Author Topic: Command List and Play Artist problem  (Read 2278 times)

litfoo

• View Profile
Command List and Play Artist problem
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »

Hi all,

Have finally got a new PC with Windows 8.1, XBMC Frodo 12.3 and Voxcommando installed. Using the VoxWav app on Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2

Have managed to generate the XML for XBMC frodo and VC appears to be accepting commands.

1. Is there a full list of all the default/pre-configured commands that XBMC/Frodo will action/understand with XBMC?

2. When I say 'Play Artist Coldplay' for example, instead of playing tracks by Coldplay, it goes to play tracks by 'Various' - any ideas why I am seeing this behaviour?

3. When watching a movie and I ask VC, 'What movie is this?' - it does not announce the title of the movie? - any ideas why this may not be working?

thanks in advance,

litfioo

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Command List and Play Artist problem
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:25:19 AM »
Hi litfoo,

If you installed the XBMC Frodo configuration that comes with VC, you can see the full list of commands using Help > Build Voice Menu within VC. That will open a browser window displaying a complete list of all the commands in your particular configuration. (It will also show any commands you may have added on your own, but if you're trying to determine whether you actually have the commands that you're trying to say in your command tree, this is a good way.)

You can also open your command tree and scan that -- including searching the tree for a particular term using the magnifying glass (http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Command_Tree_Editor#Commands)

That said, I've been thinking of uploading the commands that come in various default configurations to the wiki -- I just haven't gotten to it yet.

With regard to the problems you're having with those 2 commands, there are different reasons you could be having problems. Can you please enable logging in VC Options (http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log), and re-create the problem, and then post your log as an attachment here? That will save us all a lot of time. :)

Thanks.

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

litfoo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »
Thanks for the speedy response and explanation with regards to the commands.

I will enable the logging and revert

cheers again
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:32:52 AM by jitterjames »

SeanCRS1

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
Litfo,
Also something that recently got the better of me with Frodo, have you installed the Vox-Tools in XBMC yet?  http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=941.msg7855#msg7855 for the details.

as far as the reading the movie title to you, try using the Connect command after XBMC is open then use the What movie is this command.  Does any of the TTS functions read aloud?

Welcome and good luck on it.

Sean
“We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?”
— The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 13

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

Also something that recently got the better of me with Frodo, have you installed the Vox-Tools in XBMC yet? 
Sean

Yes, good point. The documentation and the video tutorial for installing the XBMC Frodo VC configuration both include the important step of installing the VoxTools Addon in XBMC, but for some reason this is still commonly overlooked.   :)

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Installation_XBMC_Frodo
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 12:10:59 PM »
3. When watching a movie and I ask VC, 'What movie is this?' - it does not announce the title of the movie? - any ideas why this may not be working?

If a command does not appear to work, you need to provide us with a bit of information about what is and what is not actually happening.

1st - is it understanding you and trying to execute the correct command based on what you said.
2nd - is it executing some actions that seem appropriate for the command, and do these actions generate any errors.

This information is easy for you to find by looking in your history window or in the log.  We don't have access to it so we can't help you.

For this particular command it is possible that it is hearing you correctly, and correctly requesting the information from XBMC, but then failing to do the TTS because XBMC is hogging the audio output.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:13:13 PM by jitterjames »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 02:55:10 PM »
I will enable the logging and revert

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "revert" here, but just in case my suggestion to re-create the problem wasn't as clear as I'd intended, I meant that after enabling logging you should say those commands that aren't working for you a few times, so that we can see in the log what is happening when you say them. You shouldn't have to change anything else about your installation apart from checking the "Enable Log" option.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 10:21:49 AM »
1. Is there a full list of all the default/pre-configured commands that XBMC/Frodo will action/understand with XBMC?

I've added a page to the wiki. Haven't quite gotten around to posting commands for all the configurations, but the most popular ones are now posted.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Default_VoxCommando_Configurations

For your own configuration, the best option is still to use Help > Build Voice Commands.