Author Topic: My First Command Need Help  (Read 1414 times)

eugekiller

• View Profile
My First Command Need Help
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:43:36 AM »
Ok so i am trying to do this comand to tell me the weather when i say hello. I think i did everything corectly when i test it, it does tell me the weather and all. But when i say hello VOX is not recognizing what i am saying. :(

I dont know if its because something wrong with the code or it just actully not understanding what i am saying.
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.0.9-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="HELLO" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="326" name="Hello" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>WUnder.GetCustom</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Current temperature {C.temp_c}. The high for today is {D0.high}. </param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>{LastResult}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
  </command>
</commandGroup>
]

Any help would be great thanks :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: My First Command Need Help
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:59:26 AM »
The phrase you have assigned to your command is simply "hello" so why would you expect it to understand "hello vox"?  I believe that VC will sometimes recognize  just the "hello" even if you said another word after it but if you want to be able to say "hello vox" then you should add "vox" as a phrase.

Please watch tutorial 1A about the basics of building commands.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:03:03 AM by jitterjames »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:24:35 PM »
The phrase you have assigned to your command is simply "hello" so why would you expect it to understand "hello vox"?  I

Actually, if the command XML that was posted is what eugekiller is using, there is no phrase assigned to the command at all.

The command is given the name, "Hello", but it has only a macro without any phrase triggers assigned to it.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Customizing_Commands#Element_1._Command_Input
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »
My mistake. I thought I saw the phrase hello in the xml. With no phrases assigned to a command it will obviously not work at all.