Author Topic: Enable to Start  (Read 2142 times)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Enable to Start
« on: December 04, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
So I'm getting this error:

unable to start engine - problem with cultures
System.ArgumentException: No recognizer of the required ID found.

Looking at all my Vox settings it looks correct. Speech and Display Language: en-US . Check my computer language settings and English(United States) - US. Not sure what i'm doing wrong

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Enable to Start
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
When did you get this error ( after a new install of VC, which version of VC ...). Which changes did you make before you see the error first? What did VC do when you click on one of the buttons in the error window (like ok, cancel,...)?
There are many possibilities.

Did you check all these things http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Languages ?

You can try also reinstalling VC over the current version - or a new install in a other folder to check if the problem is also exist.
***********  get excited and make things  **********

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:17:52 PM »
I'm trying the 1.1.8.2 version on my laptop (so new install). I cannot think of any major changes I've done to make get this error. When i get this error i press "Ok". then another error comes up. Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VoxCommando.VoxMainForm.n()
   at VoxCommando.VoxMainForm.a7(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnCheckedChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.set_Checked(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RadioButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:18:37 PM »
I've tried other versions and different folders as well. Same error

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 07:39:32 PM »
I'm going to try to remove my language and reinstall it using Vistalizator http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=404.msg2557#msg2557
Will let you know how it goes

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 02:22:27 AM »
So it was my En-US language(must have gotten corrupt or something). I installed French and it worked fine. The only thing was I couldn't find a way to uninstall the En-US. So instead of wiping out everything and re-installing windows 7. I just upgraded back to my windows 8. Seems like I'm always switching between the 2 every time I get bored.
Tested Vox and it works like a charm on Windows 8.

Thanks for your help

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 03:51:47 AM »
Nice to hear that you have solved it. I use win7 ultimate and win8.1 pro, in this versions you can install other language packets with windows update. Windows 8.1 has also new voices and my impression is that win8 recognized my commands a bit better.

One thing what you can test on your win7: start VC and if the error comes up press "continue" and VC will run. Then go in VC to "Options" menu and take a look in the "General" settings and select the native system language in "Speech Recognition Language" (if you have a french Win7 = fr-FR), save all settings, click in VC on "file" and then "Purge Cache" and then full restart VC. If the error above no longer appears - go back in the Options menu and select a other input language like en-US, save and restart VC again - maybe this can help.

Kalle
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 04:48:29 AM by Kalle »
***********  get excited and make things  **********

bp_pbs

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »
Thanks hopefully I won't run into this error again. But if a do I will try your method.