Author Topic: Version 0.936 / 0.937  (Read 9082 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Version 0.936 / 0.937
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:32:14 PM »
Here is the next version.  Including an experimental configuration for MediaPortal.  The server is not behaving so I am putting the file in my dropbox

http://db.tt/3WpMYsjz   <--0.936 (see below for 0.937)

MediaPortal users should discuss the new MediaPortal configuration here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=705.0

and the next version  0.937 is attached!  New features include:

- An updated MediaPortal plugin
- Updated MediaPortal default configuration.
- Changes to the TTS engine.
- Added option to target a single IP address when sending to EventGhost, instead of broadcasting to All machines in the LAN.
- Fixed a "start with windows" bug.
other stuff too I bet!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:45:13 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.936
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:32:37 PM »
reserved for more info:

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:16:41 PM »
Awesome, will check it out over next few days, expect lots of noob questions in the MP section :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »
Awesome, will check it out over next few days, expect lots of noob questions in the MP section :)
I do.  I also expect you all to find lots of stupid things that I did wrong!  I released it even though I know it still needs a lot of work because it seemed like a way to move forward.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:20:52 PM »
But I guess with more people using it those bugs will be found quicker

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Version 0.936 / 0.937
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »
I have a new problem with this version (0.937).
In my setup I have two audio outputs: realtek digital out that is connected to my reciver and thru wich I reproduce all my Mediaportal media. And the second just plain Speakers wich are only for TTS speech.
Now all TTS speech from voxcommando is reproduced thru digital out (when I test TTS in windows it is "normaly" reproduced thru speakers).

Second question; How can i setup VC so that on startup is automaticly set to stand by(yellow)?

Thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
yes, it seems that currently TTS will always play on the "default" windows sound device.  I will see if there is something I can do.

There are two way to have VoxCommando startup in Standby mode.

Using Events:
If you want Vox to always start in standby mode, you can add the VC.Loaded event to the standby command.  This event is generated when VC finishes loading and you can just drag it from the history window (main VC window) onto the standby command (in the command editor tree).  Or you can add it manually, as you would a new phrase etc.

Using a Command Line Parameter:
you can start VC with the command line parameter -standby but this is not possible when using "start with windows" in the options menu.  To do this you would have to create your own startup item.  Put a shortcut into: "Start > All Programs > Startup" and use the command line parameter there.

jamesst

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 12:17:32 PM »
Thank you for your replay. I'll wait for a TTS fix.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »
microsoft really dropped the ball on this one.  So annoying.  The "new and improved" c# method of calling TTS does not honor the TTS output device preferences and does not offer the option to select an output device, which means I will probably have to go back to what I was doing before (more or less) or find a whole new method.

arrrrrrrrrg!  ::yuck  It's like we are still in the dark ages with them sometimes.

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »
Hi,

I want to ask why this topic isn't in the Mediaportal section of VC?!

I am testing the new version of VC (0.937) and it's working very good.. No problems anymore with connection when launching mediaportal after starting voxcommando!

But I have a very strange other problem..

I found a good solution for the problem that running ID's with MPwifi is not always smooth.. I'm using the shortcutter plugin for Mediaportal, and let VC Send the keys..

What I did:

-I selected the "InputKeys.KeysDown" command
-Entered {CONTROL+F}

I configured the shortcutter plugin that when the keyboard is pushing Ctrl + f, I'm going to MovingPictures..

When I say now: "Browse Movies" Mediaportal is going to Movingpictures very smooth..

As long as you know the ID's it's very easy to configure a lot of different commands..

BUT THE PROBLEM:

After doing a command like this, the keyboard doesn't working properly anymore.. "Esc" is the Windows button, "Alt+Tab" doesn't work good, "Alt+F4" doesn't work anymore, so everything is meshed up..

EDIT: I found that it's because after doing a command like this, the sytem is keeping the Ctrl holding down!! Holding the windows button on the keyboard is doing the same as when you press Ctrl+Esc. So the question: Is there a way to configure VC that is will release the Ctrl key after doing the command? Than the problem is solved! :)

EDIT2: Man, I'm much to fast with posting things!! :p Also found solution for this; Add a seconds command with; "InputKeys.KeysUp" and enter key "Control" now it's releasing the Control button after doing a command.. The problem is only that it is not always working while VC sais it received the right command.. Don't know what that is yet, but will test some things..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:59:48 PM by powermarcel10 »

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
Hi,

I want to ask why this topic isn't in the Mediaportal section of VC?!

Probably because it's a general new release of the program, for everybody, not just MP users.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »
we are discussing the new version, not mediaportal.   The new TTS (and the new bug) is a 'feature' of the core VC program and does not directly relate to MediaPortal.

The question is why are you posting in this topic.  :biglaugh

If you are going to use keyboard emulation you should use keypress not keydown, since keydown leaves the key down by design.  Keyboard emulation is not always reliable though and its effectiveness varies from one system and program to the next.

Instead of using keyboard emulation and the shortcut'er plugin you should try using the updated mpwifi dll that I created since it basically uses the same call as shortcut'er.  http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=705.msg5344#msg5344

P.S. my emoticon is laghing with you not at you.  It's very easy to get off topic especially during a back and forth conversation.  That's part of why the forum is such a mess in general.

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 05:02:53 PM »
Does this version include the updated wifiplugin found below?

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=705.0

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 05:23:30 PM »
0.937 contains a mpwifi plugin that is possibly even newer  ;)

but don't confuse the VoxCommando plugin, which is in a subfolder of voxcommando...

with the modified wifiRemote plugin that I made here:  http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=705.msg5344#msg5344 which goes in a subfolder of MediaPortal
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 05:26:17 PM by jitterjames »