Author Topic: Controlling my wiflights (Milight) with VC  (Read 8847 times)

Graves

• View Profile
Controlling my wiflights (Milight) with VC
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »
Well the leds turn off and on and dim. Just cant get them to change color. If i say "white"  they do as told. Nothing happens when i want to change it to a color.

Graves

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
Ok mdsh your payloads work great. Thank you so much

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »
Yes, my mistake in the payload xml I posted was that I didn't notice that the " \ " was not in the original command xml, so it needed to be in the payload xml. Ah well! Glad everything is sorted.

Thanks again, mdsh.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Graves

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 12:00:36 PM »
Does anyone know all the color commands in hex. Im trying to make it so when i say SHOWTIME my theater led strip accent lights come on. My X10 lights work just fine but im trying to get a certain color on all the led strip lights. Basically I want the strip to go from off to white, or dark blue or whatever color i want when i say the command. I tried the color hexes in the payload but it seems the light must first be white in order for it to switch to a color. Looking for a way around this. Its probably me not doing something right lol.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 12:15:44 PM »
Can you post the xml for the command you tried to create, even though it's not working, so that we can see your current approach?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 12:25:04 PM »
If you want something in between violet and royal blue, then you can use values in that range.

0x01 , 0x02 , 0x03, ... , 0x1A ,  0x1B ,... , 0x1F  

I don't think that you need to set the lights to be white, but you do need to turn the lights on before you set the colour.

You should also do as nime5ter suggests if you still need help, or even if you figure it out please post a sample of what works.

Code: [Select]
Byte2: Color Matrix Chart: (thanks Stephan Schaade, http://knx-user-forum.de http://mknx.github.io/smarthome/)

note there are more colours (0-255) in between, this color chart is just steps of 16.
    0x00 Violet
    0x10 Royal_Blue
    0x20 Baby_Blue
    0x30 Aqua
    0x40 Mint
    0x50 Seafoam_Green
    0x60 Green
    0x70 Lime_Green
    0x80 Yellow
    0x90 Yellow_Orange
    0xA0 Orange
    0xB0 Red
    0xC0 Pink
    0xD0 Fusia
    0xE0 Lilac
    0xF0 Lavendar

taken from : http://www.limitlessled.com/dev/

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Controlling my wiflights (Milight) with VC
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »
I know this is a bit older of a post, but I figured some things out with these lights and have to say they work well and thanks to all the info others have shared on these lights

I ordered mine from Limitlessled.com (RGBW starter kit took 3.5 weeks to receive)

I created a command to dim the lights in 10% intervals for group one, being that there API says it jumps by 3.6% I rounded to the closest 10 for this command, because who wants to remember 21% 25% 29%.....

Mighlight
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.0.1.0-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="Mighlight " enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="359" name="Dim Lights to {1} (10% jumps)" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>TCP.UDP.SendMixed</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>\x45\x00\x55</param>
        <param>8899</param>
        <param>192.168.1.240</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>VC.Pause</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>100</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>\x4E\{1}\x55</param>
        <param>8899</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>Dim Lights to, set lights</phrase>
    <payloadFromXML phraseOnly="False" use2partPhrase="False" phraseConnector="by" Phrase2wildcard="anyone" optional="False">payloads\MILIGHTDIM.xml</payloadFromXML>
    <phrase optional="true">percent</phrase>
  </command>
  <command id="279" name="Disco" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>\x45\x00\x55</param>
        <param>8899</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>2</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <cmdType>VC.Pause</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>100</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <action>
      <params>
        <param>\x4D\x00\x55</param>
        <param>8899</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>4</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
    <phrase>lets get the party started, Disco Mode</phrase>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

Payload for dimming the lights are attached

I also found that when setting Disco Mode if you have the disco Action trigger more then once it will change the type of disco pattern and increase the speed, the Command in the group above triggers 4 times and makes the lights pulse faster then sending the action once

I Also had a ?
is there any way to get the state (On/Off) of the light with VC
I'm wanting a command that will toggle lights
Off if On / On if Off

Thanks

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »
Based on the info you just linked to, there is no way to query the bridge for info of any kind.

So if you want to know the status of the lights you will need to store it in a variable or a map table.

What about if the lights are changed by another program? Yes this is a problem. If you are ambitious maybe you can create a UDP listener to keep track of what is being sent to the bridge.

Toggle obviously requires knowing the state of the light. After that it's a simple logic block.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 04:55:51 PM »
So if you want to know the status of the lights you will need to store it in a variable or a map table.

I didn't see anything about it in the API page but i thought i would check since i don't know much about using tcp,
I'll use a map table since vox will be the only software controlling it, the light switch is the only other variable 

ill just make sure that all light commands go to my main Voxcommando so i know that the map stays correct

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:02:55 PM by PegLegTV »