Author Topic: Unusal problem with listen command  (Read 4530 times)

philby85

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Unusal problem with listen command
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:07:20 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have installed one of the Ivona trial voices. If I use this in prefix mode it works as intended, no issues. If I uncheck prefix and use the listen command, it will understand the listen command i.e. computer,start listening etc, after that it is all unrecognised by VC. I have added a TTS action to speak " Yes " after listen command and it responds ok. Using 1.183 or 1.1.85 does same thing. If I use the supplied anna voice then there is no issues with both prefix mode or listen command.

Kind regards

Phil

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Unusal problem with listen command
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:38:12 AM »
Did you restart VC after uncheck the prefix-mode? This necessary!
Far es I know, the TTS Voice has nothing to do with recognition.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

philby85

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 06:45:35 AM »
Hi Kalle,

Yes I did restart and have quite a few times. I just thought it was an unusual one. Thanks as always for your reply.

cheers

Phil

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »
Hi Phil,

Just to clarify, because I'm not quite sure I'm following. Are you saying:

1. When the supplied Anna voice is selected, VoxCommando is properly recognising voice commands in general, whether you're in standby mode and using a prefix or when you're in green listen mode and using (or not using?) a prefix, *and* when prefix mode is disabled and you're just issuing commands in green mode;

2. With the trial Ivona voice selected, VoxCommando is properly recognising voice commands in general only when you're in standby mode and using a prefix, as well as when you're in green listen mode with prefix enabled? But, suddenly, VC is not recognising any voice commands that you're saying (apart from the initial 'start listening' command that puts VC in green mode) if prefix mode is disabled?

--

If that's not right, please let me know. :) One thing I'm not clear on is whether it's working in green mode when prefix mode is checked. You can always use VC in green mode, whether or not you have prefixes enabled; and when prefix is enabled and you're in green mode, you can say your command with or without a prefix. I'm not sure from your description which of all the variations we're talking about.

Anyhow, it's definitely strange behaviour. Computers, eh? Some things you can try:

1. Purge your cache (in file menu -- see http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Menu), restart and try again. If that doesn't help, then
2. Try a clean install. That is, create a new folder and install VC again with your preferred config. Test that it is working with both voices and as you expect it to work. If so, you can copy over your previous voicecommands.xml with your customized commands.
3. If it's still behaving strangely, please enable logging (http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log) and re-create the problem as completely as possible, with both TTS voices, in green mode and standby/prefix mode, using several commands in each case. Please then let us know which commands you tried and what seemed to happen, and attach the voxLog.txt file to your post.

You're welcome to start with the last if you prefer, but it might be easiest to go with 1 & 2.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:04:43 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:09:29 AM »
I don't really see how the two things could possibly be related.  OK, you never know with computers, but I expect that it is probably just a coincidence that makes you think the TTS voice has anything to do with the recognition.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 01:27:06 PM »
I have added a TTS action to speak " Yes " after listen command and it responds ok. Using 1.183 or 1.1.85 does same thing. If I use the supplied anna voice then there is no issues with both prefix mode or listen command.

In VC options, where you set the default voice, is a "test" button and if you press this button after setting up the TTS voice Ivona, you must hear the TTS Voice speaking aloud "I seem to be working" - can you hear the voice speaking?
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 02:34:53 PM »
TTS is working... Recognition is the problem.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 02:42:22 PM »
There is really no point in trying to guess what the actual problem is here until we see a log.

philby85

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 07:15:35 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for all the replies. I have attached two log files. One with ivona, one with anna. All I changed between the two was the voice and a restart of VC. With Ivona i tried to launch xvmc. With anna I was able to launch and browse.
I think I will bite the bullet and re install windows and test. It's all good fun right ?  :biglaugh

kind regards

Phil

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »
It looks like you uploaded the same log twice.

Anyway, I don't think you need to re-install windows.  We tested the the Ivona trial voices here and it caused problems so I think you should just avoid it.

philby85

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 08:35:31 PM »
Whoops my bad. Thanks for the advice. I presume people are using the paid for version ok though.

cheers

Phil

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 09:56:36 PM »
Yes.  Several people use Ivona Brian.  I have not heard of any other problems reported by our users yet.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »
So it seemed that we had problems on a laptop with the Ivona trial voices installed.  Uninstalling the software seemed to eliminate the problem.

But I just decided to try the Ivona trial voices on my htpc and so far it is working fine.  I just though I should mention it.  If it get a change I will test on another machine later.

So for anyone reading this, it is still worth trying the trial voices if you are interested in evaluating them.  If it works, great, and if not you can just uninstall it.

Please share your experience with us.  Let us know if it works properly for you with VoxCommando or not.

philby85

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
Hi James,

I re installed windows 7 and of course VC. I purchased the brian voice from Ivona and installed it. If I use the listen command and add an action TTS speak and the word is Yes. The problem is there. I then replace it with how can I help or something else it works fine. I switched back and forth same issue on Yes as a single word. If you need anything, please ask.

regards

Phil

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 05:00:35 PM »
Sounds like the solution is to use something other than just "yes" but that certainly is bizarre.  ???

Could you please post the XML for your "pay attention" command.

Thanks.  :D