Author Topic: New user having no luck  (Read 1695 times)

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
New user having no luck
« on: March 01, 2014, 08:50:02 AM »
Hi,

Just discover vox commando and I'm very excited by the possibilities. However I've fallen at the first hurdle. It's talking to xbmc and the android app but as soon as I send a command from voxwav, commando crashes.
I've tried a previous version, running as admin, changing volume setting but it is still crashing every single time.
Any help would be much appreciated as I'd really like to get this up and running..
Running on win7 64.  App on android 4.3 (also tried on 4.1)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: New user having no luck
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 08:56:36 AM »
Hi casmo.  That sounds like a new one.

What version of VC are you using?
What version of VoxWav?

Have you tried to use VoxCommando with a normal microphone?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »
Also, what folder is VoxCommando installed in?

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:02:01 AM »
Hi,
It's version 1.188, I also tried 1.185. App version is whatever is the current version in the play store.
I haven't tried a regular mic as I don't have one to hand. The android is probably what I'll end up using anyway though.. Thanks

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 09:03:08 AM »
Installed in c:\vox

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »
Hi Casmo,

1. Are you using VoxWav Free or VoxWav Pro?
2. Diagnostically, it will be important to test VoxCommando with a microphone somehow, otherwise we can't eliminate variables very systematically. If there's some way you can find a mic temporarily, that would be helpful.
3. For now, maybe re-creating the problem and posting your log can provide us some clues. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

thanks
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »
Since I have never heard of such a thing happening before, we need to first establish where the problem lies.

I would ask that you borrow a microphone from somewhere and first verify that you are able to run Windows built in speech recognition.

If that works then test VC with a regular mic.  And if that works too, then we can focus on trying to figure out how VoxWav could possibly crash VC.

If you want to fire off a complete VC log in the meantime that might be helpful, but it might not.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:42:56 AM by jitterjames »

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 01:38:06 PM »
Quick update.. Working perfectly with usb mic so definitely an app issue. Very impressed so far, definitely getting pro version..

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 01:47:02 PM »
I better take a look at your voxLog then.  Also please send me a screenshot of your TcpMic settings.

If you want to try again with VoxWav Free, then please try changing the "mic source" setting in the app to MIC or VOICE_RECOGNITION and see if they work better.  Also in TcpMic settings try enabling "Adjust Volume" and setting it to 20%.

You can also give the VoxWav Pro app a try, and if it doesn't work you should be able to cancel your app store purchase within 15 minutes.  If you have any problems I will make sure you get a refund.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 01:50:41 PM »
You can also try the Mobiola headset app, which VoxCommando will perceive as a normal microphone.  The only problem with it is that the headset app is really designed to be always on, with no tilt feature.  It is not as well suited to VC as VoxWav, but in a pinch it might be an alternative for you.

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 07:24:08 PM »
Put the app issue on the back burner, having way too much fun with this program! Amazed by the results with a really poor mic.. One issue, the ignore me or stop listening commands will flip it from green to yellow but 'listen' is not flipping it back. It's saying listen?? (Xbmc play album artist music)... Any ideas? Thanks again

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 07:31:19 PM »
Hi Casmo,

The default configuration uses the following phrases for turning VC back to green mode:

- computer
- start listening
- pay attention

You could add just "listen" to that list if you want, in the command tree editor, but if you have a lot of commands like "Listen to music" it's probably best to avoid it.

You can view all the voice commands for your configuration if you click on Help > Build Voice Menu.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:33:49 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Casmo

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 07:36:01 PM »
Excellent, many thanks...