Author Topic: welcoming greet  (Read 2822 times)

Craigoh

• View Profile
welcoming greet
« on: July 31, 2014, 11:31:22 AM »
Hi guys does anyone know how i get VC to say a greeting from a triggered sensor? any help always appreciated.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: welcoming greet
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »

Craigoh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:53:18 PM »
Thank you kind Sir :-)

Craigoh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:16:38 AM »
sorry to be a pain, was watching the video and taking the following steps how ever when selecting the action from the history which they had a device on ( with a green cog) mine however is a square box with the number 9 ( Vera1.Device 5.tripped)
i have selected the show events in the options but mine is different.Is there a way to select the device manually? i know the device ID number is 5.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:45 AM »
If you mean the icon in the history window with the number 9, then it is only a placeholder for a event and is always the same for each event - so the text beside show you the correct info "Device 5 is tripped". Yes you can also switch a device manually. To test it, you can switch the device on/off in the Vera web UI and look in the VC history if the event was fired.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Craigoh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 08:10:34 AM »
when watching the tutorial there was a event that said device 54 on.Mine only says Vera1.Device tripped, and cannot drag the action into the LCB if i try dragging the command into the LCB i get a error.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 08:43:50 AM »
You need to watch the video again, and pay closer attention.

You should receive an event that says, "Vera1.Device.5.Tripped" in the history panel when you trigger that device. You are clearly seeing such an event, because you mentioned it already in your post above. That is the event you should be dragging into your command tree.

The icon next to it will look like a calendar with the number 9 in it. All events look like this (as Kalle says). The icon is just a picture -- the 9 doesn't mean anything. What's important is the text next to it.

Nowhere in the video are you told to drag a green cog. We drag the calendar icon -- ie. the event. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Events

Nowhere in the video are you told to drag the event into the LCB (macro builder). You should drag the event onto a command in your command tree.

This is demonstrated in the video that jitterjames linked to, and also in the"Voice Control Vera Home Automation" video: Here is the exact point of that video where the same thing is demonstrated:
&feature=youtu.be&t=15m20s

The only difference in what you are seeing compared to the videos, is that the event now says "Vera1.Device.5.Tripped" instead of just "Device.#.On". That is because the Vera plugin has been developed further since those videos were recorded, but it is not relevant. When you see the event for the device you are interested in, use it.

If you are watching the videos on a small screen such as your phone, it would be better to watch it full screen on a larger monitor as you seem to be having difficulty seeing what is actually happening in the video.

See also: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Customizing_Commands

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:09:50 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Craigoh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 09:41:32 AM »
thanks for the reply and your help.My apologies, once i watched it again, i seen the error in my ways.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 02:56:13 PM »
You're welcome.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)