Author Topic: Find movie title not working  (Read 6013 times)

kilroy30

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Find movie title not working
« on: April 24, 2013, 03:43:21 AM »
I am fairly new to VoxCommando and am loving it. I think I've got it all working out, but I am having trouble with the Find Movie (title). When I request a title, it goes to a black screen with a box in the uper left side (ACE Skin written in box), but no title. I'm having no trouble with TV or Music, just movies. Checked the XML to see if my movies are populated and they are. Generated new XML just in case and it didn't cure it. Any ideas?

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Find movie title not working
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 03:58:48 AM »
I am fairly new to VoxCommando and am loving it. I think I've got it all working out, but I am having trouble with the Find Movie (title). When I request a title, it goes to a black screen with a box in the uper left side (ACE Skin written in box), but no title. I'm having no trouble with TV or Music, just movies. Checked the XML to see if my movies are populated and they are. Generated new XML just in case and it didn't cure it. Any ideas?
Hi kilroy and welcome to the VC-Forum. Can you please tell us which VC version and which XBMC (Eden/Frodo) do you use?
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »
Yes, we need more information.  The versions of VC and XBMC are a good start.

Also, if you can be more specific about some other commands that are working, and what method you use to generate XML.

If you can also post a VoxCommando log and XBMC log that will help a lot.

kilroy30

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:54:19 PM »
I use VC .984 and Frodo for XMBC. Browse artist (music) works, as well as browse TV including seasons. When I say find move Braveheart, it returns an black screen overlay with the a box to the top left (that's where the skin name Ace is). I generated my xml through the setup on vox, as well as I looked at the tree to see if the xml is there. When I hit edit, it pulls up the titles to the movies, but will not go to them. I have about 1000 movies in my collection, and over 1000 TV shows, of which the TV shows are found quite quickly. Don't know what I'm doing wrong... Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need further.

kilroy30

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 03:17:59 AM »
Hopefully these logs attach. I didn't have logging enabled so I ran a command after I enabled and have attached. Hope that helps identify my problem.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:08:35 AM by jitterjames »

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 03:25:30 AM »
I use VC .984 and Frodo for XMBC. Browse artist (music) works, as well as browse TV including seasons. When I say find move Braveheart, it returns an black screen overlay with the a box to the top left (that's where the skin name Ace is). I generated my xml through the setup on vox, as well as I looked at the tree to see if the xml is there. When I hit edit, it pulls up the titles to the movies, but will not go to them. I have about 1000 movies in my collection, and over 1000 TV shows, of which the TV shows are found quite quickly. Don't know what I'm doing wrong... Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need further.
question: do you have installed the voxtools script in xbmc?

you can also take a look in this video tutorial maybe it can help you.

German:

English:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:21:39 AM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »
Did you follow an installation video like the one Kalle posted?

Very important, as Kalle asks: Did you install VoxTools script in XBMC?

Please post a proper complete VoxCommando log which includes testing a few different commands such as
- "find movie X"
- "Play movie X"
- "Unwatched episodes of X"
- "Play artist X"

Please post an XBMC Log, not a XJSON log.  See this link for help:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

I generated my xml through the setup on vox
I don't understand what you mean by that.

When I hit edit, it pulls up the titles to the movies, but will not go to them
I don't understand what you mean by that either.

Sorry, I know it's a pain when stuff doesn't work as expected, and making logs can be a pain the first time when you don't know your way around a program too well, but rest assured with a bit of patience we will get to the bottom of it soon!  The more (accurate) information you can provide us with, the faster we can figure it out. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:41:06 AM by jitterjames »

kilroy30

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 04:34:16 PM »
So I went back to add-ons and I did the process again as directed in the video... I noticed that the voxtools was there but not installed. I thought I did that. Now it works!!! You both have been very helpful and quick to respond. I try my hardest to figure things out on my own, but this one stumped me. Thanks for a very positive experience with the forum!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 04:37:30 PM »
Great. I'm very happy to hear it. Thanks for letting us know. :)

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »
 ::console :clap
So I went back to add-ons and I did the process again as directed in the video... I noticed that the voxtools was there but not installed. I thought I did that. Now it works!!! You both have been very helpful and quick to respond. I try my hardest to figure things out on my own, but this one stumped me. Thanks for a very positive experience with the forum!
::console :clap

Snodric

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »
I have a similar problem except that I am running XBMC Eden and am unable to get Voxcommando to recognize any search commands for movies, artists, songs etc. I am using version 0.9.8.4.

I installed Voxcommando and chose the Eden version. I then went into GENXML and clicked on Openform. I get error messages for each of the items. I also went into XBMC and loaded the respository.vc.zip file.

The onlly difference wiith my XMBC setup is that I don't have a password in XBMC - don't think this would make a difference? I've left the password blank in Voxcommando.

I've attached my log...

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
Hi Snodric

After looking at your voxlog.txt i noticed
26/04/2013 4:59:43 PM   406   sorry! error connecting to XBMC
 ip: 127.0.0.1
port: 8080
port: System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8080

Some things you can try.

1. In xbmc settings, network, make sure "Allow control of xbmc via http" is checked and the port reads 8080.
2. Disable your firewall , and try it.

Good luck.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 03:02:44 AM »
Yes, this is absolut important, please take a look in our WiKi: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XBMC
A password in xbmc is not required.

Snodric

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 06:49:51 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I figured that I'd bite the bullet and upgrade to XBMC Frodo and went through the entire process and have it working for my movie library but not my music. I think the issue is one of not having the XBMC music organized correctly, rather than something with Voxcommando.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
That sounds probable.  Do you think it is a case of your music not being tagged properly, or do you not know how to add it properly to XBMC?  If it is the latter, I'm sure there are some good guides to be found.