Author Topic: Does anybody know this WiWo device (or similar)?  (Read 2511 times)

marcusvdt

• Researching
    • View Profile
Does anybody know this WiWo device (or similar)?
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »
Hi!
Marcus from Brazil here.
New to this forum and starting to plan how I will build my home automation system.
First thing that I'm looking for is the hardware devices that I will need to buy to be able to control some lights at home and the TV, sound system and A/C.

This WiWo looks promising. It communicates through Wifi (LAN or internet) with a cell phone app and offer the ability to control any IR or RF devices remotely with such app. But as per the description, it is their proprietary app that learns the IR codes and saves them to their proprietary cloud. So I'm wondering if you guys believe it is possible to have VC or Event Ghost to communicate with the WiWo, replacing their proprietary app.

Thanks!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Does anybody know this WiWo device (or similar)?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 05:41:44 PM »
It's hard to say but unless you are quite resourceful, it is probably a long shot.

marcusvdt

• Researching
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »
Hey Thanks!
Seems like I will not use the WiWo since I don't have even more spare time to hack the protocol plus the already huge time that I'll probably invest building my home automation...

So, what is the device that you guys mostly use for learning and sending IR commands?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 06:03:42 PM »
I think the USB-UIRT may be the most popular. http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1169.0
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 06:06:51 PM »
UUIRT or iTach.  There is already a lot of discussion on the forum about these two that you can look at.