Author Topic: Weather xml request  (Read 14163 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Weather xml request
« on: September 15, 2014, 08:19:30 AM »
I was wondering if anybody has written a sophisticated weather commands and would like to share the XML ...

P.S. I was not sure where to put this post so I thought to try this board
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:32:17 AM by jitterjames »
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Weather xml request
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 06:26:22 PM »
I don't know how 'sophisticated' it is, but the following command is probably one that's useful to many users.

We can ask for the weather forecast for any day of the week ("Sunday" through "Saturday"), as well as "today" and "tomorrow".

You'd think that should be easy! But since Weather Underground uses a relative day variable to calculate the forecast (where today =0, tomorrow = 1, etc.), we have to help it to calculate the correct day.

I've done this with a Python script (attached), so both the Python plugin and the WUnder plugin must be enabled for this command to work.

The command xml:
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.0.1.0-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="everyday weather" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="303" name="What's the forecast for {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>PY.ExecString</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>weather({1})</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>WUnder.GetCustom</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Weather for {{var.day}.weekday}: {{var.day}.conditions}, with high of {{var.day}.high} degrees Celsius and a low of {{var.day}.low} degrees. There's a {{var.day}.pop}% chance of precipitation, with winds averaging {{var.day}.avewind} km/h.</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>{LastResult}</param>
        <param>10000</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>{LastResult}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>What's the forecast for</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">payloads\weather_day.xml</payloadFromXML>
  </command>
  <command id="285" name="load python script" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>PY.ExecFile</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>PY\weatherDay.py</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <event>VC.Loaded</event>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

Above I've included a 2nd command that loads the Python file when VC starts up. If you already have other Python scripts, you can just add this script to an existing Python file so that they all load at once.

Note that with only minor adjustments, I think it should be possible to use this in other languages as well. In the Python script, you should only need to translate the words "today" and "tomorrow", and of course you need to translate the VC command itself.

As always, you can customize what the TTS message says. For example, if you're retrieving imperial measurements you'll want to change the words "Celsius" and "km/h".

[Edit: updated this to fix errors]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:04:56 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »
Thank you nime5ter ...
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

2exclusive

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 12:06:49 AM »
How do you change the weather format to Fahrenheit and Miles Per Hour?

Instead of Celsius and KM/h

thanks

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »
In the Wunder plugin settings, where you set your location.

You should always review plugin settings upon enabling one.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 10:17:36 AM »
And of course there are old posts with various custom weather responses depending on the forecast.

When I posted the above, I was assuming Haddood already knew of the previous posts, but for other users, see for example Dave's post: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=776.msg7742#msg7742

(We miss you Dave!)

Dave

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 11:36:01 AM »
I'm still here ;)
Unfortunately I'm so busy atm, I had not even time try VC2...
But I try at least to keep track of all the new features!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 01:02:23 PM »
Hi Dave  ::wave

Whoa! Really? You haven't tried VC2 yet?

I hope you'll have time for it some day. James has added a ton of new features, as well as improvements to old stuff.

I think you'll have fun experimenting with it if you ever find the time. But, so life goes. :)

Machs gut!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:04:24 PM by nime5ter »

2exclusive

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »
In the Wunder plugin settings, where you set your location.

You should always review plugin settings upon enabling one.

I set the plugin (wunderground.com) to Imperial but still doesn't work. Also should I remove the word "metric" in the weather formats in the plugin settings?

I also see in command name (whats the forecast for {1}) your WUnder.GetCustom says "degrees Celsius and a low of"  so I would have to remove that celsius as well correct?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
You will find in the plugin a table which replace any kind of letters/words/signs in the result. For example: if the result show you "degrees Celsius" and you need only degrees, write on the left side in the table the word Celsius and in the right side type only a blank space sign and save the settings. This will replace all words Celsius in the forcast with a blank space.

Here is a good video tutorial how you can use the VC WUnder plugin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjYF36Mg8KU
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:22:30 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »
I set the plugin (wunderground.com) to Imperial but still doesn't work. Also should I remove the word "metric" in the weather formats in the plugin settings?

What do you mean by "still doesn't work"?

1. Do you mean that when you test non-metric variables in the plugin settings window it is still returning metric values?
2. Do you mean that when you try to use the command xml I posted above, it is still returning metric values?
3. Do you mean that when you try to use the command xml I posted above, it is displaying the correct numerical values but still using the phrases "km/h" and "Celsius"?

I recommend that you watch at least the last part of the Wunder video tutorial that is posted on the Wunder wiki page (I've time stamped it to a particularly relevant section):
&feature=youtu.be&t=13m41s

There are settings in the plugin window that allow you to create forecasts customized to your wishes, which you can then access in your commands using the appropriate Wunder action (Wunder.GetCurrent, or Wunder.GetForecast #) http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_WUnder#Actions_for_the_WUnder_plugin

If you intend to use those actions in your commands, you should format the forecast the way that you want it in the plugin settings. (You can rewind the video to learn more about all the variables, or play around with them yourself.)

These are not relevant to my command xml above, however, because I used WUnder.GetCustom and the variables that I chose should use whichever measurement system users have selected as their default.

Recently, one VC user in Europe noticed that his particular weather station was only reporting Imperial values, so he could not get metric forecasts from that station. He switched to another local weather station and everything was fine. My guess is that this would be a pretty rare situation, so I would first make sure there is no user error, but if that fails you can try selecting a different weather station in the settings.

I also see in command name (whats the forecast for {1}) your WUnder.GetCustom says "degrees Celsius and a low of"  so I would have to remove that celsius as well correct?

Related to question 3 above: that's right. In this particular command example, I am defining the forecast string within the command itself. This means that even if you're correctly retrieving imperial values, the numbers may be correct but the phrases will continue to say whatever it says in the command xml. You should edit the command text to say whatever is appropriate for your needs.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:05:29 PM by nime5ter »

2exclusive

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
ok let me look at the video again and make sure I didnt miss anything.  thanks again

Spenner11

• British laddo, kicking it in B.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 03:14:58 PM »
Hi all, after importing the XML to the command tree and trying to test the command I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'
   at vcPlugin.locations.search(String strLocation)

Wondering If anyone can help me out?
Thanks
Jamie

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »
Hi Spenner 11.  Welcome to the VC forum.

Please let us know what version of VoxCommando you are using.

If using 2.105 please update to 2.107

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »
Thanks James, SO...I was running 2.1.05.
I just updated to 2.1.07 but now im getting this error from the Vox History panel.

PY.ExecString:weather({1})
Error: Line: 14 >>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'set' and 'int'

Plugin: C:\Users\Media Centre\Documents\Vox Commando 2.1.07\Plugins\PY\PY.dll

But Vox does run the command,TTS just skips the actual variable of the weather. Unlike before where it wouldn't run at all.

Thanks for the help!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »
There was a problem with the 2.105 install having a mismatched dll but the problem you are having now appears to be user error.

You are probably getting that error because you are trying to test the command in the LCB editor instead of actually saying the voice command with the payloadXML provided by nime5ter.

The python function expects an integer.  The payloadXML effectively translates the day of the week that you say into an integer which is carried in {1} (payload one).  If you want to test the command in the editor you need to enter an integer into the {1} field at the bottom right of the LCB.

If you are new to VoxCommando the setup of this command might still be a bit over your head.

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 11:05:38 AM »
Oh that makes perfect sense James, thank you! ::duh
Although upon opening nime5ter's Weatherday.xml, it seems to be empty?
Whenever i say the command "What's the Forecast for today" or tomorrow etc. Vox Commando returns it as "What's the forecast for error"
Maybe I should redownload the files and start from scratch with 2.1.07.... ::hmm

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 11:10:11 AM »
Although upon opening nime5ter's Weatherday.xml, it seems to be empty?

No, it's not empty.  What do you mean by "upon opening"?

The Weatherday.xml file is a payloadXML file, not a command XML and you don't "open it" the same way as a command XML, you put it in the payloads folder because the other command references it.

As I said, this may be over your head at this point.  You should maybe look at the wiki and some video tutorials that talk about payloadXML etc.

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »
Fixed!
I redownloaded the weatherday.xml and replaced in the payloads folder.
Works like a charm.

James now when I "open" the XML file it now shows the days of the week, but before I replaced it was empty?
Oh well, it works like a charm now!
Thanks for the help!

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »
So the command worked all day yesterday, I didn't change anything on Vox Commando all day.
I turned off my pc as I usually do before bed, woke up this morning, turned it on, VC starts with windows, I give the command to check the weather and I get this error..
" Unknown base action: PY"

Please help, this was working fine all day yesterday, Im so confused!!!! ::confused

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 01:35:57 PM »
Yes I'm confused too.  This has never happened before, and I'm assuming that you have done something odd, but I don't know what.

That error indicates that VC does not know of any such plugin as the PY plugin, which means that either the plugin folder was damaged, or it is missing, or it failed to load for some other reason.

Please send a log.
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
Here you go!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 08:32:37 PM »
Looks like maybe a corrupt dll file.

Reinstalling VC on top of your current folder will probably fix it.

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2014, 10:40:39 PM »
Hi James, I reinstalled VC over the top of the same folder, and i'm still getting the same results.
I also tried installing VC into a separate folder and re downloaded all the files from this post to try and test it separately to my frequently used version of VC but i'm still getting the same error.
 ::hmm ::hmm ::hmm

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 03:13:17 AM »
Hi Spenner11, I've tested the command and it works fine for me, so I can say - there is everything ok with the weatherDay.py.
Can you open the VC Python plugin window and load the weatherDay.py by a click on file->open and then execute? Did the VC history window showing a "green gear"?
If it is possible, delete your existing "everyday weather" group from the VC tree, select the whole code from the post above http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1755.msg15262#msg15262 and paste it again in your command tree. Don't forget to save the command tree  ;)
Let us know if that helps.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:18:05 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 08:09:58 AM »
Hi James, I reinstalled VC over the top of the same folder, and i'm still getting the same results.
I also tried installing VC into a separate folder and re downloaded all the files from this post to try and test it separately to my frequently used version of VC but i'm still getting the same error.
 ::hmm ::hmm ::hmm

There appears to be a problem with your system that is preventing the python plugin from loading. If possible, I suggest you do a system restore to a point before the problem started.  We use the python plugin extensively and many of our users do as well and we have never seen anything like the issue you are having. Unfortunately the error generated when the DLL fails to load is extremely generic and does not give us any insight into the source of the problem.

Kalle: I don't think he can open the PY editor at all because the plugin will not load.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »
Maybe a antvirus programm prevent to load the DLL or similar  ::hmm

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 11:05:23 AM »
I will try all of the above guys and give you my results, thank you both so much for your help!

Kalle I was definitely thinking myself this could be an issue with my anti virus as I have recently installed a new one (Norton) maybe it could have removed a file without my permission?

Again thanks for the help and I hope to be posting back with good news after an hour or so of tinkering! :bonk

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
It may also be that your anti-virus is blocking access to a file rather than removing it, so you could start by just disabling real-time AV protection.  The PY plugin relies on a number of different dll files so it could be any one of them.

The reason I suggested that you use system restore is that it covers a few different things like newly installed programs, possibly corrupted files and also new windows updates.  Personally I ALWAYS turn OFF automatic updates.  I do apply updates from time to time, but I do it manually.  The problem with automatic updates, is that when they cause a problem, you don't always know enough to make the connection.  Some updates cause more problems than they solve so I usually only install security updates, or a specific update that may address an issue I have.

In any case, of the thousands of users of VC no one has reported any problem loading the PY plugin (yet) so for now it seems to be a problem that is specific to your system.  I hope you can get it sorted out.

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 12:30:34 PM »
Okay! So I disabled Norton completely,  reinstalled VC over the top of my existing folder, disabled the PY Plugin, restarted VC (At this point VC tried to run PY but knew the plugin wasn't enabled) Enabled the PY plugin, fully restarted VC and I got this error message :
Unhandled Exception occurred in your Application

Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VoxCommando.pluginControl..ctor(Boolean isSelected, AvailablePlugin plug, Boolean isLoaded)
   at eval_d.eval_ᜀ(String A_0)
   at eval_d.eval_ᜂ()
   at eval_d.eval_ᜊ()
   at eval_d.eval_ᜧ(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
VoxCommando
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.7
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.7
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/VoxCommandoSP.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Speech
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Speech/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Speech.dll
PluginInterface
    Assembly Version: 2.0.3.2
    Win32 Version: 2.0.3.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/PluginInterface.DLL
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.92.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.92.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/dlls/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Microsoft.Speech
    Assembly Version: 11.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.7400.345
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Speech/11.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.Speech.dll
System.Management
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
AudioEndpoint
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/audioendpoint/AudioEndpoint.dll
Bing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Bing/Bing.dll
DxInput
    Assembly Version: 0.1.2.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/DxInput/DxInput.dll
GgCal
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.2
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/GgCal/GgCal.dll
Growl
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Growl/Growl.dll
HitServer
    Assembly Version: 0.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/HitServer/HitServer.dll
Hook
    Assembly Version: 0.3.0.1
    Win32 Version: 0.3.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Hook/Hook.dll
Hue
    Assembly Version: 2.0.1.3
    Win32 Version: 2.0.1.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Hue/Hue.dll
iTunes
    Assembly Version: 0.1.1.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/iTunes/iTunes.dll
JRiver
    Assembly Version: 2.1.6.5
    Win32 Version: 2.1.6.5
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/JRiver/JRiver.dll
MM
    Assembly Version: 2.1.1.0
    Win32 Version: 2.1.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/MM/MM.dll
MpMessage
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/MpMessage/MpMessage.dll
MpScan
    Assembly Version: 2.1.1.1
    Win32 Version: 2.1.1.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/MpScan/MpScan.dll
MpWifi
    Assembly Version: 0.2.6.0
    Win32 Version: 0.2.6.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/MpWifi/MpWifi.dll
MsAgent
    Win32 Version: 0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/MsAgent/MsAgent.dll
Onkyo
    Assembly Version: 0.2.2.1
    Win32 Version: 0.2.2.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Onkyo/Onkyo.dll
PY
    Assembly Version: 2.0.2.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.2.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/PY/PY.dll
RoboB
    Assembly Version: 0.1.5.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.5.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/RoboB/RoboB.dll
    Win32 Version: 2.1.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Skype/Skype.dll
TCP
    Assembly Version: 2.2.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/TCP/TCP.dll
TcpMic
    Assembly Version: 0.1.6.1
    Win32 Version: 0.1.6.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/TcpMic/TcpMic.dll
Interop.SpeechLib
    Assembly Version: 5.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/TTS/Interop.SpeechLib.dll
TTS
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.1
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/TTS/TTS.dll
CustomMarshalers
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/CustomMarshalers/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/CustomMarshalers.dll
TTSMS
    Assembly Version: 2.0.2.2
    Win32 Version: 2.0.2.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/TTSMS/TTSMS.dll
UsbUirt
    Assembly Version: 0.2.4.0
    Win32 Version: 0.2.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/UsbUirt/UsbUirt.dll
Vera
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Vera/Vera.dll
Watcher
    Assembly Version: 0.1.0.1
    Win32 Version: 0.1.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Watcher/Watcher.dll
Wemo
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.3
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Wemo/Wemo.dll
WMC
    Assembly Version: 2.1.0.2
    Win32 Version: 2.1.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/WMC/WMC.dll
WUnder
    Assembly Version: 2.3.0.3
    Win32 Version: 2.3.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Wunder/WUnder.dll
X10
    Assembly Version: 0.1.1.0
    Win32 Version: 0.1.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/X10/X10.dll
XJson
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/XJson/XJson.dll
XJson.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/XJson/de/XJson.resources.dll
XJson.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/XJson/es/XJson.resources.dll
XJson.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/XJson/fr/XJson.resources.dll
XJson.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/XJson/pt-BR/XJson.resources.dll
xMySql
    Assembly Version: 0.1.2.1
    Win32 Version: 0.1.2.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/xMySql/xMySql.dll
Xsql
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/Plugins/Xsql/Xsql.dll
InputSimulator
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/dlls/InputSimulator.DLL
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Interop.iTunesLib
    Assembly Version: 1.13.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.13.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/dlls/Interop.iTunesLib.DLL
Microsoft.Scripting
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.20
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.21
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/dlls/Microsoft.Scripting.DLL
ScintillaNET
    Assembly Version: 2.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Media%20Centre/Documents/Vox%20Commando%202.1.07%20JARVIS/dlls/ScintillaNET.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:38:37 PM by nime5ter »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »
Unfortunately this does not help us to understand the problem any better.

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »
I have tried all of the recommendations yourself and kalle advised me to do but the problem is still the same  :-\
James is there any possible way you could send me via email the PY Plugin folder from your installation?
Im no computer wizz like you guys but if the problem is the .dll file would replacing the whole plugin folder with a working plugin folder rectify the problem?  ::hmm
Maybe redownloading VCsetup and trying a fresh install could help.... ::hmm

Im out of ideas myself so im just clutching at straws, otherwise VC works perfectly other than this one command.
Maybe its a mystery that will never be solved  ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
I have tried all of the recommendations yourself and kalle advised me to do but the problem is still the same  :-\
James is there any possible way you could send me via email the PY Plugin folder from your installation?
Im no computer wizz like you guys but if the problem is the .dll file would replacing the whole plugin folder with a working plugin folder rectify the problem?  ::hmm
Maybe redownloading VCsetup and trying a fresh install could help.... ::hmm

Im out of ideas myself so im just clutching at straws, otherwise VC works perfectly other than this one command.
Maybe its a mystery that will never be solved  ;D

Yes it may be that you won't be able to use the python plugin until your next system upgrade or a re-install of Windows.

I thought you did try a fresh install of VC already.  If you think that downloading the installer again will help then I suggest you do that as well.

Try this:
- Download 2.107 again
- Do a fresh install in an empty folder.
- Select the basic configuration.
- go to options and enable the python plugin.
- restart VC.
- try to open the python plugin settings from the main VC menu (Plugins >> PY).

There is no point in me sending you my python plugin folder since it will be the same as the one in the installer which everyone else is using without problems.

Spenner11

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
After a factory reset of Windows and full re-install of VC the problem is now fixed.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
Great.  Thanks for letting us know.

Computers...  :bonk

Bighigh69

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 01:07:00 AM »
I am new to Vox commando. I put this in and getting format error when reading weather. Please help.. thanks :D

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 08:00:37 AM »
Hi Bighigh69,

We can't really help without more info from you.

1. What is "this" that you "put in"? :-) ... It's a long thread.
2. The command at the beginning of the thread requires enabling the Python plugin and a few more steps, including loading a Python script. Are you sure you followed all the necessary steps? (Let us know exactly what you did.)
3. If you just want a simple weather command (e.g. get today's weather), you don't need to start with something so elaborate as the example in this thread.
4. Is the Weather Underground plugin set up properly with your location and generally working for you? (i.e. if you test the various forecast formats in the plugin window, do they work or do you get a format error?)

Some links that may also help.

"Other Specific Tips" - http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Getting_support#How_to_Get_Help_on_the_Forum
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_WUnder
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:06:36 AM by nime5ter »

yokel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 02:29:12 AM »
I am new to Vox commando. I put this in and getting format error when reading weather. Please help.. thanks :D

I was having the same problem.  The python code was erroring out on line 1 row 10 or so.  It looks like the current version of the Python plugin is missing Lib datetime.  After copying Lib datetime to the VoxCommando\plugins\PY\Lib folder all is working well for me.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:31:17 AM by yokel »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2015, 08:16:02 AM »
Thanks Yokel.

I'm not sure what might be different on your system but this step should not be necessary.  I just tested with a fresh install of VC 2.145 and it works "out of the box".

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2015, 09:47:20 AM »
For other users trying out this command: The most common error users are experiencing in this thread is the Format.Error showing up in their feedback, rather than the relevant data from Weather Underground.

That is not what Yokel experienced above, so don't assume your problem is the same as his and go hunting for missing modules. :)

You'll most often get a Format.Error message in your OSD if:

A) you haven't enabled the Python plugin,
B) you've reinitialized the Python plugin for some reason, or
C) you haven't executed the Python script for this command yet.

The easiest way to do the latter is to restart VC before testing the voice command. The command group is set up to load the script when VC loads.

Much more rarely, there may be a problem with the weather station you've selected within the WUnder plugin. In this case, you'll also see a Format.Error message if you test any of the forecast formats in your plugin settings. You can solve that problem by choosing a different local weather station manually rather than using the autoip default.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 06:20:29 PM by nime5ter »

yokel

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2015, 12:13:35 AM »
Thanks Yokel.

I'm not sure what might be different on your system but this step should not be necessary.  I just tested with a fresh install of VC 2.145 and it works "out of the box".

Hmm, not sure how i ended up with the missing lib then.  Running win7 with previously installed python 3.4 & 2.7.  Sorry if i confused anyone. 

Update.  I was just setting up a new PC.  Fresh win7 x64 ultimate & current VC.  Lib datetime is missing again.  Not trying to be a jerk, just letting you know so others don't run into the same problem.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:03:27 AM by yokel »