Author Topic: Help with music db  (Read 1435 times)

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Help with music db
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:26:45 PM »
Hi, first time poster, long time reader, and recent supporter of voxcommando - i love this program and my family/friends are in awe with what I can do with just my voice....
Anyways, I'm having an issue with Vox not able to search my music database by song or artist.
I'm using VoxCommando version 0.9.8.4 and XMBC version running Frodo version 12.1

I've confirmed everything else is working- XBMC control through XJson plugin works fine as I can navigate menus, and Xsql is working for everything else as I'm able to search my movies and tv shows without issues...just not music.
I've confirmed the file location of MyMusic32.db as the largest file with the most recent date and has the green background as well in the Xsql plugin settings
Upon clicking Save and Generate, I can confirm that there are [X items] in both Artists, Albums, Songs, etc...
I've even opened up the xbmcArtists, xbmcSongs.xml, etc files and can see the data in there.

I'm at a loss as what else to try aside from a full reinstall.  I've done full restarts, purge cache, build missing grammars.  On XBMC I've reinstalled, cleaned library, removed and re-added source, change download data info sources, reinstalled repository and plugin. 

Any tips on where the issues lies?

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: Help with music db
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:32 AM »
Well, I did a full Vox reinstall/upgrade to 0.986 and copied/rebuilt my scripts and macros.  Still not sure what it was, but everything seems to be in order now.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »
Hi Gizak.

Welcome to the forum.  I'm glad you've got it sorted out.  I'm not sure what the problem was, but glad I don't have to figure it out this time!

I'd also like to say thanks for an extremely well composed question that includes all the pertinent details.  If all questions were asked like this is would make providing support an absolute dream.

gizak

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 08:51:30 PM »
Hah, ya I work in IT myself so I know how important it is to get as much detail out there as possible...  i also know it's a god send when someone tells you they already fixed it before you wasted time trying to troubleshoot =) 

In any case, thanks for chiming in and I hope to be able to contribute down the road.