Author Topic: Domoticz Home Automation and VC  (Read 15026 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Domoticz Home Automation and VC
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 11:07:23 AM »
Thank you so much for all your help and hopefully you would not be bothered with all the questions that will be coming your way :D.
Feel free to join our community.  There is a notice there about an upcoming hangout if you would like to join us and ask questions in person

https://plus.google.com/communities/114617052029490561887

Everyone is welcome, but I am mentioning it to you since you are probably too new to have seen the announcement.

Nodo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 11:24:30 AM »

That's weird.  I wonder what you are doing differently.  Obviously you would need a variable for each.

Regarding keeping a map with both username and password, here is the code I was using:

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="1164" name="Set/Update Devices" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>Scrape</cmdType>
    <cmdString>http://{M:LightsMap.url}/json.htm?type=devices&amp;filter=light&amp;used=true&amp;order=Name&amp;&amp;{M:LightsMap.un}&amp;&amp;{M:LightsMap.pwd}</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
</command>

and here is an image of the map editor with the map itself opened, I think I should mention that I dragged both username and password fields to their respective rows.

Lastly, here the error I got from the VC History window:
Code: [Select]
Scrape:http://SELECT DISTINCT toValue FROM LightsMap Where fromKey LIKE 'url}/json.htm?type=devices&filter=light&used=true&order=Name&&{M:LightsMap.un}&&{M:LightsMap.pwd'

Feel free to join our community.  There is a notice there about an upcoming hangout if you would like to join us and ask questions in person

https://plus.google.com/communities/114617052029490561887

Everyone is welcome, but I am mentioning it to you since you are probably too new to have seen the announcement.

Of course I will :) .. and you are right I have not seen that announcement .. thank you so much for the friendly gesture.

Nodo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
Sorry for double posting, but I forgot to attach the image to the previous post.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
Wacky. No idea what's going on with the maps, but that's James's baby anyhow. :)

I suppose you could try reviewing your full log rather than the history log to see if it's more revealing. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Log

I doubt James will have time to look at it until later today.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Nodo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 01:13:53 PM »
Thank you nime5ter.. I totally understand and I truly appreciate your time and effort developing VC or your support here on the forum.

I attached my log file and hopefully it would by helpful.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 01:22:31 PM »
hmmm.  Looks like there might be a bug with trying to access multiple map entries within a single action.  I guess it has never come up before.  Should be fixable though.  Thanks for discovering it.

Nodo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »
hmmm.  Looks like there might be a bug with trying to access multiple map entries within a single action.  I guess it has never come up before.  Should be fixable though.  Thanks for discovering it.

Thank you for taking the time to look into it, James, and sorry for adding that to your to-do list which I assume must be huge working on Alpha/Beta version 2 of VC :).

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 10:15:48 AM »
No problem.  It's already fixed so it will be in the next release.  I prefer to know about bugs.  All that was needed was for me to add a single ? into one line of code!  :bonk

Nodo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2015, 09:42:51 AM »
James, sorry for bringing back an old topic but I thought since I want to mention a potential bug, I should not post that in a topic of its own :). I only am mentioning this point since you kindly let me know before that you prefer to know about bugs.

Also, since this topic was about Maps, I hope I am not off topic.

The thing is, when I try to add subset matching when using Map.ExportPayloadXML, I noticed something weird. subset matching only works if and only if "key>>value" is set to "true".

Is there something I am doing wrong, or is this indeed a bug ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2015, 11:50:07 AM »
Yes it seems to be a bug.  Thanks for pointing it out.  It should be fixed in the next release.