Author Topic: VoxWav 1.6  (Read 13706 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
VoxWav 1.6
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
Behold!

I think you'll see why we skipped 1.5...

To use this properly you should also update to VoxCommando 0.962

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=888.0

Edit: attachment removed.  You can download the app from the google play store:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=jitterjames

Android app on Google Play
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:56:53 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VoxWav 1.6
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
A note about quick selecting different hosts, in case you have more than once machine running VC in your house.

On the main VoxWav Screen you can select hosts from the menu.  When a host is selected the wav file will be sent to that host.  Currently this is only possible by creating a folder on your android using your computer called jittersoft and place the file there named "hosts.txt"

As seen from my computer the path is:
Computer\Acer Iconia Tab A510\Internal Storage\jittersoft\hosts.txt

As seen from my android using "ES File Explorer" the path is
/sdcard/jittersoft/hosts.txt

hosts.txt can contain all your computer wavwatch shares with username and path etc.  see the sample file attached.

the name before the equals will be shown in the menu.

A line in hosts.txt look like this: I7=smb://james:mypwd@i7/wavwatch

Code: [Select]
I7      =smb://  james : mypwd @i7       / wavwatch
NAME =           User   : PWD    @Host   / Share + optional path

We will add a way to create this file automatically later...

I've attached a sample hosts file for you.

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 08:57:43 AM »
I have no TTS on my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3

Using VoxWav 1.6 and VC 0.962

TTS in VoxWav Settings is activated.

Or am I doing something wrong?   ::confused

Siutsch.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »
I don't know.  Are you getting OSD popups on VoxWav ?

Note that the OSD and TTS should both be echoing whatever your actions in VoxCommando are doing.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 09:38:37 AM »
Currently VW is just trying to initialize TTS using English.  Maybe that is the problem?  I know it works fine for Kalle though.  I don't know if he did something special to make it work.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:52:29 AM by jitterjames »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 10:22:36 AM »
I only geht the Statinfo in green or red.

Don't know how OSD looks like.

TTS don't work.
I use german TTS on my S2.

Siutsch.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »
I only geht the Statinfo in green or red.

Don't know how OSD looks like.

TTS don't work.
I use german TTS on my S2.

Siutsch.
Hi Marc, geht auch in deutsch - Frage: Ist dein HTPC im Netzwerk per Kabel oder WiFi verbunden?

Kann auch an folgendem liegen:
Galaxy S2: Einstellungen ->Sprache und Eingabe -> Text-zu-Sprache-Ausgabe ->Fahrzeugmodus -> Haken setzen

Probiere es mal aus, es funktioniert bei mir perfekt (Voraussetzung ist das Du in VC in einem Befehl mit "TTS.Speak" hast  ;)
Hilfreich für VoxWav: Nutze in Windows für Deutsch am besten das Standard-Sprachprofil
In VC musst Du noch "Show OSD Alternates" einschalten (Option Menü)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:59:45 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »
James, I just tried VW 1.6 with the previous version of VC (I was too excited after seeing the dynamic command phrase buttons in the new VW and didn't have the patience to download VC 962  ;D) and tried a few commands via the dynamically created buttons. This is just awesome! Exactly what I wanted!

I hope there is no limit to the number of commands you can add to the Phrases screen (or at least it is very large/configurable)

Why is the recognition count displayed beside each button? Just curious.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 11:49:29 AM »
James, I just tried VW 1.6 with the previous version of VC (I was too excited after seeing the dynamic command phrase buttons in the new VW and didn't have the patience to download VC 962  ;D) and tried a few commands via the dynamically created buttons. This is just awesome! Exactly what I wanted!

I hope there is no limit to the number of commands you can add to the Phrases screen (or at least it is very large/configurable)

Why is the recognition count displayed beside each button? Just curious.

You will get a lot more when you install 0.962 as well.  Things that you will probably only get after upgrading are:
"OSD echo"
"TTS echo"
Alternates popup buttons
Confirmation popup buttons (for commands that require confirm)

When I say "echo" I mean that any speech or OSD.ShowText will be sent to VoxWav automatically.  These features need to be enabled in the VoxWav application settings menu.

There is no technical limit to the number of phrases that will be stored although there may be a practical one in terms of memory/speed.  The count is there in the phrases so you can sort alphabetically or by the most frequently used commands (highest count).  There will of course be much fine tuning required in the app.  At some point I would like to be able to create editable favourites with easy to access buttons.  I will probably add additional data as well, like last used, and maybe allow custom icons etc. at some point.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 12:10:10 PM »
You will get a lot more when you install 0.962 as well.  Things that you will probably only get after upgrading are:
"OSD echo"
"TTS echo"
Alternates popup buttons
Confirmation popup buttons (for commands that require confirm)

When I say "echo" I mean that any speech or OSD.ShowText will be sent to VoxWav automatically.  These features need to be enabled in the VoxWav application settings menu.

Yes, will try it as soon as my wife gives up the HTPC  :)

Quote from: jitterjames
There is no technical limit to the number of phrases that will be stored although there may be a practical one in terms of memory/speed.

Okay, I was just wondering if you had imposed a limit due to the practical constraints.

The count is there in the phrases so you can sort alphabetically or by the most frequently used commands (highest count).

Yes, but I think you could just hide the actual display of these numbers, saving some screen space. What do you think?

... I would like to be able to create editable favourites with easy to access buttons.  I will probably add additional data as well, like last used, and maybe allow custom icons etc.

That would be great!

at some point.
Understood.  ::bow

A suggestion for the future -
I'm sure you've thought of this. The current one-phrase-button-per-line wastes a lot of screen real estate on larger screen devices like the Galaxy Tab 10.1. You could make the button layout to be as multiple columns, the number of columns being user-configurable (within practical constraints, ofcourse). So I might choose 2 columns of phrase buttons for the Galaxy S2 phone, while 5 columns for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I can then see as many as 75 buttons on the Tablet's screen at once! A super remote controller  :)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:24:58 PM by ajith »

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »
I have no TTS on my Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.3

TTS didn't work in VW for me too, at first. This, on my S2 running Android 4.1.1, "Resurrection Remix" 3.0.1.
So I tried the "Listen to an example" item under System Settings --> Language and Input --> Text-to-speech output . That didn't play anything! Next I changed the Language to English-UK from the default English-US under System Settings --> Language and Input --> Text-to-speech output --> Google TTS --> Settings. Still nothing. Then I changed the TTS Engine to the alternative available in my device: "Pico TTS" (default Language: English-US). This too didn't work. As a last option, I switched the Language again to English-UK under  System Settings --> Language and Input --> Text-to-speech output --> Pico TTS --> Settings. This time, TTS worked in both  "Listen to an example" as well as VW  :)

So it looks like some bug in the device itself, rather than in VW.

Note: TTS worked straightaway, with the default settings on my Galaxy Tab 10.1.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 02:06:04 PM »
thanks for the info!

I'll have to see about expanding the TTS capabilities wrt languages in the next version.

ajith

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 01:34:25 AM »
James,

A suggestion -
Presently, once the list of phrase-buttons grows to more than 3 screen-full, it takes a while to locate a command with all the scrolling. So would you consider categorizing the phrase-buttons as they get added, into the same "Groups" the corresponding commands were in, in VC? This could be similar to the "VC Tree Editor" view. This will make the phrase-buttons more easily locatable.

Edit: And, a free text search feature for searching the phrase-list would be great, too.

All in good time, ofcourse  :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:43:58 AM by ajith »

Siutsch

• $upporter
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 04:56:56 AM »
Hi Marc, geht auch in deutsch - Frage: Ist dein HTPC im Netzwerk per Kabel oder WiFi verbunden?

Kann auch an folgendem liegen:
Galaxy S2: Einstellungen ->Sprache und Eingabe -> Text-zu-Sprache-Ausgabe ->Fahrzeugmodus -> Haken setzen

Probiere es mal aus, es funktioniert bei mir perfekt (Voraussetzung ist das Du in VC in einem Befehl mit "TTS.Speak" hast  ;)
Hilfreich für VoxWav: Nutze in Windows für Deutsch am besten das Standard-Sprachprofil
In VC musst Du noch "Show OSD Alternates" einschalten (Option Menü)

Hi Kalle.

Vielen Dank.
Es lag an der fehlenden Einstellung des Fahrzeugmodus, das hatte ich nat. nicht aktiv.
Mein HTPC ist im Netz, hab Verkabelung überall im Haus.  ;)

Und dass man im Befehl in VC zus. noch ein TTS.Speak setzen muss, hatte ich nat. auch nicht auf'n Plan.

2 Fragen noch:
Hab "Zeige Alternativen im OSD" bei VC aktiviert, bekomme aber außer den grünen oder roten erkannten Befehlen
am S2 nichts weiter angezeigt.
Beim 1. Versuch, nach Aktivieren des Fahrzeugmodus hatte ich aber mal ein OSD, obwohl "Zeige Alternativen im OSD"
bei VC noch deaktiviert war.

Nutze am PC "ScanSoft Steffi_Dri40_16kHz", klappt bei Eventghost auch ganz gut, die TTS Ausgaben kommen am S2
nun aber noch in Englisch an, obwohl ich am S2 den Test in den TTS Einstellungen korrekt in deutsch bekomme und
auch in VC "ScanSoft Steffi_Dri40_16kHz" gewählt habe.

Wie bekommst Du die TTS.Speak Ausgaben denn am S2 in deutsch ausgegeben?

Danke,
Siutsch.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 05:07:36 AM »
Hi Kalle.

Vielen Dank.
Es lag an der fehlenden Einstellung des Fahrzeugmodus, das hatte ich nat. nicht aktiv.
Mein HTPC ist im Netz, hab Verkabelung überall im Haus.  ;)

Und dass man im Befehl in VC zus. noch ein TTS.Speak setzen muss, hatte ich nat. auch nicht auf'n Plan.

2 Fragen noch:
Hab "Zeige Alternativen im OSD" bei VC aktiviert, bekomme aber außer den grünen oder roten erkannten Befehlen
am S2 nichts weiter angezeigt.
Beim 1. Versuch, nach Aktivieren des Fahrzeugmodus hatte ich aber mal ein OSD, obwohl "Zeige Alternativen im OSD"
bei VC noch deaktiviert war.

Nutze am PC "ScanSoft Steffi_Dri40_16kHz", klappt bei Eventghost auch ganz gut, die TTS Ausgaben kommen am S2
nun aber noch in Englisch an, obwohl ich am S2 den Test in den TTS Einstellungen korrekt in deutsch bekomme und
auch in VC "ScanSoft Steffi_Dri40_16kHz" gewählt habe.

Wie bekommst Du die TTS.Speak Ausgaben denn am S2 in deutsch ausgegeben?

Danke,
Siutsch.

Hi Marc,
alternates bekommst Du nur angezeigt wenn mehr als eine verfügbar. Funktioniert im Zusammenspiel mit MediaMonkey bei dem Befehl "play artist XYZ".
Welche TTS-Sprache Du in VC ausgewählt hast ist egal - im S2 gibt es ein paar Einstellungen für die Sprachausgabe da müsste ich mal nachschauen, aber es es wichtig das Du nach der TTS Umstellung VoxWav komplett schließt und den Cache deines S2 löschst (RAM leeren), danach VoxWav wieder starten und am besten die Einstellung "aktiv im Background" aktivieren. Melde dich nochmal wie weit Du gekommen bist.

Gruß
Kalle

PS: Ich benutze "SVOX"-Petra in meinem S2, ist zwar nicht kostenlos aber sehr gute Stimme und Sprachausgabe (findest Du im PlayStore)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:12:25 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********