kalle

I need a tester!  You need to enter the payload list to match the profiles on your system.
Note that VC will need to do almost a full restart.  It has to dump all the commands and reload them in order for the new profile to work.  I think this is stupid but it seems to be what Microsoft requires.  I don't know why...

Ok James, thanks for programm this extension (i hope not only for me ;)  ) i tested tomorrow