Author Topic: Yeah, I have a Voice Tracker™ Array Microphone  (Read 5749 times)

Brian

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Yeah, I have a Voice Tracker™ Array Microphone
« on: December 28, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »
But it doesn't matter how "good" they are. Open air mics pic up everything. I bought it back in the day and used One Voice Communicator with WMC. It's great when there's no background noise!

So imagine you're watching a movie and suddenly it plays some random song. It thinks you gave the command. Imagine having the crap scared out of you in the process. I simply had to stop using it.

I have ordered the Amulet remote. The on/off function seems ideal to home theater enthusiasts.

If anyone wants a video demo just let me know.

AcousticMagic

• View Profile
Re: Yeah, I have a Voice Tracker™ Array Microphone
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:00:18 PM »
I am from Acoustic Magic. We make the Voice Tracker array microphone.
As I understand it, the way to avoid spurious commands (perhaps from audio picked up from the TV) is to preface real commands with a control word.
For example, "Computer, Turn off the TV". The control word in this example is "computer". Does VoxCommando use control words?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
Hi "Acoustic Magic",

Nice to see you on our forum.

Yes.  We call it a prefix.  You can either use prefix mode, where you must "prefix" your command with a "control word", or you can switch the computer's attention on and off by giving commands such as "pay attention" and "ignore me".  We can also use events (such as holding down a button) to turn VoxCommando on and off.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:19:26 PM by jitterjames »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 08:39:59 PM »
There's actually a "blast from the past" video from VoxCommando's early development (2010) that nicely demonstrates the value of using the prefix mode:
  ;D

Prefix mode can be enabled and customized in Options: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
But it doesn't matter how "good" they are. Open air mics pic up everything. I bought it back in the day and used One Voice Communicator with WMC. It's great when there's no background noise!
If anyone wants a video demo just let me know.

Hi Brian,

I think I initially mis-read your post, but if you're offering to record a demo video of the Voice Tracker mic with VoxCommando, I'd appreciate that. I think others have asked about this in the past too.

(Also interested in what happens if you use it with prefix mode etc.)
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)