Author Topic: Microphone + Picking up TTS  (Read 6406 times)

ThermoDust

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Microphone + Picking up TTS
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »
Sorry, I guess I should focus on asking one question and getting one task done just my brain is thinking of so many ideas for this program and I can't help but not to much at once as I really am digging this program and its potential.

So, my first question is about the MustConfirm. From what I can tell the MustConfirm pauses the command and waits for a response. But what I would like is have a MustConfirm pause but speak a question. An example would be I am trying to setup a command to have Vox send a command to a computer to restart but I would like it to verbaly confirm with me that I want to restart then after I say confirm a count down starts. But during the count down I can say cancel reboot for machine blah and have it stop the reboot command.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 04:34:31 AM »
Sorry, I guess I should focus on asking one question and getting one task done just my brain is thinking of so many ideas for this program and I can't help but not to much at once as I really am digging this program and its potential.

So, my first question is about the MustConfirm. From what I can tell the MustConfirm pauses the command and waits for a response. But what I would like is have a MustConfirm pause but speak a question. An example would be I am trying to setup a command to have Vox send a command to a computer to restart but I would like it to verbaly confirm with me that I want to restart then after I say confirm a count down starts. But during the count down I can say cancel reboot for machine blah and have it stop the reboot command.

No problem, you can find information about confirm a command here: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Command_Builder (pkt. 1.1) and http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options (pkt. 1.7)

Kalle

***********  get excited and make things  **********

ThermoDust

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 05:13:08 AM »
That informatin I found, what I wanted was a way to make a confirm option that would speak to me and not just pause the script. That way I do not need to be in front of screen to know it is waiting.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 07:11:02 AM »
That informatin I found, what I wanted was a way to make a confirm option that would speak to me and not just pause the script. That way I do not need to be in front of screen to know it is waiting.
Ok, do you mean this example?

You: Computer, reboot "xyz"

VC: are you really sure to reboot the system "xyz"?

You: Yes, do it -->counter 10sec.(between 0-10 sec. you can cancel this command) -->"xyz" reboot
You: No, cancel -->VC do nothing

Is this scenario correct?

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 07:59:47 AM »
You are in luck.  This feature is part of the new version which I am releasing this morning. :)

Basically how it works is that whenever a command is triggered that requires confirmation, an event is generated with the name of the command.  So you can use that event to make VC ask a question using TTS.

The rest of the problem with the count down should be possible, but is a bit tricky.  You would need to use a combination of usertimer, uservariable, and a logic block.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
new version is released.  You can use events generated by confirm commands to prompt the user.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=659.0

ThermoDust

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 03:44:02 PM »
Ok, do you mean this example?

You: Computer, reboot "xyz"

VC: are you really sure to reboot the system "xyz"?

You: Yes, do it -->counter 10sec.(between 0-10 sec. you can cancel this command) -->"xyz" reboot
You: No, cancel -->VC do nothing

Is this scenario correct?

Kalle
Yep, thats what I want.

You are in luck.  This feature is part of the new version which I am releasing this morning. :)

Basically how it works is that whenever a command is triggered that requires confirmation, an event is generated with the name of the command.  So you can use that event to make VC ask a question using TTS.

The rest of the problem with the count down should be possible, but is a bit tricky.  You would need to use a combination of usertimer, uservariable, and a logic block.
Excellent!