Author Topic: Launching Applications Help. I'm new  (Read 1506 times)

FTGTapGod

• View Profile
Launching Applications Help. I'm new
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:02:32 PM »
I am pretty new to vox commando and I am only just getting into the good stuff but I was wondering how I would set up a way to launch applications by saying the shortcut name. I know it is an easy one but I appreciate any help

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Launching Applications Help. I'm new
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:08:03 AM »

FTGTapGod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 10:35:01 PM »
Hi FTGTapGod.  This is beginner stuff. Basically you need to learn how to use the program!  There is a lot of material in the wiki, the forum, and on our YouTube channel.

I know how to launch applications and browsers individually but I was wondering about using voice to choose an application instead of entering each application as a separate command. So it would be like Open or Launch X. How do I get vc to recognize what I say as X?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:36:29 AM »
You need a payload xml in which is stored the path to the specific programm.

Here is a command group which you can edit to your needs (select the code then drag'n drop it on a free space in your VC command tree), save the attached launchprog.xml in the VC payload folder.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.0.1.0-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="launch programms" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="276" name="launch programms" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>Launch.RawParam</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>{1}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>start, open</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">payloads\launchprog.xml</payloadFromXML>
  </command>
</commandGroup>
***********  get excited and make things  **********

donmehdi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »
I'm gonna take what FTGTapGod asked about and replace the word program by websites.
can i open websites with their url in a payload xml or is there any method other than that one

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)