Author Topic: Noob looking for basic Windows navigation  (Read 3803 times)

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Noob looking for basic Windows navigation
« on: November 30, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
Installed vc couple of weeks back & am slowly going through it all, not the easiest of progs to get to grips with but worth the effort.
I was / am surprised it doesn't come with any basic windows navigation scripts.
Open / close folders, play / pause videos, enter urls, etc.
Or am I missing something?

I know all these commands can be built but are there any scripts I can download, I have looked all over this forum but found nothing?

Appreciate any links.

Great software, am gonna spend time working on this as accuracy, using a snowball usb mic, win 7, is pretty darn brilliant.
Chances are I've searched the forum, searched the wiki & scoured You Tube but I'm just to thick to work it out without help!

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Noob looking for basic Windows navigation
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 03:41:38 PM »
here's a link to a command that shows you how to open folders with VC
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2338.msg20179#msg20179

here is a post talking about ways to launch a url
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=2188.msg18944#msg18944

as for the play pause that will depend on what program you are using to play media so you would have to search the forum for what program you are using

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 03:50:02 PM »
Thanks for the links.
Unfortunately I didn't follow the folders link, not sure what it was trying to achieve...
I know how to make VC open a folder, if I create a command for each particular folder, but using this on a media pc with all my tv shows in directories, is there a way to say "Open Doctor Who" or Open Films without a specific command set up for either?

Chances are I've searched the forum, searched the wiki & scoured You Tube but I'm just to thick to work it out without help!

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 03:53:48 PM »
Also, is&&  there a way to move up, down, left or right a specific number of times for navigation purposes.
I have created a command that moves one step at a time, but do I need to create a separate command for each incremental move or can I just say&&  Go Right (followed by a number)
&&
Phew..

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 04:00:48 PM »
for both questions you will want to use payloads,

Payloads
http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Payloads

VoxCommando Tutorial 1A Editing and Building Commands:

using these links should give you a good starting point

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 04:54:40 PM »
Also, is&&  there a way to move up, down, left or right a specific number of times for navigation purposes.

I think this is included in most of the standard configurations, but here it is again:
This command uses the 4directions.xml which should already be in your payloads folder.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.1.0-->
<command id="674" name="jump,move,go &lt;direction&gt; &lt;#&gt;" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>InputKeys.Send</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>vk:{1}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>{2}</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>jump,move,go</phrase>
  <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">payloads\4directions.xml</payloadFromXML>
  <payloadRange>1,20</payloadRange>
</command>

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 12:57:28 AM »
Thanks for the pointer re 4direction.

I did have it in my payload folder, er now what?

I opened it in Payload XLM Editor. I tried to save it but nothing happened when I clicked save.
I then created a go right command, added Payload from XLM into the command, browsed to the 4directions file, but er now what.
Are there any tutorials on this I can follow?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 06:51:25 AM »
Tutorials:
http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?board=19.0

You don't need to do anything with the payload xml file it just needs to be there. I gave you xml for a command. All you need to do is copy and paste it into your command tree. Then save and start using the command.

http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:55:46 AM by jitterjames »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 08:55:25 AM »
Once you've learned the basics of using VC and copying and sharing your commands, here is a complete command group for navigating up/down/left/right etc.

This is included in some of the standard configurations, but does not appear to be in the Basic configuration anymore. We'll look into it when we have a chance.

<!--VoxCommando 2.2.0.7-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="Keyboard Emulation (local PC only)" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="50" name="Move,go &lt;direction&gt; &lt;#&gt;" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>{2}</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Move, Go</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">payloads\4directions.xml</payloadFromXML>
    <payloadRange>1,20</payloadRange>
  </command>
  <command id="69" name="Move, go" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Move, Go</phrase>
    <payloadList>up,down,left,right</payloadList>
  </command>
  <command id="74" name="Scroll" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="True" loopDelay="300" loopMax="50" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Scroll</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="81" name="Scroll {1} fast" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="True" loopDelay="100" loopMax="50" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Scroll</phrase>
    <phrase>fast</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="67" name="Scroll {1} slow" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="True" loopDelay="800" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Scroll</phrase>
    <phrase>slow</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="189" name="Select" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>{enter}</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Select</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 10:26:07 PM »
Soz, still not getting this 4directions.xml

First off I am trying to get it so I can say "Up 5" or "Up 9" etc

So I have an Up command, with a phrase of "Up" & the payload 4.directions.xml
I also have an {UP} action via inputkeys.send. But I get nothing???
Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

<!--VoxCommando 2.2.0.9-->
<command id="397" name="Up" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>{UP}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Up</phrase>
</command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 08:20:59 AM »
Maybe you should use and then attempt to understand the working commands that we provided to you.

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 07:12:37 PM »
Sorry JitterJames, what do you mean?

I have so far got VC controlling my media PC quite nicely but as I dig deeper into this software I find it harder to work out how all the different pieces fit together...

Trying to get VC to control up / down / left / right the specified number of times.

(Currently I use a go up / down etc basic command which just moves once each time.)

With the command below, nothing happens at all if I say "Up" or "Up 4" or "Up 6" etc?

With regards to the software. I love it but am struggling with the lack of tutorials, just sayin'!  ;)

<!--VoxCommando 2.2.0.9-->
<command id="397" name="Up" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <params>
      <param>{UP}</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Up</phrase>
</command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 09:42:42 PM »
In this very thread, I have provided you with complete finished, and working xml for doing exactly what you want.  Nime5ter has also provided you with even more commands to do what you want.  Maybe you can reread this thread from the beginning and pay a bit closer attention.  You keep trying to create commands to do it but you don't need to because we already provided the commands to you.  I don't know how else we can help you.  If you don't want to use the working commands that we provided for you and you prefer to create the commands yourself, then you will need to learn how to use the program by reading the wiki and following the tutorials.  Even better, look at the commands that we have already created and try to understand how they work.  We have provided tons of information to help you learn the program.  A lack of tutorials?  No.  That is certainly not the problem here.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:48:18 PM by jitterjames »

SteveB69

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
Sorry didn't mean to get your back up, just frustration my end as this is great software but a bit of a learning curve for some. (Well me)
Anyway it seems I may have an issue with VC or Win 10 as it won't allow me to drag & drop xml files on it, which could be causing my problems??

I've given more detail on one of the other topics you've been commenting on.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 11:06:09 PM »
The commands we provided you in this thread are xml text which you copy and paste so you don't need to be able to drag and drop anything in order to use them.