Author Topic: Can I use VC and Eventghost to voice control my music software?  (Read 4141 times)

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use VC and Eventghost to voice control my music software?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 11:30:52 AM »
Appreciate the offer but that's waaaay out of my budget but I can get it done from Braina's support for less and I have already paid for their license. Also as mentioned braina works fine, it's only the specific tune replacing the playlist issue I would need to pay for.

I was looking into if I could try VC and get this done myself or maybe with a little paid help.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 12:07:01 PM »
No problem.

Yes you can learn to use VoxCommando and get it to work with OtsAV yourself but it won't be a plug and play solution.  You will have to invest a lot of time to figure it out on your own.  I did not think that this was what you were looking to do.

Or you can continue to use Braina.  I got the impression that was not working out for you but maybe there is something they can do to improve the experience.  After all their license costs more than 7 times as much as VoxCommando so that program must be WAY better than VC right? ;)

You can evaluate and learn to use VC for free and everything you need is on this website.  If you get stuck along the way and have specific questions that are not already answered in the Wiki or on this Forum then we will be happy to help.

I'm happy either way.  Good luck with whatever you chose to do.

Regarding the fee for my time to develop a solution for you, this would be a one time fee and after that I would make the solution freely available to all so you if you find others who are also interested, you could share the cost with them.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:11:24 PM by jitterjames »

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 12:48:47 PM »
Thanks for understanding my situation, I am not cheap but just low budget. Yes you read my situation accurately, I  would definitely pay someone to do it for me if I could afford it since am not a coder.

I think I will try 2 things, to see how far I might get with VC and voxwav so I can see if it can work with the same speed and efficiency as Braina. Meantime asking around my circles to see if anyone would like to join in so we could split the fee, that's a great idea, thanks.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 01:40:10 PM »
Let me know when you are up and running and I can give you the simple commands like play, pause, next, etc.

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 02:50:59 PM »
Thank you. I wrote to braina support again this time trying to explain things better, let me see what they will say.

I am seeing this as a minor fix, braina only needs to point to OTSAV's media library instead of the hard drive, that is all but I am not a coder so I won't know how easy or difficult it would be.

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »
I installed VC but first doing some reading and research I found your video here:

Yes James that is close to my scenario only I would be sippin on a beer instead of OJ unless that was a screwdriver?
I guess you were using a mic on the laptop, I had looked into a lapel type mic which pins to your shirt but one would need to walk around with a mic receiver or battery pack.

The woman had asked you if you can search for specific songs and you had said it's "iffy"?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:49:36 PM by mikehende »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 05:01:29 PM »
That video is almost ten years old!
 :o

Oh my god. Have I been doing this for almost a decade?

:bonk   :biglaugh

Things have changed a little bit since then...

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 05:06:32 PM »
Well, that explains that. Nice background surroundings though. I has also looked at a video of you indoors speaking the phone commands, seems similar speed and effectiveness as braina.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 05:27:48 PM »
It probably uses the same basic engine for recognition but the implementation is very very different.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 05:53:30 AM »
We have also tested a lot of microphones - our latest test is here if you search for a wireless wearable mic.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2811.msg24005#msg24005

@james: wow - round about 10 years are past very fast - We can repeat this scenario in a few weeks with all our new equipment - then you can see the progress of the last years.  ;)

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 07:55:31 AM »
Thanks for the link and info Kalle, how effective is that mic system when you are among people and with the music playing loudly?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2018, 08:10:16 AM »
I don't think Kalle ever listens to very loud music.

In general, no matter what microphone you use if you have very loud music it is going to be an issue unless you use "audio ducking" and have the mic quite close to your mouth so that the sensitivity of the mic can be quite low.

With something like VoxWav or an Amulet remote you can get both of these features and the microphone is not always on so it's unlikely to give you a lot of false positives when you are not trying to issue voice commands.

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »
Makes sense. I had thought if one could use a code word to tell the system when to listen for your command and when to turn off then this might cut down on it picking up anything in the background?

Also before I experiment with VC and voxwav, can you confirm which player you use and if you are able to have a playlist run continuously and if you can call up a specific tune from your entire library and have it either play now or play next please?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2018, 08:34:58 AM »
I think VoxWav is exactly for what you looking for.
VoxWav can ducking the music automatically and you have also the option in the „VoxWav Pro“ Version to select alternates or a specific command from a list - really easy to use.
James is absolute right, I didn’t hear music loudly.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

mikehende

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2018, 08:39:20 AM »
Cool thx, nothing ventured nothing gained, will give the free versions of VC and voxwav a shot with OTSAV first.

BTW "really easy to use", those words I am wary of  :)