Author Topic: voxcommando and switching monitors  (Read 2261 times)

Ryan00

• View Profile
voxcommando and switching monitors
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »
I have one computer my htpc it  has xbmc  and all my media stuff. I have my a 50 inch samsung tv connected hdmi and also a AOC monitor connected hdmi.  What i want to do is switch between the tv and the computer  monitor using voxcommando . So when i say " switch to tv, voxcommmando well switch the Samsung screen only, or when i say switch to computer monitor vox will then switch to the computer monitor. Now im NOT taking about powering them on, im talking about putting the desktop on one or the other.  Im running windows 8 and i know their is a keyboard shortcut for switching your displays WIN+P  however cant get this working . Anyone have any idea's how i can switch displays using VC ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: voxcommando and switching monitors
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:15:28 PM »
When you say "can't get this working", what do you mean?  Did you actually try to create some kind of command using keyboard emulation?  If you did, please upload the XML and I'll let you know if I see any obvious mistakes.

Depending on your graphics software you might be able to use a more direct shortcut for each display, as opposed to using windows-p and then arrows, and then enter.

Ryan00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »
No , im kinda looking for the best way to do this. Tryed a few things that didnt work. sorry i dont have a XML ..  What do you think the best way to do this is ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »
Keyboard emulation, unless you want to use a command line tool like nirsoft multi monitor tool.  I have not used it myself, just did a Google search.

Ryan00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16:30 PM »
i think that the command line tool would prob be better? any idea how to set something like this up with VC? Also would eventghost be a option?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:27:27 PM »
Naomi discovered a command line switch program that might do the trick.  It's very basic but does the same thing as win-p so if that works for you this should.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="760" name="external monitor" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Launch.RawParam</cmdType>
    <cmdString>C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe&amp;&amp;/external</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
</command>

and the same command but using internal instead of external should work to switch to the first monitor.  I don't have two monitors here so I can't really test.

Ryan00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 06:36:46 PM »
James thanks alot this worked like a charm !!  :)