Author Topic: Switch to off while movie playing (solved)  (Read 1567 times)

method007

• View Profile
Switch to off while movie playing (solved)
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:39:57 PM »
If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.  I have found a few posts on the subject but nothing with instructions.  I'd like to have VoxCommando switch to off once Kodi is playing something, then switch back to standy by if I pause or stop what is playing.  Anybody have a tutorial on how to accomplish that?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:26:07 PM by method007 »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Switch to off while movie playing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 01:43:58 PM »
Hi method007,

Welcome to VC.

Watch the first 3 tutorials and you should be able to figure it out yourself.

&feature=view_all

Assuming Kodi is set up correctly you should already be seeing events in the VC history window whenever media in Kodi starts or stops playing.

If you still have any questions let us know.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »
Welcome Method007,

The wiki tutorials/documentation are also a good way to get up to speed on how to use events (like those generated automatically by Kodi) to trigger commands etc.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Customizing_Commands

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Events
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

method007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
Wow so thanks a lot for making those videos.  I learned a lot.  The only issue I have now is that the start and stop events from kodi are not showing up in the history window in VoxCommando.  I went through the install again to make sure I did it right.  Json is showing as connected when I test the HTTP connection.  I tried using that actual IP address and local host as well.  I do have Voxcommando tools (0.1.4) installed on Kodi 15.2, using VoxCommando 2.2.0.7.

Any ideas?

method007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 02:33:25 PM »
Welcome Method007,

The wiki tutorials/documentation are also a good way to get up to speed on how to use events (like those generated automatically by Kodi) to trigger commands etc.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Customizing_Commands

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Events

Yes and the videos were really helpful.  It's significantly easier than I thought it would be.  Thanks for your help!

method007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 02:37:45 PM »
Wow so thanks a lot for making those videos.  I learned a lot.  The only issue I have now is that the start and stop events from kodi are not showing up in the history window in VoxCommando.  I went through the install again to make sure I did it right.  Json is showing as connected when I test the HTTP connection.  I tried using that actual IP address and local host as well.  I do have Voxcommando tools (0.1.4) installed on Kodi 15.2, using VoxCommando 2.2.0.7.

Any ideas?

Got it.  I did not have the "subscribe to notifications on port" option selected.  Thank you!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 02:41:17 PM »
Glad you figured it out. Enjoy.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 03:05:24 PM »
Got it.  I did not have the "subscribe to notifications on port" option selected.  Thank you!

Thanks.

This should be enabled by default.  I will have to check.