Author Topic: Help with Kodi Isengard / VC  (Read 3791 times)

dxxpublic

• View Profile
Help with Kodi Isengard / VC
« on: December 13, 2015, 03:55:37 PM »
Hi all,

This might be a dumb question but im trying to figure out how to make VC command my Kodi Isengard.  This is what ive done.

1. Install Xjson, xMySql, Xsql plugins
2. Installed VoxCommando tools from the VC installation zip included on VC folder
3. Configure Kodi to have the webserver enabled.
4. Configured Xjson plugin to point to the kodi webserver.
5. Tested connection - Success
6. Created a new action on VC, went to to plugin actions and from here im pretty much lost.  I dont see any actions or anything.  Can someone give me some pointers on how to get this started so i can then continue?

Thanks in advance

Juan

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Help with Kodi Isengard / VC
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:02:28 PM »
Create a new blank folder and install VC there.  Then when prompted to select a profile choose the "Kodi 15 Isengard" config.

Then you will have access to all the commands that we have already created.  You can see how it all works.

If you haven't already done so have a look at: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Installation_Kodi

If you have done all this an you are trying to figure out the best way to combine the Kodi command with others you have already made you can watch the tutorial on combining configurations:
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Video_Tutorials#Installation_Tutorials:_Standard_Configurations

dxxpublic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 04:27:37 PM »
thank you now i see that i can create my own commands if needed using "XJson.Raw"

dxxpublic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 04:51:06 PM »
Follow up question if you dont mind.  What i want to accomplish its to control the addon "genesis" for kodi. 

Im able to open the addon, but the sub menu is Movies ..TV shows...Channels ... etc ... will it be possible to control those directly or i have to do a command to go up and down and then enter on the desired selection?

Thanks

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 06:03:23 PM »
See http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2258.msg19629#msg19629

and/or http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1435.msg12440#msg12440

Basically the trick is to find the direct path/window label for each subdirectory. The Favourites method or consulting the Kodi log is generally the easiest way to find that info.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:11:05 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

dxxpublic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »
Thanks nime. Im sorry, im a bit confused.

For an example on the log i get

18:23:59 T:2812   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=seasons&imdb=tt0096697&tmdb=456&tvdb=71663&tvrage=6190&tvshowtitle=The%20Simpsons&year=1989)
18:23:59 T:2812   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvFavourites]
18:23:59 T:11424   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin Genesis('plugin://plugin.video.genesis/','5','?action=seasons&imdb=tt0096697&tmdb=456&tvdb=71663&tvrage=6190&tvshowtitle=The%20Simpsons&year=1989')

Im not really sure what do to next.  Any chance you can help with further instructions?  Im kinda lost

thanks

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 08:55:13 PM »
18:23:59 T:2812   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvFavourites]

Yes, so here you can use this ParentPath with a GUI.ActivateWindow to navigate directly to the Genesis TV Favourites screen.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.0.9-->
<command id="201" name="Genesis Favourite TV" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Browsing to Genesis Favourite TV Shows</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>GUI.ActivateWindow</param>
      <param>"window": "video", "parameters": [ "plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvFavourites" ]</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Genesis Favourite TV</phrase>
</command>

If you wanted the general TV menu rather than the TV Favourites screen, it would be:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.0.9-->
<command id="189" name="Genesis TV Shows" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>Browsing to Genesis TV shows</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>GUI.ActivateWindow</param>
      <param>"window": "video", "parameters": [ "plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvNavigator" ]</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Genesis TV Shows</phrase>
</command>

If you have the commands from the standard Kodi config in VC, I think there are examples that can be emulated, but it does take some experimentation.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

dxxpublic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 09:05:02 PM »
Im sorry but where do i find this files with the code you added?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but if you mean the commands that are in the standard Kodi configuration, in his post near the beginning of this thread, James suggested that you install a fresh version of VC in a new folder and then choose the Kodi Isengard configuration.

He suggested that so that you could get easy access to the full standard set of commands for Kodi. You can then just copy the command groups that you want from there, as well as experiment and learn from those commands.

dxxpublic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 09:29:40 PM »
What i meant what was the name of the file  :P dumb me, just noticed it was the voicecommands.xml

thanks again

P.S.:  I just tested it and it worked great.  Thanks!!!!!   :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 09:34:54 PM by dxxpublic »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 08:43:43 AM »
Great.

If it's of interest, VC's xJson plugin is using Kodi's JSON-RPC API (in this case, the GUI.ActivateWindow method).

For some users, it can be helpful to look directly at that documentation. http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6