Author Topic: Best iphone app?  (Read 5670 times)

loci03

• View Profile
Best iphone app?
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »
Hello, i'm new and read some of the forums, would Mobiola Headset App still be considered the best? Or is there something better out there?

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Best iphone app?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
Hi Loci, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Headset is still the app of choice for iphone users. Are you having any issues with it?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

loci03

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:25:27 PM »
Hi Loci, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Headset is still the app of choice for iphone users. Are you having any issues with it?

Nah, just wanted to make sure before i purchase. I'm new to this all. Can't wait till I put it all together. Thanks again for your help brotha

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 03:42:30 PM »
If you have access to an Android then VoxWav would be the best choice.  As far as apps for iOs go, mobiola is the best one that we know of, but I haven't really looked into it for a while so there could be something else good out there.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »
Thanks again for your help brotha

:biglaugh  That particular brotha is actually a Sistah.  I'm sure you thought you had pretty good odds on that one.  She's probably the only one on the forum...

loci03

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
:biglaugh  That particular brotha is actually a Sistah.  I'm sure you thought you had pretty good odds on that one.  She's probably the only one on the forum...

LMAO FAIL :o ! i'm sorry about that. Yeah I usually don't fail with that one.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »
 :) No worries, it's an easy assumption to make round these here parts. Pretty sure I jump to the same conclusion when new users appear on the scene.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

johnsills1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 04:06:35 PM »
I've searched now for about 3 hours trying to find out why the only command that VoxCommando recognizes is "Ignore me".  I am from Texas, but I've seen videos on youtube of individuals who do not speak too clearly get this to work. I'm using Mobialo or however it is spelled. Nothing seems to work. I know that I have the programs set up properly because I can do a test and type in what I would say in the test box and the correct command is initiated. I'm having trouble with voice recognition. I have an Android tablet also and I installed VoxWav with similar results. Nothing works  :-[

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 04:51:26 PM »
Sounds very frustrating.

Some of my questions may sound trivial, but there are too many variables and the description does not provide all the info needed, so please bear with me while we try to sort it out.

First, it would be helpful to know whether VC is not reacting at all (as if it doesn't even know you're talking), or whether it's telling you your voice command is not recognized, or whether it's reporting a low confidence level, etc.

Usually, in these scenarios we ask that users test VC with a normal microphone first, and that they make sure Windows Speech Recognition is working before we move on to the next step. If there's some way you can borrow a mic or if you have a webcam mic you can use for now, please start with that before trying to add mobile apps to the mix.

Apart from that:

1. What version of Windows are you using. What version VC do you have installed and what configuration did you choose? (e.g. Basic, XBMC, JRiver, etc.)

2. Apart from "Ignore me", what specific voice commands are you trying to use?

3. Can you be more specific when you say that you can "do a test and type what I would say in the test box"? What test box are you referring to? (This could mean several different things.)

4. I am guessing that you are trying VoxWav Free on the Android. Did you follow all the instructions here (http://voxwav.wikispaces.com/Installation), including enabling the tcpmic plugin in VC? Did it seem as though VoxWav was connecting properly and in communication with VC? (How so?)

... You can also post a log if you like, but it may be a bit early in the game for that: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:03:43 PM by nime5ter »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
Also, in case you missed this: if you're using the Mobiola Headset app it's important to use the "music" setting and not the "voice" setting in the app.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Microphones#Mobiola_Headset

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 05:29:18 PM »
I know that I have the programs set up properly because ...
You should know that we've heard such statements many times but mostly it was not properly set up.
I can only agree with nime5ter, we need more information about your system.

Hey johnsills1 and welcome to VC-Forum  ;)

In mobiola headset is a "gear" button for settings. You can choose settings for voice and music, please try this settings first maybe this will solve your problem.
In VoxWav you will find similar settings under "Mic Input" - try also the different inputs.
If you use VoxWav for which the TcpMic plugin in VC is required, take also a look in these settings - specifically at this point: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1331.msg11476#msg11476
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:37:51 PM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 06:31:58 PM »
the only limitation I found with Mobiola headset is it allows only one device to connect at a time ...
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures