Author Topic: xbmc plugins payloads  (Read 3497 times)

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
xbmc plugins payloads
« on: November 07, 2013, 12:50:48 AM »
I use VC to 'stream x' some of the video addons in xbmc, like Food Network, TED, TV Vietnam
Many of these plug ins have a few directories that i'm not interested, after being accustomed to VC negating my need to traverse a bunch of folders i get a bit frustrated by still having to do that :P
Is theres a way to do this in VC, with a payload perhaps?
I love the new voice search w/ Youtube, if only i could get my youtube logon working properly again pulling playlists, but the voice search is hella neat.

For instance Food network will spawn:
Episodes
  Chopped
  Iron Chef
Videos
All Videos

TV VN, pulls a channel directory

I think I could macro or auto scroll down 2, select...etc, but I would love to be like "Stream food network, chopped" and being to direct load like via the media library.
I know this would be difficult without generating XML for plugin/addons, but even if I had to hard code a few that would be nice as I have  a few stalwarts that I think stay static.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: xbmc plugins payloads
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 08:40:51 AM »
If you create a "favourite" in xbmc (using the context menu) you can usually go look at the xbmc favourites.xml file to see what the entry looks like.  See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata_folder

From that you can usually find out which action can be used to open that item.

vulcanjedi

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:44:17 AM »
If you create a "favourite" in xbmc (using the context menu) you can usually go look at the xbmc favourites.xml file to see what the entry looks like.  See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata_folder

From that you can usually find out which action can be used to open that item.

Thanks James, great idea I will give that a go.
I noticed on the WebInterface page, the plugins do seem exposed, is it possible to generate XML for the addons too?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:01:02 PM »
I noticed on the WebInterface page, the plugins do seem exposed

I don't know what you mean,  but the answer is probably no, or if we could, it would not be useful since all plugins operate differently.