Author Topic: Confirmation and Selection Options  (Read 3770 times)

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Confirmation and Selection Options
« on: April 18, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
I'm using VoxCommando for a voice assistant of sorts and wanted to configure a few commands that respond with confirmations or options.

1- Simple yes or no confirmation.
I know there are Confirmation Command Phrases in Options and the Confirm box when creating an action, but when I create it with this method, the macro can't run first to TTS ask "Are you sure you want me to do that?"  ...instead, it will pop up with the confirmation box, then after I say yes, the TTS will speak.  I tried creating 2 actions, hoping I could use the first one to say the TTS, and then call on the 2nd action which has the confirmation box...   How can I have TTS respond first, and then a confirmation box appear?

2- Multiple Custom options.
I listen to a few web based music services, Songza.com, Pandora.com, etc.  I want to be able to say "Stream Music" then have it TTS ask "What service would you like to listen to?"  Then respond with one of the previous options I pre-configured.  I know I can do this directly per station/website, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the "assistant" idea, and I know I will apply this to other macros.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: Confirmation and Selection Options
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
1- Simple yes or no confirmation.
I know there are Confirmation Command Phrases in Options and the Confirm box when creating an action, but when I create it with this method, the macro can't run first to TTS ask "Are you sure you want me to do that?"  ...instead, it will pop up with the confirmation box, then after I say yes, the TTS will speak.  I tried creating 2 actions, hoping I could use the first one to say the TTS, and then call on the 2nd action which has the confirmation box...   How can I have TTS respond first, and then a confirmation box appear?

As of version 0.986 you can disable the default handling of confirmation prompts in options.  http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1024.0
Since a command that requires confimation always generates an event when called, you can use this to trigger your own prompts, which can do whatever you want in whatever order you want, in order to prompt the user.

You may also need to create your own voice commands to execute the VC.ConfirmYes and VC.ConfirmNo actions which will either confirm, or cancel execution of the command in question.

If I have time tomorrow I will try to put together an example of how to do this.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
I'm using VoxCommando for a voice assistant of sorts and wanted to configure a few commands that respond with confirmations or options.

2- Multiple Custom options.
I listen to a few web based music services, Songza.com, Pandora.com, etc.  I want to be able to say "Stream Music" then have it TTS ask "What service would you like to listen to?"  Then respond with one of the previous options I pre-configured.  I know I can do this directly per station/website, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the "assistant" idea, and I know I will apply this to other macros.

There is no direct method to do this per se, but you can enable and disable groups to accomplish the same effect.  When you say "steam music" the command can present the options either with TTS, or OSD display, and enable a group which contains the corresponding commands for each of the options.  The only possible downside of this, is that all your other groups will still be enabled, so you should keep that in mind.

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 02:40:40 AM »
As of version 0.986 you can disable the default handling of confirmation prompts in options.  http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1024.0
Since a command that requires confimation always generates an event when called, you can use this to trigger your own prompts, which can do whatever you want in whatever order you want, in order to prompt the user.

You may also need to create your own voice commands to execute the VC.ConfirmYes and VC.ConfirmNo actions which will either confirm, or cancel execution of the command in question.

If I have time tomorrow I will try to put together an example of how to do this.

Awesome, yes I came across the confirmation providing an event to use, but haven't figured out the VC.ConfirmYes and VC.Confirm.No yet...  a quick example would be awesome.

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 02:52:01 AM »
There is no direct method to do this per se, but you can enable and disable groups to accomplish the same effect.  When you say "steam music" the command can present the options either with TTS, or OSD display, and enable a group which contains the corresponding commands for each of the options.  The only possible downside of this, is that all your other groups will still be enabled, so you should keep that in mind.

Makes sense, I'm probably overcomplicating things (sooo many fun/cool things I think up because of this app).  An OSD choice should suffice, and then just use enable/disable macros to prevent certain triggers from firing as I would do in Eventghost. 

I swear I'm going to need to write a few guides, just to teach my future self how I made some things work!  I have commands going back and forth between VC for PC, VC for Android, Eventghost for PC, Eventghost for Android, AutoHotKey looping Scripts, NFC Task Laucher, Llama, Tasker (and all it's plugins), USBUIRT and other remote/light controls, webcam motion triggers, and multiple servers....ahhhh! 

No wonder why my wife thinks I'm crazy...  I'm now talking to my computer... :bonk

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 03:20:27 AM »
No wonder why my wife thinks I'm crazy...  I'm now talking to my computer...

Hi gizak, I think we are all in the same boat  :biglaugh
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 03:50:33 AM »
I have been talking to my computer for decades. It is only since VC that it has been talking back!

Kalle

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »
Awesome, yes I came across the confirmation providing an event to use, but haven't figured out the VC.ConfirmYes and VC.Confirm.No yet...  a quick example would be awesome.

Hi gizak, here is a short video tutorial how you can create a command with confirmation - my english is not the best, but I hope it show you the basics  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D17Zk1MMZQ
***********  get excited and make things  **********

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »
Note that in the options, you can remove the check mark where it says "Show OSD when confirmation required".  Then you can either show your own OSD when a confirm event is fired, or you can choose not to show one at all.

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 05:44:21 PM »
That was a great help Kalle, thank you!  Im now keeping a close eye on those Events in the Log to look for triggers on other commands.