Author Topic: DisplayFusion integration  (Read 1574 times)

squatingyeti

• View Profile
DisplayFusion integration
« on: November 26, 2014, 09:34:37 PM »
Not sure if this should go in the plugins area or this integration area. Anyway, this may be something only I use or may be beyond stupid to even do. However, I was wondering if anyone else uses DisplayFusion with multi-monitor setups? I was wondering if there's any possibility to have VC interact with displayfusion? It does some pretty cool stuff with managing windows and your monitors as well as a ton of other things for those of us with multi-monitors. Now, I can make displayfusion react to VC by setting up key combos in its settings and having VC just hit the keys for what I want, but I was looking to see if there was a more direct way possible to interact with the two.

I may be crazy and the only person at all who uses this neat little program. If so pay no attention to the ramblings of a yeti  :bonk

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: DisplayFusion integration
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:42:46 PM »
Yes, sorry that your first post disappeared when the server monsters tumbled down the house the other day.

Have you ever tried DisplayFusion's command line tool? http://www.displayfusion.com/KB/CommandLine/

VoxCommando usually plays quite nicely with command line utilities.

e.g. http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1838.msg15932#msg15932

and http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1125.msg9462#msg9462
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:10:42 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 01:40:26 PM »
I figured that's what happened. I'll take a look at that and thanks!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 01:30:20 PM »
So, while eating my lunch today I downloaded the DF trial to test out the command line utility.

Seems to work fine. I used an example that they show in their documentation for switching to a new desktop wallpaper. It takes a second or two for DisplayFusion to do this, but it works fine.

Here's the command I'm using. (The profile that I created in DF is called "Tropical Storm".)

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.2.1-->
<command id="306" name="display next image" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Launch.Hidden</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>C:\Program Files (x86)\DisplayFusion\DisplayFusionCommand.exe</param>
      <param> -wallpaperloadprofile "Tropical Storm" -wallpapernextimage</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Please be patient. Display Fusion is randomly choosing a new image.</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>display next image</phrase>
</command>
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

squatingyeti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 02:45:57 PM »
Yeah, sorry I didn't post back, but the command line works like a charm! I wanted to be able to tell VC to move a specified window to a different screen. Works perfect. I have VC focus the window and then the command line from display fusion moves it quickly to the screen I want.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »
Groovy. Thanks for the update.