Author Topic: released: New MediaPortal Configuration and VoxCommando 0.936  (Read 18997 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
released: New MediaPortal Configuration and VoxCommando 0.936
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »
get it here:

http://db.tt/3WpMYsjz

This is an experimental release.  There are many things that are not working very well right now with Moving Pictures, and MP TV-Series plugins.

More information on setup, what's new, and what is working and not will follow this post.

EDIT: I have attached an updated plugin.  Unzip the two files into tour VoxCommando\plugins\MpWifi folder
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:14:53 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: released: New MediaPortal Configuration and VoxCommando 0.936
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:54:04 PM »
you should be using the latest available versions of MediaPortal and the plugins: WifiRemote, TvSeries, Moving Pictures.

MediaPortal: 1.2.2.0 --
Moving Pictures: 1.3.0.1344 -- http://code.google.com/p/moving-pictures/downloads/list
TV-Series 3.1.3.1888 --   (special use this .dll  http://db.tt/DI2pNGTe)
WifiRemote: 0.6.0.0 -- http://code.google.com/p/wifiremote/downloads/list
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:03:48 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:55:33 PM »
For those of you who were already playing with 0.921 please note:

You should install this version to a new BLANK folder and then when you start it for the first time, select the standard configuration for MediaPortal.

After that you can import custom commands that you were using in the old version.

- Note that I have changed all the MPWifi actions to the format: MpWifi.*  in stead of MpWifiRemote.*
I did this because the commands were getting too long an taking up too miuch space in the editor grids.  If you import your old commands, I think they will be automatically renamed... If not save, open the editor again, then save.  At this point it is probably a good idea to do a "File >> Purge Cache" followed by a "File Quick Restart"

- I forgot to include the keyboard emulation commands in the standard config.  If you want to use them open the editor.  On the right side click the blue planet icon to open the megaweb bin.  You should see "Keyboard Emu (local PC only)" at the top.  Drag it onto your command tree then save.  If you have a bin file with your own commands in it, be sure not to save the megaweb bin file on top of it.  (I need to change the code to avoid this likelihood).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:04:11 AM by jitterjames »

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:51:56 AM »
Ow my God!!!! This is really fantastic..

I was searching for something like this for a while, and this software does EXACTLY what I want!! Thanks a lot for making this software compatible with Mediaportal.. I'm a huge fan of Mediaportal, so this is like a huge surprise for me.. :)

But after saying this, It's time for some questions and critical notes before I decide to buy this software..

-I have to start Mediaportal first and than launch VC because else the program keeps saying; "connecting" Is this a bug that will be solved in a next release? When I run VC first I am able to give the commando; "Open Mediaportal" but I can't do anything else inside it.. I would like to see that it doesn't matter wich program will be launched first.. I want to let VC startup with windows..

-After the first time I installed this software I was not able to give keyboard emu's.. When I go to "Groups" and activate the "Keyboard emu (local PC only)" the program did recognized my commants like "Go up" but it deactivate the program immediately (goes to red state). What I had to do was to go to "Edit" and Enable "Keyboard emu (local PC only)". What's the reason for this?

-I was wondering if there is a way to learn the program my Dutch commandos.. I now I can set the "learn" button in the configuration, but I have no idea what it does exactly..

-Is there a way to add comments yourself? I am now able to open movingpictures by saying; "Browse movies" but I'm not able yet to open the music section of Mediaportal.. (I only can ask for a speific song or artist). Is there a way to learn the program when I say; "Open music" or what ever it opens it?

-What are the functions you want to implantate soon.. Support for Onlinevideo's? YouTube.fm? Extensionsplugin? Etc..? Please let me know!!

Ow and what I like to say, I'm using a very cheap microphone that was included with my motherboard.. But it's working very good! A tip to anyone: If you set the volume in the configuration of your microphone a bit higher (it's default at 0, so set it to 15% by example) it's working a lot better.. Also when the microphone is a couple of meters away!

Thanks!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »
Hi powermarcel10, welcome to VC-Forum. I think James will you answer all questions. If you click on the Wiki button above, you can find some answers to your questions. There is a tutorial for VC in English and German.

Kalle
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 10:42:37 AM »
Welcome powermarcel10,

I appreciate your enthusiasm. :)

-I have to start Mediaportal first and than launch VC because else the program keeps saying; "connecting" Is this a bug that will be solved in a next release? When I run VC first I am able to give the commando; "Open Mediaportal" but I can't do anything else inside it.. I would like to see that it doesn't matter wich program will be launched first.. I want to let VC startup with windows..
Yes this is a bug, but the solution is not yet obvious to me.  I am working on it.  It is at or near the top of my list of priorities.  For now, in case it makes life a bit easier you can use File >

-After the first time I installed this software I was not able to give keyboard emu's.. When I go to "Groups" and activate the "Keyboard emu (local PC only)" the program did recognized my commants like "Go up" but it deactivate the program immediately (goes to red state). What I had to do was to go to "Edit" and Enable "Keyboard emu (local PC only)". What's the reason for this?
I'm confused by this.  What version are you using?  In the latest test (version 0.936) the standard configuration for MediaPortal does not include Keyboard emulation commands at all.

the learn button helps WSR to adapt to your voice whenever it recognizes a command.  If you want to create your own custom commands in your own language you need to edit the command tree.  There is no engine available for Dutch, but you can use the english engine and spell dutch commands phonetically and it will probably work OK.

Please look at the wiki.  In particular there is a section on other languages that may be of interest to you: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Languages

My first priority is to get the existing stuff working well.  Then I will look at other features / plugins in MediaPortal
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:45:04 AM by jitterjames »

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »
Hi jitterjames,

thank you for your warm welcome..

-About the keyboard thing; my mistake.. I have added it myself from the original VC into the voicecommands.xml file for the compiled Mediaportal version because I saw that it was missing.. After doing that I had to go into the settings menu en enabled it from there.. Everything is working.. May I ask why you didn't included those keyboard commands allready?

-Ontorher thing I want to report is that when I launch this version (0.936) it's in red state by default (so I have to select the green one myself..) With the original version of VC (0.921) It's automaticly green, like it should be I think.. Is this a bug?

-About the rest of my questions, I will focus on the Wiki.. I'm sory, I had to do that first.. It was my enthousiasm that overruled me a bit and I would have those answers asap, hihi.. Thanks for the answers so far..

You will hear soon from me again!

EDIT: You said: "If you want to create your own custom commands in your own language you need to edit the command tree.  There is no engine available for Dutch, but you can use the english engine and spell dutch commands phonetically and it will probably work OK."

So you mean it will only allow me to spell things? Like "G-A N-A-A-R F-I-L-M-S" What means; "Browse movies"? I would like to see an option where you can set a commando to the things you say.. So you can learn the program than when I say: "Ga naar films" he knows that he has to do the same thing as for; "Browse movies"

But this is not possible?

Another question about this: How do I change the command tree?

This is not a big problem btw, but I was wonderging how it works.. English is not a problem for me.. (well, those short commandos than :p )

EDIT 2: When I say; "Browse movies" it always go to Movingpictures in List view, well it's default in Coverflow mode.. Is there a way to change this?

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:48:53 PM by powermarcel10 »

shango

• $upporter
  • No English flag :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 12:42:53 PM »

WifiRemote: 0.6.0.0

Is this correct? I believe the latest is still 0.5, cant find a 0.6 on the forum or in the plugin installer

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
Is this correct? I believe the latest is still 0.5, cant find a 0.6 on the forum or in the plugin installer

Yes It's right, you can download the newest version at here: http://code.google.com/p/wifiremote/downloads/list

I don't know why it is not added yet to the MPE installer..

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 12:56:19 PM »

-About the keyboard thing; my mistake.. I have added it myself from the original VC into the voicecommands.xml file for the compiled Mediaportal version because I saw that it was missing.. After doing that I had to go into the settings menu en enabled it from there.. Everything is working.. May I ask why you didn't included those keyboard commands allready?
just an oversight.  I did a million different thing in the last week to the program code, the plugin code, the configuration, documentation, testing etc...  a few things slipped by.  The standard config will be cleaned up as we go forward.  There are two types of users for MP, ones who use VC on the same computer (keyboard emu will work for them) and those who use VC on a different machine from MediaPortal - they would need to use different commands for arrows and scrolling.  Only one type can have the default config that suits them, and the other will need to make some minor adjustments.

-Ontorher thing I want to report is that when I launch this version (0.936) it's in red state by default (so I have to select the green one myself..) With the original version of VC (0.921) It's automaticly green, like it should be I think.. Is this a bug?
it's not a bug, but it should not be part of the final configuration. It's something I left in by mistake from my testing and editing setup.  The "VC.Loaded" is assigned to the "Vox Off" command.  You just need to delete the event from the command.

-About the rest of my questions, I will focus on the Wiki.. I'm sory, I had to do that first.. It was my enthousiasm that overruled me a bit and I would have those answers asap, hihi.. Thanks for the answers so far...
understandable.  no problem.  :D

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
Yes It's right, you can download the newest version at here: http://code.google.com/p/wifiremote/downloads/list

I don't know why it is not added yet to the MPE installer..

Thanks, I should have looked there  :bonk

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »
So you mean it will only allow me to spell things? Like "G-A N-A-A-R F-I-L-M-S" What means; "Browse movies"? I would like to see an option where you can set a commando to the things you say.. So you can learn the program than when I say: "Ga naar films" he knows that he has to do the same thing as for; "Browse movies"

But this is not possible?

Another question about this: How do I change the command tree?

please read the wiki first.  No you cannot create commands by speaking, and no I will not be adding this functionality.

powermarcel10

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 01:08:36 PM »
Allright jitterjames,

I understand.. I thought that the keyboard emu was maybe missing because it had some stability issues in combination with Mediaportal or what ever.. I was happy I could add it by myself because it's very usefull to control Mediaportal and it works great..

I deleted "VC.Loaded" and now it's listen to me at startup.. Thanks! :)

I also did some research on wikipedia about the "phonetically commands" I think that's a hard job and really don't know how to configure that at this moment.. So that's something for later maybe..

Are all english words availible to add at this moment for Phrases? I have add "go to movies" as an alternative for "browse movies" and that works great..

Are you or other developars of VC planning a Dutch engine for the future?

EDIT: I just readed the wiki and I understand.. 

shango

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 01:25:26 PM »
Dont seem to be able to get this one working at the moment, the move up, down, left, right commands work but all the others (select, browse movies etc.) the woman returns with "connecting" the commands are recognised in vox though and it says wifi.command.ok in the history log.

I'm guessing it is connected to wifi remote since the navigation works, is there something else that should be connected?

Not sure if it was needed in this version but i tried the set up guide from the previous version post, building grammers etc but still the same.

EDIT

Oddly its working now. not sure what that was  :-\
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:34:14 PM by shango »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 01:38:35 PM »
with the current version you need to have MP running first.  If you have connection problems, restart VC and it should connect right away.

I'm working on a fix for that. Sorry.