Author Topic: home security2  (Read 7142 times)

rio14

• Contributor
    • View Profile
home security2
« on: November 18, 2016, 09:58:44 PM »
hi james
i read the old subject about home security and motion detection and send message by Voxcommando.
but none has gave a solution, you said in this topic that you have a camera and you do that. can you tell me the brand and the model of your camera and the xml code. i buy a camera and im sure that will work better than i buy a camera and i discover that does not work as i want. my purpose to detect the presence of
some one and send message by VC.
i'm thinking about these 2 items below if it does the same job
1- X10 CM19A USB Wireless PC Transceiver R.F  http://www.ebay.com/itm/322313166773?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
but said that this  USB Transceiver does not work with Active Home Software.

2- and  x10 motion sensor http://www.ebay.com/itm/X10-Powerhouse-Active-Home-MS13A-Occupancy-Sensor-Motion-Detector-A4258-/142181180372?hash=item211aa8a3d4:g:97MAAOSwImRYEBTI

what do you think

thank you

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: home security2
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 03:48:35 AM »
Hi rio14,

there are a lot of IP-Cameras which have this feature (motion detect and send notification and much more).
I have a FOSCAM FI8918W with which you can detect motion and send notifications (it is a similar to James model). The camera is Wifi connected to the network.

https://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8918W-Wireless-Network-Viewing/dp/B0046710G6

I think the X10 stuff is a bit outdated.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:50:37 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 07:10:43 AM »
Do you want a WiFi video camera or are you only interested in detecting motion?

rio14

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »
hi all
i have a foscam Fi8908W and i receive notification by email, but not an instant notification by VC
and i can move it via VC

i have sricam sp012 p2p onvif camera and sricam outdoor sp013 -

what i want to do is when motion is detected i receive an instant voice notification by VC

thank you

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 12:07:47 PM »
Why didn't you say so in the first place?  Now that we know which cameras you have, maybe we can help!

With the foscam, I don't think there is any way to trigger an event in VoxCommando directly.  I think you only have two options:

1 - when motion is detected your Foscam can record video to a specific folder.  Use the watcher plugin in VoxCommando to alert you whenever a new file appears in this folder.

2 - when motion is detected your Foscam can send an email.  You would need to find a way to trigger an event in VC when an email is received.  You can find many examples of this on the forum, using python, or IFTTT (and again, the watcher plugin).

I do not really know what your options are for the Sricam because I cannot find a manual for it online (my guess is that this means Sricam is not a very good camera).  I did manage to find a page where users were complaining that the motion detection on the Sricam was no good.

The camera that I have is a TrendNet TV-IP422W however I would not recommend this camera to anyone.  It is very old now and I have found it to be quite unreliable for motion detection.  It will work for a while and then just stop and you have to go back into the settings and play around with it to get it working again.  If you want to buy a new camera you should look for one that is popular and then check the user manual to see what options are available in the motion detection menus.  Ideally you want to be able to send a message by HTTP or UDP or TCP.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 05:24:04 PM »
For more information on the Watcher plugin, see the wiki:

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Plugin_Watcher
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

rio14

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 05:45:04 PM »
OK very nice i understand. thank you

rio14

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 02:42:49 AM »
hi
i liked the option of ifttt but as long as i use it for the first time there is  a few things not clear for me

i created ifttt account i added the recipe of watcher
i created a folder in dropbox called alarm (D:\Dropbox\alarm)
i enabled watcher plugin i set up the location of folder. till now its OK

i didn't undestand when he said send email to ifttt at or to trigger@recipe.ifttt.com
when a motion is detected an email will be sent to ifttt  if i understand. so where is this email or how making this email.
 if someone give me an example i apreciate that thank you

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 07:52:56 AM »
What is your objective?

If your objective is to receive a VoxCommando notification when the camera motion detector records video (or puts photos) in a folder, you do not need to use IFTTT.

In this case, you can have your Watcher generate an event when a new camera file is created at D:\Dropbox\alarm, and that event can trigger a command in VoxCommando. (Of course, the camera footage needs to be saved to that folder.)

If you don't need to see the camera footage but only want to generate an event in VC, you can also have the Watcher automatically delete the file after it is created.

You only need to use IFTTT if you instead want to have your camera send email notifications for some reason. In that case, you need to change the settings on your camera so that it is sending the email notification to IFTTT. 

Send IFTTT an email at trigger@recipe.ifttt.com with a hashtag in the subject (e.g. #IFTTT, or #VC, or whatever you have specified in your Applet), and this will trigger the IFTTT Applet that has the same "tag".

It's been a long time since I set up my IFTTT, but I think that you will have to set up the email service in IFTTT to be associated with the same email address that you have used in the camera's SMTP settings.

IFTTT reads messages sent from your email account. Based on the subject line, it will execute the appropriate Applet/recipe.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:25:45 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

rio14

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 02:57:22 PM »
hi
i sent emails to itfff and i opened dropbox i find the emails  in folder IFTTT.
i set watcher to watch IFTTT folder (D:\Dropbox\IFTTT)
my email include this message TTS.Speak&&Hi. I'll be home in half an hour.

nothing happen in voxcommando there is no tts, do i need xml code to display message and speak
thank you

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »
Hi Rio.

Did you try reading the wiki page for the watcher plugin so that you would know how to configure watcher?

If that does not work try this:

1) paste the exact contents of the text file that IFTTT creates in your Dropbox. The contents of the file when you open it, not the name of the file

2) what is the exact path of the file created?

3) show us a screenshot of your watcher configuration.

rio14

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2016, 03:55:58 PM »
hi
you said  1) paste the exact contents of the text file that IFTTT creates in your Dropbox.
i past it where

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 04:09:49 PM »
Here.  On the forum.  In a code box. 
Code: [Select]
Like this!
Please also do the same thing for #2. (Paste the full file path of the file that is created in dropbox.)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »
Actually for #1 it is better if you attach the file to your forum post so we can look at the actual file.

rio14

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 05:04:15 PM »
D:\dropbox\IFTTT