Author Topic: Is there a recent bug with Vera plugin?  (Read 1921 times)

RickyD333

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Is there a recent bug with Vera plugin?
« on: March 12, 2016, 01:41:48 AM »
I just wanted to ask before I went in and muck things up in my editor. A few days ago all of my Vera functions stopped working. Everything else in Vox works, but any of the commands involving Vera suddenly don't work. It kind of all freezes up for a short bit and sometimes I have to force close Vox to get it working again. I thought maybe because there was an issue with Vera, but everything works perfectly when I issue commands via Vera. There was a firmware update, so I downloaded that, but still no change. I was going to see about updating my Maps and seeing if for some reason those identification numbers changed.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Is there a recent bug with Vera plugin?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 08:57:59 AM »
No problems that we're aware of. Actions all work for me, and Vera events are being generated as expected, using VC 2.2.1.6

You should start by viewing the history window and looking for what the error messages say when you try to issue Vera-related commands. You can also check the log.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

Error lines in the history window will appear in orange, and if you roll over them with your mouse more detail will appear.

The log, if enabled, will show the same information. You can also increase the level of logging from witin the Vera plugin, but I wouldn't start with that.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Is there a recent bug with Vera plugin?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:32:37 AM »
Be very cautious when updating your Vera firmware. It usually leads to tears. Always check the Vera forums thoroughly for reports from other users about how many things were broken and how many units were turned into bricks.