Author Topic: Still nothing like this around.  (Read 118 times)

achel

• View Profile
Still nothing like this around.
« on: August 13, 2024, 02:56:47 AM »
I really do love the vox Commando, how great it is with the home automation stuff but are you working on anything with the with AI and the open source llms like faster whisper.?

I've gone more open source now after Microsoft's what they're doing to Windows. But when I have a look at some of the stuff that's being offered out there, it's so far behind what we have here

I run my system offline and use a local llm So I had to stop using vox Commando because after a year you have to Connect to the internet

I find myself using systems now that just haven't got the flexibility that voxcommando has. I hope everything's well with you, James. I was just dropped in to see how it was going
« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 09:29:40 PM by achel »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Still nothing like this around.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2024, 03:32:23 PM »
Thanks Achel.

I'm glad you still appreciate VC.  I'm not really working on developing anything new at this point and no AI. 

My life has gone in other directions and I'm doing less programming.

Also there just isn't enough interest in VC now due to the more commercial cloud based stuff.  Trying to keep up with new and changing APIs etc. is also very time consuming.

If you want to solve your offline licensing issues send me a PM and maybe I can figure something out for you.