Author Topic: Kinect 360  (Read 25287 times)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Kinect 360
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 06:24:41 AM »
Maybe you are have a different Kinect model ::hmm

"Kinect Models

As of 12/14/2013, there exist four different models of the Kinect:
The original Kinect-for-Xbox, released in November 2010, with model number 1414. Until version 2.8 of the Kinect package, this was the only supported Kinect model.
The new Kinect-for-Xbox, model number 1473. This was an upgrade to make the Kinect-for-Xbox compatible with the then-new Kinect-for-Windows. First supported in Kinect package version 2.8.
The Kinect-for-Windows, model number 1517. First supported in Kinect package version 2.8.
The Kinect 2.0, released together with the Xbox One in November 2013. Not yet supported by the Kinect package.
The main difference between models 1414 on the one hand, and models 1473 and 1517 on the other hand, is the arrangement of the Kinect's sub-devices (camera, microphone array, tilt motor, internal USB hub). In model 1414, the camera was the "main" device, and had the Kinect's serial number attached to it. In models 1473 and 1517, the serial number is now attached to the microphone device, and the camera device's serial number is bogus."

copied from this link: http://idav.ucdavis.edu/~okreylos/ResDev/Kinect/MainPage.html
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 09:45:29 AM »
I have a 1414.  I bought it new.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 06:45:42 PM »
I have a white one model 1473
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »
To all of you using a kinect how do you get around the sound from music or a movie interfering? For example if I am watching a movie via xbmc the OSD keeps popping up. Of course no commands are triggered because I have prefix mode on. Still annoying though to have it pop up every few seconds.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
Uncheck "Show OSD on Command" in Options.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2014, 10:08:58 PM »
If you have version two you might want to use this:  http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options#Only_show_OSD.2FAlternates_if_command_is_executed
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:17:38 PM by jitterjames »

pmdaniels73

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 12:11:59 AM »
Thanks James and Naomi. Much appreciated.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 06:10:13 AM »
Yes, to run two or more instances of VC, create for both a link on the desktop. Go to properties and put at the end of the target -new
You can use for both different settings - in this way I use english for music/video and german for home automation.

see example picture

Thanks kalle ... Just saw you post today ... Will give it a try on the weekend

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 12:13:20 PM »
Thanks kalle ... Just saw you post today ... Will give it a try on the weekend

The command line documentation on our wiki needs a bit more fleshing out, but you may still be interested in this link: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Command_line
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 07:46:56 AM »
I have done more testing with kinect audio stream ... It is really good most of the time I get 90% confidence ...very comparable to my normal setup.
However, In my case, I need noise gate since I live close to the street and railway ...
I do not know if kinect has such functionality ... In normal setup, I have a noise gate with different bands, then equilizer, then AGC applied to kinect mic then passed to VC

I hope I will be able to use the beam angle event without using audio stream

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 08:14:32 AM »
However, In my case, I need noise gate since I live close to the street and railway ...
I do not know if kinect has such functionality ...
What you see is what you get.  You should enable AEC (maybe) and disable AGC (almost certainly).  If that is not good enough then you need to stick with your existing setup.

If you use AGC with Kinect it will make it more likely to pick up background sounds when you are not speaking.

Also you should verify that your Kinect input level is less than 10%.

Either way you will of course still need to use prefix/standby mode.

I hope I will be able to use the beam angle event without using audio stream
You won't. Not unless you create a separate program to track it and send events.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 09:31:49 AM »
Haddood, can you please try the Kinect again with the alpha I just uploaded:

Version 2.104. It's on the download page.

There was a bug that may have prevented proper kinect audio streaming.  I've also enabled the beam angle events.

If it doesn't work well please post a log.

Note that I think you must do a full restart after enabling beam events in options.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 10:42:17 AM »
But instead of beam angle events, I think I might include an action that returns the last known beam angle.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 03:50:27 PM »
Haddood, can you please try the Kinect again with the alpha I just uploaded:

Version 2.104. It's on the download page.

There was a bug that may have prevented proper kinect audio streaming.  I've also enabled the beam angle events.

If it doesn't work well please post a log.

Note that I think you must do a full restart after enabling beam events in options.

I will do tonight and post back ....

But instead of beam angle events, I think I might include an action that returns the last known beam angle.

that is even better :)

by the way, just got my second kinect  8) 8) model 1473 got really a good deal on ebay ... so I should be able to test both models (2nd to go on second PC, that will take few days preparation)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 11:23:54 PM »
I installed 2.104 ... works like a charm and disabling AGC makes it even better (less false positives)...

event beam angle are generated ..... however in their current setup I don't know how to use them, due to the following issues:
  • they trigger regardless if there is a recognized command or not ...
    they trigger after the recognized command ... so it is to late to get info from them ..

I am not sure if it is doable but if they trigger before the command we can set a command that assign the angle to a variable or as you mentioned make the angle accessible via variables to be used with the actions of the recognized command

and that would leave room for further actions based on the angle. like shift the speakers balance to your side before speaking...  that would make VC amazing as it will feel it is talking to you  ::) ::) (or just mount dedicated TTS speaker on a rotating base  and have it turn towards you   8) 8)... )

anyway ... it is working great ... will keep using it for the time being and see if any issues comes ... if there is any specific testing you need let me know