Author Topic: XBMC Commands  (Read 45164 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
XBMC Commands
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
Here's a few miscellaneous xbmc commands.  One that I just found today is

XBMC.ExecBuiltin   Container.NextViewMode

comes in handy if you are showing off a nice skin like Aeon MQ2

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
Re: XBMC Commands
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »
James, NextViewMode is great, thanks...coooll ;D

My tip
XBMC.ExecBuiltin   Container.PreviousViewMode

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:07:10 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
aha, yes, good point.  Nice to be able to go both ways. :)

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 10:07:09 PM »
    All of these have been confirmed to work with
VoxCommando .884, EventGhost 0.3.7.r1486, and XBMC Dharma (stable) 10.0, on Windows 7, 64 bit.

There are 3 files attached:
  • vc xbmc eventghost - that's the Eventghost file.  Download Eventghost, then click on File, Open, browse to that file.
  • XBMC New Misc playlist - most of the changes listed below.
  • voicecommands_uploaded.xml -completely reworked the categories contained within the xml to my liking.

Regarding the latter two bullet points, save it to your desktop.  Open up VoxCommando, then click on the Edit Menu.

This will launch the Edit Tree Commander.  Drag the playlist onto the left window, and you should get a pop-up saying that it's been succesfully merged.

The below commands are included - to the right of each is the bolded actual command you'll say to launch each command.

XBMC Weather:
Shows XBMC's Weather Page - Command:  Weather

Music:
Find/ Show music from xyz artist....  (not play - just show, so that additional songs can be queued without messing up current songs).  Command:  Find/show Artist blahblah

Show Now Playing Music playlist -  Command:  Now Playing Music
Show recently added music.   Command:  Recently Added Music
Show recently played music.   Command:  Recently Played Music
Show music compilations.   Command:  Compilations
Show music playlists.   Command:  Music Playlists
Show music Add-Ons - Command:  Music Add-Ons
Stop everything playing, clear the playlist - and play currently selected (including no matter how high a level an item it is. So, will play albums if selected.  Need to make sure Auto-Queue is deselected in Music settings).  Command:  Spin It Up
Queue item - Command:  Queue
Play your particular playlist - or your girlfriend's - you'll need to prep it with the immediate below bullet points.  Command - {Your Name/ Girlfriend's Name} Playlist

This next one is awesome!  Love it!  
Add any currently playing mp3 to a playlist for any number of people.  The idea behind this is you can just have music playing, and suddenly realize that you really like a particular song.  Command:   Add {Name}

• Some requirements for this last - You'll want to go into voicecommands.xml and do a Cntrl + H to replace all "Monica" to whatever your girlfriend's name is.  Then, you'll want to do the same for your name with "Chandler"
  • Then you'll want to a do a cntrl + F in the same file for "m3u" and change those two file's locations and names to where-ever your playlist files are located/named
  • Since XBMC is not particularly good at ordering playlists/ removing items/ etc....you can do that back-end work with Media Monkey.
  • Yes, I know that it's not using relative paths.  I'm exhausted and in no mood to deal with any more research on this.  Go figure it out yourself.

Videos:
Show Now Playing Videos playlist -  Command:  Now Playing Videos
Show Recently Added Episodes playlist - Command:  Recently Added TV
Show Recently Added Movies Playlist - Command:  Recently Added Movies
Show Recently Added Music Videos Playlist - Command:  Recently Added Music Videos
Show video playlists.   Command:  Video Playlists
Show video add-ons.   Command:  Video Add-ons
Browse TV shows by Genre - Command:  Browse TV Genre
Browse Music Genre:  Browse Music Genre
Generate a playlist of random episodes from the TV Genre you specify - and immediately begin to play them.  Command:  Random TV (genre).  (Genre = the actual genre).  So if you want comedy - Random TV Comedy
Generate a playlist of random episodes from the TV show you specify - and immediately begin to play them.  - Command:  Random episode from (show).  So if you want random episodes from Friends - Random episode ofFriends.

Show Recently Aired Episodes that are not watched:  Command:  Recently Unwatched TV

(In order to use the Recently Unwatched TV command you'll want to also do the following:

You'll want to make a new Smart Playlist in XBMC that matches these parameters:

And then adjust the actual location of the playlist in Voxcommando:

In VoxCommando, click on the Edit menu.  This will launch the Edit Tree Commander.  In it, open up "XBMC New Misc group".  Right-click on "Recently Unwatched TV" and click Edit.

In the shown section below, change the path that's currently listed to the path of where your playlist is located.

Streaming Media (ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS ONE, PLEASE GOOGLE UP XBMC FORUMS.....):
Youtube Add-one - Command:  Youtube.
Vimeo Add-one - Command:  Vimeo

To see Pandora.com Alaska Mod - Command:  Pandora
(this one, you'll need to install the XBMC Pandora Alaska Mod .

To see streaming Al Jazeera TV:  Command:  al jazeera
(this one, like above needs a little prep:  Save the txt at this link:  into a notepad .txt document called "aljazeera.strm"

Make sure you save it with the quotes in Notepad, so it's set up as a .strm file, not as a .strm.txt file.  

Grab the path to that file and update the link in the command itself after clicking on Edit in VoxCommando.

General:
Escape key - - Command:  Escape key
Tab key - - Command:  Tab key

To bring up your XBMC favorites - Command:  Favorites

Maximize XBMC - Command:  Maximize XBMC

Change Modes as discussed above by jitterjames et al - Command:  Previous View Mode.

Bring up the context window, as if right-clicking on any listed media.  Command:  Context Menu

Clean Music library - Command:  Clean music.
Clean Video library - Command:  Clean Video.

Play SlideShow - Command:  Play Slideshow
Next Slide - Command:  Next Slide
Previous Slide - Command:  Previous Slide
Stop Slideshow - Command:  Escape Key
Pause Slideshow - Command:  Pause Slide

Next Preset - Command:  Next Preset
Previous  Preset - Command:  Previous Preset

Useful links and tips:

VOXCOMMANDO
  • Very useful overview.  
  • What is the Voxcommando builder?
  • More on voxcommando builder.  
  • To modify your Action Tree, you can replace it - or simply drag any attached .xml file from this forum onto your tree edit window to import and merge it.

• Command that can be sent via XBMC.Btn.KB  
  • Useful overview of .879 voxcommando commands (currently 875b).
  • VoxCommando.xml is the xml file that contains all of the commands that are edited by the Tree Editor

XBMC

• Where you can override the default keymap - C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml
  • In VoxCommando, you often see xbmc.send action(14), for example. This is using the Action command from the HTTP API interface.  You'll also see SendKey(0xF024) - that's the SendKey command from the same interface = both commands are found here.  More importantly, you can find the action codes hereFor example action(14) = Action_Next_Item
[/i]
[/list]

EVENTGHOST:I am NOT a fan of eventghost's documen-pain-tion.  So let me save you some pain.

• Eventghost is using Stackless Python 2.6.4  (click on Help/About EventGhost/ System Tab).  There are limitations on what commands are included.  Let me emphasize that - NOT ALL PYTHON COMMANDS WORK IN EVENTGHOST.
  • The quickest way to find out what commands are available, is by clicking on Help/Python Shell/ and on line 4 type in (without the quotes) "eg."  You'll get a pop-up of all of the available commands.
  • As Jitter James' has pointed out....http://www.eventghost.org/docs/short_manual/index.html is your friend.  Read it three times before beginning work on your own Eventghost commands. "
  • Here is where you can find documentation on Eventghost's version of Python.
  • For the love of pete- if you see your eventghost command is italicized - it's broken.  Create a new action, and then delete the old one.  Can't tell you how much time I wasted on that.  :( >:( ???
  • If you're getting compile errors, go open the xml file and copy the particular command you're having a problem with.  Open up EditPlus, and paste the command in.  Look at the bottom bar on the right side- you'll see a "col" with a number next to it.  That number increases as you move to the right, so scroll to the right until you find the character number erroring out in eventghost, and you'll probably find some sort of typo.

All seriousness aside - enjoy the commands - I'm having a blast with them!
[/list]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:39:29 AM by stepppedup »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
There is already a "show playlist" command.  I'm not exactly sure how it works with audio vs. video.  I assume it works based on whichever is actively queued.

I *thought* there was already a context menu command, but I guess not.  Just need to clone the show info command and change the 'i' to a 'c'

I'm curious to see what you come up with for recently added stuff.  Are you planning on using a smart playlist?

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:40:30 PM »
Thanks for the tip on using the show info command as the starter.

For the recently added - those are unique playlists within XBMC, so I'm going to initially try to find those Window ID's/ keyboard shortcut to them.  If not, smart playlist it will have to be.

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:00:41 PM »
Do you have any tips on sending a space command to XBMC from voxcommando?

I've tried XBMC.Btn.KB with the following parameters.

" "
"^{ }"
^{ }
"{SPACE BAR}"
{SPACE BAR}

Cheers either way!

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:07:28 PM »
The Space Bar is used in XBMC for Pause/Unpause, in this case use this, it´s ok .

XBMC.Btn.KB  p (letter p in parameters)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:22:26 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 08:38:16 PM »
Thanks - but p just pauses it.

If you have a media window (ie, a list of shows/ music open), while music/ shows are playing, then space will open up the Now Playing Window which is a special window in XBMC.  The Now Playing list allows for movement of media items up and down on it.

And to touch on jitterjames' point regarding the default Show Playlist command that comes with voxcommando - this actually shows the playlist  - but stops it as well.!

So, anyone know how to send space - or just bring up the Now playing window?

Cheers either way!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 08:45:34 PM »
XBMC.Btn.KB    space

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »
but I think Wanilton is right, it just pauses, under certain circumstances.  It depends what screen you are on, but certainly if you ware watching a movie, then space will pause it.

it does appear that the stock command for show playlist in VC is not working.  This could be due to poor XBMC documentation, or I may have made an error.  Since I don't use this command I didn't notice.

I think what you want is:
XBMC.ExecBuiltin    ActivateWindow(musicplaylist)

or

XBMC.ExecBuiltin    ActivateWindow(videoplaylist)

another possibility is
XBMC.ExecBuiltin    Action(playlist)

but this will only work if you are on certain screens.  (this one seems to be the same as space)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »
for example of other keys you can look in

C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

here you can see how the various keys are spelled.

unfortunately I can't figure out how to do modified keys (like shift) using this "XBMC.Btn.KB" method. :'(

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »
James and friends,

The ActiveWindow in XBMC will change in version 11 (codename - eden), which is being developed, the way pointed out by James works in version 10.0 and 10.1, but will undergo changes in 11, change in nomenclature, the function remains the same..

Look here for info about this changes:
item 1.1 in this link http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=729257&postcount=1 and more details
here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=721208

Wanilton

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:27:36 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 09:23:42 PM »
Wanilton, call me crazy, but neither of those 2 links seem to be saying what you are saying.  If they are changing this command, it is not clear to me how it will be changed, but we can deal with it when the time comes.

Aren't you using the beta of Eden now?  Do the activateWindow commands work for you?

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 09:38:36 PM »
James,

My intention is to inform you that there has been a change for those who are using version 11, I'm using a computer to 10.1 and another computer version 11, that to help the Marcos, get the details right in Aeonmq2 skin.

Basically the function is the same, just change the call the ActiveWindow, in version 11, work this way:

Example new command for Tv Show in Eden
ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles,return)
No more VideoLibrary

For movies in Eden
ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)
Others examples;
ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)
ActivateWindow(Videos,Root)
ActivateWindow(Videos,Addons,return)

Music not changed yet

and this way work ok in Eden Version.

Wanilton

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:45:47 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 09:55:12 PM »
OK, so they are just changing Videolibrary to Videos.  That seems kind of silly, but it will be easy enough for us to adjust when the time comes.

Do you know if there will be some overlap, where both commands work?

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »
James,

I don´t know, i changed for this new way in vox, because I install Eden in my HTPC computer, win7 64 bits, and work fine, but tomorrow,
I will test and let you know if both are working, or just the new way, which I know is that the confluence (skin default) modified version
activewindows for this new way in Eden Version XBMC.

In my other computer run win XP, not running vox off course, only used for test XBMC 10.1 and new version skin.aeonmq2 - version 2.8.0,
in progress now.

Wanilton
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:55 PM »
OK, let us know.  Thanks W.

by the way, can you recommend a stable version of Eden to try?  Maybe I will put it on my office computer to experiment.

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 11:06:22 PM »
James,

Use this release for EDEN, it´s last ok for use with skin aeonmq2, others 4 news releases after this, broken use skin, in special use submenus, I believe changed in activewindows is responsible for this broken.
Marcos was to check, I think tomorrow I'll know what I can do, other skins do not have this problem with newer versions, the problem of skin from Marcos, is that the menu is extremely customizable, and with the changes, we need to redo certain areas to make it compatible. Just remember that the new version adds and changes to the database of XBMC, then return to version 10.1, only recommend a backup prior to all data in the XBMC directory before install Eden.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/xbmc-r1d845da-master.exe  release 03/19/2011.

If you do not like you can delete everything and install again to 10.1, and use your backup to have your data intact again.

Wanilton
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:13:43 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 06:06:55 AM »
Hey guys - my post earlier is pretty much finished - thanks for all of your help!

The only one that I wasn't able to finish was the short artist one - this is what I cobbled together working off of yours - jitterjames.

For some reason it wasn't working (maybe my ridiculously large collection again?).

Anyway - if a fresh pair of eyes could give it a look-over?

Thanks either way!

(Basically, just want to show all songs from a particular artist - without playing them)

<command id="257" name="Find Music Artist" enabled="true" confirm="False" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
            <action>
                <cmdType>XBMC.Send</cmdType>
                <cmdString>execbuiltin(ActivateWindow(musiclibrary,artists))</cmdString>
                <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
            </action>
            <action>
                <cmdType>XBMC.Filter</cmdType>
                <cmdString>{1}</cmdString>
                <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
            </action>
            <action>
                <cmdType>XBMC.Send</cmdType>
                <cmdString>action(2)</cmdString>
                <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
            </action>
            <phrase optional="true">find, show</phrase>
            <phrase>artist</phrase>
            <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="true">xbmcArtists.xml</payloadFromXML>
        </command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »
perhaps you can explain in a bit more detail what you mean by "it wasn't working"

it looks more or less correct.  be careful that your phrasing doesn't overlap with your regular play artist command.  You might want to try something very different like "show songs by" ...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 09:02:50 AM »
this is actually a good opportunity to use the new logic in the command buider.  Because you have so many artists, you don't want to have multiple commands using the artist xml payloads because this is a big waste of resources and increases load time.

instead you could create a phrase like this

payload list:  "play, show"
phrase: artist
Payload xml: xbmcartist.xml

so payload 2 would contain your artist name and payload 1 would tell us what you want to do with the artist.  Then we create an if like this:

if {1}==show
-then --run the macro which finds artists
-else --queue the artist to the music playlist

Another thing we could do, if you use the same list of artists for both mediaMonkey and XBMC:  You could use a single 'play artist command' and then detect if XBMC has focus.  If it does, send the play command to xbmc, otherwise send it to MediaMonkey

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 01:10:57 AM »
I'm just not seeing where to put the logic in?  Do I put it into the voxcommando.xml itself or via the command builder? 

Sorry - I've googled the heck out of it, read over the wiki, etc. just not seeing it.  (And I can't use MediaMonkey as I finally got the wife happy with using XBMC.  She'll KILL me if I throw another media front-end at her).

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 04:10:01 AM »
I'm just not seeing where to put the logic in?  Do I put it into the voxcommando.xml itself or via the command builder?  

Sorry - I've googled the heck out of it, read over the wiki, etc. just not seeing it.  (And I can't use MediaMonkey as I finally got the wife happy with using XBMC.  She'll KILL me if I throw another media front-end at her).
Hi,
the logic is in commanndbuilder, doubleclick on a command.
Can you describe more precisely what is not working in MediaMonkey, commands or whatever?

Greetings Kalle
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:15:04 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:31 AM »
Hi Kalle -

Oy!!!!!  Just saw the new builder picture you have there.  Googled LCB and voxcommando, and got the answer I was looking for - thank you!

I am feeling adventurous, so will be hopping over to .882

Thanks a million!

(BTW, I'm updating my huge post farther up in this as I've thrown in more essential XBMC commands.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:28:39 AM by stepppedup »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 04:25:51 AM »
Hi Kalle -

Sure it's for XBMC, specifically to Show music from xyz artist....  (not play - just show, so that additional songs can be queued without messing up current songs). 

I really like JitterJames's suggestion just above my post:

so payload 2 would contain your artist name and payload 1 would tell us what you want to do with the artist.  Then we create an if like this:

if {1}==show
-then --run the macro which finds artists
-else --queue the artist to the music playlist

But - I don't see where I would put the "If...Then" statement into Command builder?  Or VoxCommando.xml?

Is there an example somewhere? 

Thanks a million!
Have you found the logic command builder? There you can enter everything exactly as you described it.

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 04:29:31 AM »
Yep - thanks to the LCB label on your screenshot - thank you!!!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 04:31:38 AM »
Yep - thanks to the LCB label on your screenshot - thank you!!!
Have fun  ;D

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
...  (And I can't use MediaMonkey as I finally got the wife happy with using XBMC.  She'll KILL me if I throw another media front-end at her).
I use mediaMonkey and XBMC and they both access the same music folders.  I manage my music using MediaMonkey.  All changes get saved to the files tags which is reflected in XBMC.  So if you wanted to use mediaMonkey for yourself, your wife could still have full access via xbmc.  I'm not saying that you should do this, just that you could.  XBMC is fine for accessing music, but it doesn't really provide any tools for managing it.  Even rating a song in XBMC is a chore as I recall.

In my case, I also only listen to music via MediaMonkey because XBMC's GUI still cranks one of my cpu cores up to 100% and I don't like the idea of wasting electricity and creating heat if I don't have to.  Also, VC has better access and control over music via MM. Really when it comes to just music, nothing beats the Monkey.  Wait, that doesn't sound right...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:48:08 AM by jitterjames »

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »
Lol - no monkeys were harmed during the making of these vox commando commands....

Thanks a million for your help Jitter james, Kalle, and Wanilton.

I just updated my beast of a post with the last of my current 'had to haves'....I finally got it all worked out in .875(b), as I just didn't want to run into any bugs that might really throw my learning curve off.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=412.msg3041#msg3041

Namely:
"Play your particular playlist - or your girlfriend's.  Command - {Your Name/ Girlfriend's Name} Playlist

Add any currently playing mp3 to a playlist for any number of people.  The idea behind this is you can just have music playing, and suddenly realize that you really like a particular song.  Command:   Add {Name}"
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:05:23 PM by Wanilton »

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »
Thanks, good job, stepppedup;
Why you don´t use new version vox 0.882b...?? the logical features it´s great for solve your problems.
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=443.0;attach=420
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:19:11 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »
My Commands, look attached file, there are good examples use payloads...
in Music, search for Play music by (Artist), use 2 payloads...look this post
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=98.msg1697#msg1697 - reply 39
for understand use of command.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:35:09 PM by Wanilton »
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 06:45:08 AM »
.884 and above compatible only...

"Help" to generate your XBMC commands.  It also minimizes XBMC,and maximizes google chrome.

"Close Help" to close chrome, and maximize XBMC.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 04:43:09 PM by stepppedup »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2011, 07:58:53 AM »
.884 and above compatible only...

"Help" to generate your XBMC commands.  It also minimizes XBMC,and maximizes google chrome.

"Close Help" to close chrome, and maximize XBMC.

Nice.  Glad to see that you upgraded to 0.884  I have a few question / comments.  First a comment, I would change the help phrase to something longer, and maybe add an alternate phrase.

"show help, show all commands, what can I say"

Single word commands are generally a bad idea and will come back to haunt you one day . :P  Same goes for your "Tab" command.  For a single key I might use a standard like "press tab", "press escape" etc.

Question: is it necessary to minimize xbmc and then maximize it later?  Is it not sufficient to just open and focus chrome? then close chrome and focus xbmc?  Seems to work for me, but maybe it depends on if you are using "true fullscreen" with xbmc?

Comments:
You don't need to focus voxcommando before calling the help command.  In fact you have a typo (missing the 'x') so that command isn't doing anything anyway, unless you have another program called "vocommando" running.  ;)

You might want to create a very similar command called "help with x b m c, help with media center" that only shows xbmc commands.

I'm not sure if it would be 100% reliable or not, but instead of closing chrome, you might want to close the tab, in case you already had other tabs open in chrome when you started.  I believe the best way to do this is with the new

inputkeys.send {control+w}
or with
sendkeys ^w

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 03:46:02 PM »
Here's a cool new command if you are using the Showcase view in Aeon.

XBMC.ExecBuiltin     Skin.ToggleSetting(flattenshowcasemovies)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:57:59 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »
Wanilton, maybe M.Q. could suggest some other settings that we could adjust with voice commands (like the one above)?  I know some of them require the skin to be reset (for example toggle media cases on and off) but maybe there are others like this that are instant... :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 04:09:15 PM »
more commands using execbuiltin...

Skin.ToggleSetting(nomediaflags)

on the main menu:   Skin.ToggleSetting(lowermainmenu)

on showcase: Skin.ToggleSetting(showcasefixedlist)
but for this one you either need to leave showcase or reload the skin.

and for multiplex:   Skin.ToggleSetting(multiplexfixedlist)
and for landscape:  Skin.ToggleSetting(landscapefixedlist)

I'm not sure what this is:   Skin.ToggleSetting(flattenshowcasetvshows) or Skin.ToggleSetting(flattenshowcaseseasons) or Skin.ToggleSetting(flattenshowcasemusic)

I don't know if this requ

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 05:01:22 PM »
Cool - much thanks for the suggestions, and catching the typo.

I updated the help commands - using "show help" and "help me".  I also have a couple of swear words in the version that I didn't upload, with the computer replying, "Is it really necessary to use that language? A simple "Help me" will work."

Re:  Question: is it necessary to minimize xbmc and then maximize it later?  Is it not sufficient to just open and focus chrome? then close chrome and focus xbmc?  Seems to work for me, but maybe it depends on if you are using "true fullscreen" with xbmc?

Yep - I'm running full-screen with XBMC, and I found this was the most dependable method to get my help screen up and running. 

Re:   instead of closing chrome, you might want to close the tab-

Good point, but this is on a dedicated HTPC on which I do no browsing. 

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
Wanilton, maybe M.Q. could suggest some other settings that we could adjust with voice commands (like the one above)?  I know some of them require the skin to be reset (for example toggle media cases on and off) but maybe there are others like this that are instant... :)

Ok James, I send one request for Marcos about suggest other settings, if I give return, i will inform here.
www.xbmcbrasil.net
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »
Enable Debugging and Disable Debugging - very handy!

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
This uses Eventghost's timer function to broadcast and call a scan on both music and video library at 4 am.

Then at 5 am, Eventghost's timer function calls for XML to be generated.

I'm curious to see what the equivalent timer is within Vox, but I wanted to do the Eventghost to Vox as prep for another idea I've got....

Vox's xml is attached.

Eventghost XML (thanks to Jitter James' solution over in the EG Forum):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1486">
    <Macro Name="4 am timer">
        <Action Name="4  am">
            Timer.TimerAction(u'Scan both every day', 0, 1, 1.0, u'', False, True, 2, u'04:00:00')
        </Action>
        <Action Name="Broadcaster: Broadcast: event Both">
            BroadcastListener.Broadcast(u'event', u'Both&amp;&amp;payload1&amp;&amp;payload2', 33000)
        </Action>
    </Macro>

<Macro Name="5 am timer">
        <Action Name="5  am">
            Timer.TimerAction(u'GenXML every day', 0, 1, 1.0, u'', False, True, 2, u'05:00:00')
        </Action>
        <Action Name="Broadcaster: Broadcast: event GenXMLALL">
            BroadcastListener.Broadcast(u'event', u'GenXMLALL&amp;&amp;payload1&amp;&amp;payload2', 33000)
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>

Cheers!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando

I'm curious to see what the equivalent timer is within Vox, but I wanted to do the Eventghost to Vox as prep for another idea I've got....

Vox's event timer is super simple.  You can't set a specific time or anything, just a delay in seconds. [UPDATE 2013: this is no longer the case! You *can* set a specific time using VC.SetEventTimer. Be careful with old threads ...]

What are you passing payload1 and payload2 for?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:41:33 PM by nime5ter »

stepppedup

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
Nothing currently, but there's something that I'm mulling over for another function using the eg timer - > vox event  and would need the payload.

Gotta go tweak on XBMC to see if it's possible before I go there though ....

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2014, 05:34:45 PM »
James,

My intention is to inform you that there has been a change for those who are using version 11, I'm using a computer to 10.1 and another computer version 11, that to help the Marcos, get the details right in Aeonmq2 skin.

Basically the function is the same, just change the call the ActiveWindow, in version 11, work this way:

Example new command for Tv Show in Eden
ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles,return)
No more VideoLibrary

For movies in Eden
ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)
Others examples;
ActivateWindow(Videos,Files,return)
ActivateWindow(Videos,Root)
ActivateWindow(Videos,Addons,return)

Music not changed yet

and this way work ok in Eden Version.

Wanilton

Hi guy,

Can someone please help me, i'm looking for commands ( show my video addons and show my music addons )! i m using frodo.

Thanks guys

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2014, 10:44:23 PM »
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="153" name="test audio video addons" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "video", "parameters": [ "addons://sources/video" ]</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <cmdString>GUI.ActivateWindow&amp;&amp;"window": "music", "parameters": [ "addons://sources/audio" ]</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
</command>

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 01:32:46 AM »
Thank you james.  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:14:16 AM by jitterjames »