Author Topic: Confidence level per command  (Read 2408 times)

kromm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Confidence level per command
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
A feature I would like to see is the option to set a conifdence level (optional) on specific commands.

The Command which comes to my mind would be a VC.on Action with a lower confidence rating.
Because I would like to be able to  activate listening mode for 20 or so seconds (easily done via timeout) . And during those 20 secs. to give more than one command with the default confidence given in the options dialog. 

An alternative would be a  VC Command to alter the global confidence rating and apply it on the fly but i dont know if this is possible.  In this case i could achieve the same by setting a lower confidence in the options and by immediately raising it after the vc.on and afterwards lowering it again when returning to idle status.

Perhaps this option could also help with some commands which are harder to interpret by voxcom especially some words in german.

Prefix is not alternative here because a prefix has to be connected to another command immediatly and I would like to be able to issue more commands in a row.

Whe talked about this a while ago in another topic but since it is  a feature request ....I thought it should be mentioned in this section.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=482.msg3564#msg3564

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Confidence level per command
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:09:49 PM »
yes.  Thanks for poking me.  I have been meaning to implement both of these ideas for a while now.

One of them or possibly both will be available in the next beta. :bignod

In the case of settings options, I will release it at first with a just a few things that can be changed.  The idea will be that we can change various options from their default values, but they won't be saved so the next time we start VC they will go back to their default levels.

Each command will have a confidence setting from 0-100 but you can set it to 0 and it will use the default.

stay tuned!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »
A feature I would like to see is the option to set a conifdence level (optional) on specific commands.

The Command which comes to my mind would be a VC.on Action with a lower confidence rating.
Because I would like to be able to  activate listening mode for 20 or so seconds (easily done via timeout) . And during those 20 secs. to give more than one command with the default confidence given in the options dialog.  

An alternative would be a  VC Command to alter the global confidence rating and apply it on the fly but i dont know if this is possible.  In this case i could achieve the same by setting a lower confidence in the options and by immediately raising it after the vc.on and afterwards lowering it again when returning to idle status.

Perhaps this option could also help with some commands which are harder to interpret by voxcom especially some words in german.

Prefix is not alternative here because a prefix has to be connected to another command immediatly and I would like to be able to issue more commands in a row.

Whe talked about this a while ago in another topic but since it is  a feature request ....I thought it should be mentioned in this section.

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=482.msg3564#msg3564
Hi kromm, there is a command, but is not available in the official version. This command enables VC with the prefix in the ON mode, waiting for a command and VC switches back to standby. with this command is the system volume lowered (patialmute) when VC wait of the command and  when the command was recognized, VC set back to the previous volume (partialunmute). We call this event "ducking start" and "ducking end". This event works good for me, but it requires some adjustments. There are also restrictions on the volume reduction, when you have softmute settings in your commands, since these commands work somewhat against each other.

Kalle

I'm to slow  ;)
***********  get excited and make things  **********

kromm

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:04:40 AM »
@ jitterjames & @ kalle
thanks for your fast answers.  The solutions you both suggested sound great. Looking forward to the next Version to check them out  :)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 09:14:02 AM »
@ jitterjames & @ kalle
thanks for your fast answers.  The solutions you both suggested sound great. Looking forward to the next Version to check them out  :)
what mediaplayer do you use? MediaMonkey, XBMC, ...

Test this two commands:
1. step: insert with "open a new bin file" on the right in command tree editor

2.step: set in option-menu the idle time-out to 5 seconds

What does the commands?
When you have the prefix-mode enable and your VC is in standby mode, it does following:
When you say your prefix-command e.g. "Computer" - your mediaplayer (MM or XBMC) softmute - VC turn ON and wait for a command. When the command is recognized and executed, VC turn back  in standby and unmute your mediaplayer. If you do nothing for 5 seconds, VC go back in standby mode and unmute your mediaplayer. I use this command when the music runs in the background, so VC have a better confidence when the music is muted.

Kalle

I have tested this only with VC 0.921
The set volume command does not work correct, when you use this command, I'm not sure how can solved this  :bonk
James has fixed this in Version 0.931

You can find the new command here: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=625.msg4750#msg4750
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:47:11 AM by Kalle »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 06:36:23 PM »

The set volume command does not work correct, when you use this command, I'm not sure how can solved this  :bonk

Kalle, can you please explain more about this.  Set system volume?  When does this not work?  How can I recreate the problem so that I can see if there is something I can fix?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 06:57:32 PM »
Kalle, can you please explain more about this.  Set system volume?  When does this not work?  How can I recreate the problem so that I can see if there is something I can fix?
Yes, I have insert a unmute command in the idle-timeout event, that unmute MM or XBMC after 5 sec without a command. When you use the set volume command in MM in prefix mode, VC set the MM volume and go in stanby, after 5 sec execute the idle-timeout event and make a unmute to the old value. I hope you understand me. Test my attached commands with set volume in mediamonkey and you understand what I mean.

Kalle

A cool thing is a LogicBlockCommand like: if - "last recognized command" - MM.SetVolume (or any other command) - then - else
I do not know if this is possible  ::)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:30:09 AM by Kalle »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 03:42:53 AM »
-New function available-

Test this new command for a better confidence while music playing or loud noises in backround for MediaMonkey or XBMC

1. step: insert with "open a new bin file" on the right in command tree editor, drag and drop the command-group to the left in tree-editor.

2.step: set in option-menu the idle time-out to 5 seconds and restart VC.

What does the command?
When you have the prefix-mode enable and your VC is in standby mode, it does following:
When you say your prefix-command e.g. "Computer" - your mediaplayer (MM or XBMC) softmute - VC turn ON and wait for a command. When the command is recognized and executed, VC turn back  in standby and unmute your mediaplayer. If you do nothing for 5 seconds, VC go back in standby mode and unmute your mediaplayer. I use this command when the music play loud in background, so VC have a better confidence when the music is muted.
(for a working timeout-function, you must set in VC-Option a timeout in sec.)

Kalle

tested and works great from Version VC0.931 and higher

Thanks to James for fix the MM.softmute/unmute command
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:17:33 AM by Kalle »