Author Topic: OSD Randomly showing on TV screen  (Read 1725 times)

hondohc

• View Profile
OSD Randomly showing on TV screen
« on: June 04, 2013, 07:26:23 PM »
Hi All,

My OSD isn't showing up on my tv screen all the time for some reason it just pops up randomly when it seems to feel like it. Both boxes ticked under general tab for it to display, any help would be great works perfect on my other pc with pc monitor. HTPC connected to tv via HDMI this should not make a differents but just said id mention it. Both pc are identical (Arctic's mc001), all settings same on both pc's.

Cheeers

Darren

Edited:

Just noticed its only showing up when XBMC is windowed....when focused our fullscreen OSD is not showing up any ideas???
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:30:59 PM by hondohc »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: OSD Randomly showing on TV screen
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »
XBMC in true full screen does not allow other programs to overlay on top of it.  Ya, it sucks, but no solution other than to use notification messages sent to XBMC.  You can set this in the XBMC tab, of VC options, (for both Eden and Frodo).  Where it says: "Use XBMC built in popup window" select "any recognized command".

Or you can set XBMC to use "non-true fullscreen".  Worth a try.  On some systems it works great, on others not so great.  It depends on your setup.

hondohc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:12:09 PM »
Cheers James,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Darren
EIRE

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
Ah glad I found this, I thought I had to fix all my rules manually and was like I thought this did this before I upgraded, I was trying to avoid the EDEN pane/tab as I didnt want to muck things up didnt realize still needed this option in here:)

update this isn't working for me on xbmcbuntu12.2 and VC1.1.6.6
I've checked the eden tab and the xJSON panels and set the eden tab, no messaging.
update2Ah I see, even though the tab is labeled EDEN, you still need to put the web server settings in here too; i left them defaulted as I had setup the Json plugin.  I think its working now. Sorry for the spammy posts James! :/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:00:24 PM by vulcanjedi »