Author Topic: More Small confirmation message  (Read 4770 times)

albertpujol

• View Profile
More Small confirmation message
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »
To avoid that voice command interrups when i m viewing a film, when i start playing a video, i put in standby mode except for one command (alway on) with confirmation , this way work more or less fine, but sometimes for movie film the action is launched and ask for confirmation in the middle of the screen. It will be cool if I could change the message for a little little one on the corner , or just a little bitmap or point on the corner. Or perhaps just avoid that the messages appears.
is this posible ? thank you

albertpujol

• View Profile
Re: More Small confirmation message
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:23:02 AM »
It also will be cool if a event will be triggered when a commando ask for confirmation ,this way , when voicecommando ask for confirmation I can turn on a little led , indicating that is waiting for a "go ahead". So when the computer screen off I say some command like "start music", i will now that the command is received and I must say go Ahead.

Thank you for everything!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »
To avoid that voice command interrups when i m viewing a film, when i start playing a video, i put in standby mode except for one command (alway on) with confirmation , this way work more or less fine, but sometimes for movie film the action is launched and ask for confirmation in the middle of the screen. It will be cool if I could change the message for a little little one on the corner , or just a little bitmap or point on the corner. Or perhaps just avoid that the messages appears.
Hi albertpujol, "Aways on" and "Confirm" is not the right way for your project. There are some better solutions available, here is the easy one  ;)

1. use in "options-menue" the "prefix" mode - this allow you to execute a command in "standby mode" if you speak a "prefix" followed by your "command".
example: Computer (<-prefix) "play movie xyz" (<- command)

[attachment=1]

a second solution with sound mute is here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=625.msg4750#msg4750

Kalle

PS: please take also a look in our "nice" WiKi tutorial, it can be helpful http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Options
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:47:10 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:02:26 AM »
It also will be cool if a event will be triggered when a commando ask for confirmation ,this way , when voicecommando ask for confirmation I can turn on a little led , indicating that is waiting for a "go ahead". So when the computer screen off I say some command like "start music", i will now that the command is received and I must say go Ahead.

Thank you for everything!

Here is a example group that is show you how it can be work. I think there is at the moment no way to hold down the "confim OSD text"
You can drag and drop the group direct in your "command tree" to use it.
You must also have installed the "broadcaster plugin" in eventghost

I hope it helps
Kalle
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:19:53 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 10:44:18 AM »

VoxCommando does already create an event when a confirmation is required.  You can use it however you like.  I am curious to know how you will turn on an LED light though.  What kind of hardware are you using for that?

edit: ahh, I see Kalle has already provided an example.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:47:58 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »
I will probably add an option to disable the automatic confirmation prompt so that you can use the existing events and handle it your own way.

albertpujol

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »
James, Kalle , thank you for your answers.

1- About confirmation mode :

I use it but sometimes when viewing a film , I've false positives (and if I put confidence mode higher when I say commandos It don't get it ) so to avoid that when I'm viewing a film have false positives , what I do is disable all the comandos except "pause video" , this way when I want to rewind or something first I said computer (my prefix) pause video , then when paused I active the rest of the command and so I can say rewind (or what I want) without problem) but sometimes I've false positives  (no many but some) ,to  avoid that the video stops what I do is ask for confirmation but the osd text bother in the middle of the screen ,  so if I could put a small small osd on the left corner (or turn on a led), then in case of false positive it will no disturb me , I just ask I don't confirm and after a time it'd dissapear.

2- About the led :

There is a cheap cheap way to do this , just open a old keyboard take the controler board, put some cables on the caps locks , scroll lock leds contacts and then a led on this cables  and then with evenghost , just send turn scroll lock on ,and turn scroll lock off, for executed command I just turn on 20 times caps lock and this look like a blinking led. If you want i could make some pictures of the system.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 06:20:40 PM »
thanks.  Pictures would be nice, but I probably won't be trying this :D

albertpujol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 06:01:10 AM »
:) I think that is useful if I'm playing music with the screen off :) , and for my next step (put a microphone input on the bathroom to control the sound system while showing will be really good to know if the voice controls is started

Another thing , i tried to find the names of the events that are generated when a confirmation is asked or when a order is accepted , but I couldn't find it , is a list anywhere?

Thank you.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 06:17:53 AM »
:) I think that is useful if I'm playing music with the screen off :) , and for my next step (put a microphone input on the bathroom to control the sound system while showing will be really good to know if the voice controls is started

Another thing , i tried to find the names of the events that are generated when a confirmation is asked or when a order is accepted , but I couldn't find it , is a list anywhere?

Thank you.

Hi albertpujol, you can find the events in the history window (each event has a calendar icon). You can drag and drop the event directly from the history window in your command tree.
I've attached also a command group to set the volume in xbmc. This show you how the confirm event works.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:26:41 AM by Kalle »

fishware

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 11:42:02 AM »
Nice feature! Thanks for that.
I take Kalles example,
Hi albertpujol, you can find the events in the history window (each event has a calendar icon). You can drag and drop the event directly from the history window in your command tree.
I've attached also a command group to set the volume in xbmc. This show you how the confirm event works.
and put in, every confirm.event I have. Is it possible to set/program a acustic confirmation in the optionsmenu, like visual confirmation?

see attachment for a look into the future...... ;)

Have a nice day

fishware

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2015, 12:02:36 PM »
If I understand you correctly, (which I probably don't) you want VC to play a sound any time a command is recognized and requires confirmation before executing.  So you want to play a sound at the same time that the confirmation OSD message appears.

If that is what you want, then you can do it using the event that is generated by VC.

Here is an example.  You only really need to add the one command named "play sound when confirmation required".  The other command in the group was just for my testing.

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.1.1-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="confirmmation with audio" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="315" name="i need confirmation" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="True" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>OSD.ShowText</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>thanks for confirming me</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>i need confirmation</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="316" name="play sound when confirmation required" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <if ifBlockDisabled="False" ifNot="False">
      <ifType>(A)Contains(B)</ifType>
      <ifParams>{LastEvent}&amp;&amp;Confirm.Cancel</ifParams>
      <then />
      <else>
        <action>
          <cmdType>Sound.PlayWav</cmdType>
          <params>
            <param>C:\Windows\Media\ir_begin.wav</param>
          </params>
          <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
        </action>
      </else>
    </if>
    <event>Confirm.*</event>
  </command>
</commandGroup>
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:51:10 PM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »
Hi fishware, you can do it - for example: insert a tts.speak or play.sound when a confirmation is required in the command.

Ahh damn - James was faster  >:D

fishware

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »
@Kalle@jitterjames

Thanks for your fast reply
Confirm.i need confirmation

Thats the way I do it. But for every command, that needs confirmation, it is necessary to link every confirmation in the command like

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.2.0.7-->
<command id="1082" name="confim.*" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>{LastSpoken}, are you sure?</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>0</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <action>
    <cmdType>TTS.Speak</cmdType>
    <params>
      <param>{LastSpoken}, bitte bestätigen</param>
    </params>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <event>confirm.Leinwand runter</event>
  <event>confirm.Leinwand hoch</event>
  <event>confirm.Schlafenszeit</event>
  <event>confirm.and so on</event>
</command>
In my case I want for every confirmation, an accoustic hint.

If I use Confirm.* than an infinite loop will happen. So I thought, it would be nice to announce a confirmation the same way we can do it, for the visual one over the optionmenu.
I suggest this a little bit as a featurerequest.....;)

kind regards fishware

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 12:50:46 PM »
Sorry, I meant to use an asterisk in my event name.  It will play the sound for every confirmation, and no, there is no infinite loop caused by this.  I have updated my xml above.