Author Topic: Problem with OSD  (Read 3890 times)

Phobophile

• View Profile
    • Facebook
Problem with OSD
« on: June 23, 2013, 05:58:17 AM »
Hi!
Got some problem with displaying OSD (which shows recognized commands and text using OSD.ShowText) in XBMC Frodo 12.2. It shows ok when I switch to VoxCommando window but when I switch back to XBMC - it doesn't. Like it works only in background or something.
I'm using latest VoxCommando and Aeon Nox 4.0.9 but doubt it is skin related, cause I tried Aeon MQ3 and Confluence with the same result.
Any advice? Some settings, maybe? It definetely worked several months ago.
Thanks!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with OSD
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 06:16:17 AM »
Hi!
Got some problem with displaying OSD (which shows recognized commands and text using OSD.ShowText) in XBMC Frodo 12.2. It shows ok when I switch to VoxCommando window but when I switch back to XBMC - it doesn't. Like it works only in background or something.
I'm using latest VoxCommando and Aeon Nox 4.0.9 but doubt it is skin related, cause I tried Aeon MQ3 and Confluence with the same result.
Any advice? Some settings, maybe? It definetely worked several months ago.
Thanks!
Hi Phobophile, please take a look in this post - I think this give you the answer how to fix it.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1097.msg9206#msg9206
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Phobophile

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:57:44 AM »
Hi Phobophile, please take a look in this post - I think this give you the answer how to fix it.
Wow, that worked! Thanks, Kalle! I just need to ensure that turning true fullscreen off won't affect video playback that much.
I also tried using XBMC built-in OSD and it works. Bad thing is it only shows recognized commands but not the text from OSD.ShowText.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
If you have any problems with using fake fullscreen you'll probably notice them right away.  For me it si only an issue if I want to set my refresh rate to 24Hz for movies.  When I do that in fake fullscreen, playback becomes terribly choppy.  Other than that I've never had an issue, and generally found that fake fullscreen ran better.  I guess in theory, you might also see some screen tearing, but I've had that on true fullscreen too sometimes (though not recently).

There is no way to automatically send all OSD actions to XBMC but you can send those notifications by using a different action that specifically creates these messages in XBMC:

If you are using frodo:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="752" name="XBMC sample notification" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>GUI.ShowNotification&amp;&amp;"title":"Hey There...","message":"How YOU doin?"</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
</command>

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 06:13:06 AM »
Hi everyone,

can someone please help me,  i'm looking to do though. i would like to toggle between Use a fullscreen window rather than true screen On or OFF. (the second option in the video output setting) using VC.

Does anyone know if I can do this somehow?

Thanks

Max

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 08:38:20 AM »
Hi Maxwel,

This is only possible in Gotham, not in Frodo.

<!--VoxCommando 1.9.5.6-->
<command id="256" name="fake fullscreen {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>Settings.SetSettingValue</param>
      <param>"setting":"videoscreen.fakefullscreen", "value":{1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>fake full screen</phrase>
  <payloadList>true, false</payloadList>
</command>
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »

Thank you nime5ter
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:46:59 AM by nime5ter »

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 03:26:27 PM »
Hi nime5ter,

i tried your code but it's not working for me, i'm using Nightly build version of XBMC, v14 does it matter?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 03:50:09 PM »
It probably does not matter but it is too soon for us to start messing about with nightlies of XBMC Helix here.

If you are unsure you should try it with Gotham.

In my test it would appear that the setting is being changed immediately in the XBMC video settings page (you can see the toggle switch going on and off as you issue the voice commands, so there is definitely no problem from the VC side of things with this command.

However, it does not seem to have an actual effect.  XBMC is changing the setting, but not actually using the new setting.  It is not pretty but you can force it to use the new setting by toggling XBMC window mode on and then off using backslash twice.

Here is the new command with the backslash actions added

<!--VoxCommando 1.9.5.6-->
<command id="268" name="fake fullscreen {1}" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>Settings.SetSettingValue</param>
      <param>"setting":"videoscreen.fakefullscreen", "value":{1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Btn.KB</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>backslash</param>