Author Topic: Visual modes  (Read 1743 times)

Kuriel

• View Profile
Visual modes
« on: June 21, 2012, 03:42:14 AM »
Hi,

VC would be easier to track if it had options to always be on top, and have 2 additional modes where 1 is just a bar that displays the voice command and what listening mode it's under and the 2nd where it is just an unobtrusive icon showing what is the active listening mode which can be used with OSD. :)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Visual modes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:22:44 PM »
Hi Kuriel,

From the main VC window, on the options menu dropdown, select "show overlay".  This will create an icon overlay that shows the current listen mode of VC (red, green, or yellow) and you can drag it anywhere.  There are also actions that allow you to hide, show, or move this status icon.  It will fade to semi-transparent after a few seconds and become opaque again when the state changes.

To see the last recognized command you can minimize VC to the taskbar.  In windows 7 you can set the taskbar icons to "combine when taskbar is full" so that you can see the text.  Then of course you can have the osd pop up your recognized commands, and also alternates.

Of course the osd popups and the overlay will not be visible if you are using a program that takes over the screen in fullscreen mode.  For example, windows media center, or XBMC when in "true fullscreen" mode.

I don't think I will make a new view mode for VoxCommando, but I have been thinking about the possibility of offering the option to broadcast information about the current state, and the voice commands that are being recognized, via UDP.  People could then create their own custom OSDs exactly how they want them, and they could even be shown on other machines on the network.  Of course this would require some programming knowledge but hopefully the code could be shared for anyone who wanted to take an idea and modify it.

HJewkes

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 01:56:27 PM »
How do you set VC to minimize to the system tray?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »

HJewkes

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »
Thanks James! I assume tracking the features thread is the best way to keep up to date?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 05:33:32 PM »
subscribe to the twitter feed on the main voxcommando.com page is one way

also the official thread for new releases is here:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=721.0

I try to remember to update people that way, but for sure you can ALWAYS find the latest version here:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?board=7.0

and it will be stickied to the top of the board...

only problem is that it's a board, not a thread, and you can't subscribe to a board.  :P