Author Topic: OSD prevents windows to shutdown.  (Read 2050 times)

GMib

• View Profile
OSD prevents windows to shutdown.
« on: September 27, 2013, 08:11:31 AM »
i've a vox command for shutdown computer with confirm, when i use it, OSD prevents windows to shutdown.
i must cancel shutdown and close vox manualy.
can you close OSD when command is confirmed ?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: OSD prevents windows to shutdown.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 10:06:36 AM »
Which versions of Windows and of VC are you using?

So far, I have not been able to reproduce the problem on my system. I am using W8 and VC 1.1.5.8.

Could you please post a screen image of your general settings (options), or your options.xml if that's easier?

I've tried changing various OSD options in the general settings, but none of them prevent my computer from shutting down.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »
It is also important that you don't have your VC command editor or other VC windows open.  VoxCommando won't close if the editor is open, but it should not care if any of the OSD windows are visible.

Closing the confirm window won't help because all the OSD windows are actually just hidden when they appear to close.  This is necessary so that when they are shown, they are only being "unhidden" and will therefor not steal focus away from other programs that you are using.

Also, can you tell us if you have any other programs running?

I can try to modify the System.ShutDown action so that it forces the VC application to exit completely, but if we could actually recreate the problem that you are having that would be preferable.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:22:38 AM by jitterjames »

GMib

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 11:25:16 AM »
i'm on W7 64b, vox 1.1.5.8

i haven't other VC window openned.
this is not always VoxOSD blocking, it changes (VoxRecognisedOSD or something like that)

I have a lot of program running, I do not close any when I shutdown the computer.
(firefox,thunderbird, utorrent, skype, notepadd++ for the most common)

sometimes the computer turns off directly, but most of the time it crashes.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 12:05:01 PM »
In that screenshot it says that 5 programs need to close.  Can you please do a test where VoxCommando is the only program open.  Does it still block?

Knowing windows, it might be complaining that VC is blocking it when in fact it is something else that is really blocking it.  Without being able to recreate the problem I don't really know how I can solve it, however in the next version of VC I will set the System.Shutdown action to close VC first and perhaps that will help.

I am also setting the confirm OSD to disappear immediately when it is either confirmed or cancelled, since there is no need for it to stay on screen anyway, but I have no idea if this will affect your shutdown issue.

GMib

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:41:10 PM »
j'ai redémarrer une vingtaine de fois, je n'est plus eu de bugs, avec ou sans logiciels lancé ;(
I restart a about twenty times, I no longer had any bugs, with or without software launched.

j'essaierai de bien regarder quels sont les programmes lancé la prochaine fois que je rencontrerai ce bug.
I try to look closely at what programs are launched next time I meet this bug.

maxwel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 06:58:46 PM »
Salut,

quelqu'un peut m'aider! j'aimerai bien eteindre mon ordi avec une confirmation et comment ca marche?

Merci

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »
Il faut utiliser la fonction "Must Confirm" (coche la case) dans le LCB (Logical Command Builder - c'est la fenêtre où l'on construit une commande).

On crée une commande avec l'une des actions: System.Shutdown ; System.Hibernate ; ou System.Sleep (la préférence c'est à toi). http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Actions#System

Par exemple, avec System.Shutdown :

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="258" name="Eteins l'ordi" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="True" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>System.ShutDown</cmdType>
    <cmdString />
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Eteins l'ordi</phrase>
</command>

To make a command that asks for confirmation before shutting down the computer, you can use one of the System actions, combined with "must confirm" (check the box in the LCB). In Options, you can customize the confirmation phrases and choose whether or not the confirmation message is displayed on the screen.

On peut aussi modifier/personnaliser les phrases pour confirmation dans Options > Général - Phrases de commande de confirmation
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:10:28 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)