Author Topic: voxwave making vox unresponsive  (Read 2069 times)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
voxwave making vox unresponsive
« on: October 21, 2013, 06:28:34 PM »
just purchased voxwave and im having a bit of problems with it. So far everything gets sent and the voice commands are being sent properly but if i say "lights off" vox becomes unresposive for about 20-30 seconds and then the command finally goes through. There are times when it will work instantly but a lot of times it hangs up for a long time and then it finally sends the command through.

this is with any command itsa mix sometimes commands just go right through just fine then sometimes the commands will freeze up for a while
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:44:24 PM by IKROWNI »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: voxwave making vox unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:01:30 PM »
It is a problem with the TCPplugin and fixed in the new VC version which you can download here.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1228.0
***********  get excited and make things  **********

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 07:25:31 PM »
It's true that there was a temporary bug, as reported here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1223.msg10462#msg10462.

But IKROWNI's symptoms sound different than the ones we were experiencing, and I'm not sure it's the same thing (though you could try upgrading to the latest version just in case).

IKROWNI:

1. Can you please specify what version of VC you're using?
2. When you say that you just purchased VoxWav, were you previously using VoxWav Free without problems?
3. Can you please post a log so that we can see what is happening in VC? http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

4. Is VoxWav the only device listening to commands, or could another mic in the room also be trying to listen?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:27:59 PM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 04:14:01 PM »
well heck it seems that upgrading to the latest version fixed the problems i was having everything very resposive now. All commands are given with over 95% accuracy everytime better than any other mics i have tried so far. Another great addition to vox from the master of voice james.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 05:47:15 PM »
YAY.  That's great to hear.  Thanks for the update.  :yay