Author Topic: Voxcommando keep audio settings  (Read 1641 times)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Voxcommando keep audio settings
« on: October 22, 2013, 06:10:37 PM »
im having a bit of trouble with an audio configuration here.

1) Partial-Mute in vox settings doesnt seem to have any effect at all. so if i have a movie turned up pretty loud, when vox responds its super loud.

2) The other issue im having is not related to vox so much as it is with windows with the tts audio output settings. I change the setting to use my receiver but when i turn off the receiver or switch sources and then come back it always defaults back to whatever else it can like my headset. then i have to go in and switch it by hand. Does anyone know of a way i could get it to stick to my receiver and not go back to default when the receiver is turned off or switched to another source?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Voxcommando keep audio settings
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
#1 I'm not sure how to respond to this one.

First of all you usually "softmute" or "partialmute" in order to either issue a command, or to allow the TTS to be heard above the sound of other media.  It is not really intended to be used to reduce the TTS volume.  There is an action that can set the TTS volume though.

The partial mute setting in VC options means nothing unless you add an action to your command to perform a softmute.  Also if you are playing video with digital passthrough audio this will have no effect anyway.  There are several partial mute or softmute actions as well.  One for MM, one for iTunes, one for XBMC and one for the system audio.  Perhaps there are others I have forgotten, although the level that you set in VC options is just for the system volume muting.  You'll need to explore a bit and then try to be more specific if you want help with this one.

#2 - You should be able to set your default TTS output device in windows settings, but you can also use the VC action: TTS.SetOutput

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#SetOutput

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 07:18:38 PM »
ok i misunderstood the partial-mute. My problem is that vox sounds like its screaaming at me  and i need to adjust the volume of voxcommando independent of anything else if this is possible.

as for the tts settings in windows i change it to my receiver but when my receiver is turned off my pc loses that option so it defaults back to whatever other audio source that is available.

with tts set output is there a quick way to apply it to every command? so that it always attempts to speak through only that audio source.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
with tts set output is there a quick way to apply it to every command? so that it always attempts to speak through only that audio source.
You can add the set output action to the listen command.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 08:14:51 PM »
As I said, the TTS volume can be set in VoxCommando.

But it sounds to me like perhaps you should look at your volume settings in general.  If your movie volume sounds OK but your TTS volume sounds very loud then perhaps the program you are using to play movies has its volume set too low.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 02:07:58 AM »
I write here a short description what the "partial-mute" does or in which way it works.

If you have some output devices in your Windows mixer and you has set for each device a different volume - for example USB-audio 80, line-output 40 and system-sounds 60 - so the partial mute does following when you use it with 30:

it reduced the USB-Audio volume to 30% of 80 = 24

it reduced the line-output volume to 30% of 40 = 12

it reduced the system-sound volume to 30% of 60 = 18

I hope this help a bit to understand what the partial mute does.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:08:08 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********