Author Topic: HALi controller question  (Read 2143 times)

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
HALi controller question
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
hey was wondering a few things about this piece of hardware that i ran into on here..

i am using a usbuirt, cm15a, powermids, ws12a, hr12a, samsung smart tv, xbox 360 slim, pc with xbmc, onkyo stereo system, AM486 and an CAD Audio U7 USB microphone.

would the hali controller pictured above be able to run all of this stuff itself without the need to have my pc on?  i understand that i will have to have my pc turned on for some tasks but can this thing act as my cm15a and usbuirt without the need for those pieces of hardware any longer?

also i couldnt seem to find a price for the controller anywhere or a release date if it is still being developed.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: HALi controller question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:56:52 PM »
It should be able to control all (or almost all) of your IR stuff, and some RF stuff (depending on the frequency), but I'm not sure about X10.  Again I think it is a frequency issue and you'll need to specify whether you are in Europe or North America because the frequencies will be different.   xtermin8r will be able to tell you for sure and answer the rest of your questions.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 12:28:17 AM »
ohh ok well thanks james yea im in north america so hopefully this would cater to that. yea hopefully it sends/receives x10 commands that would be really cool more stuff i could get rid of to lessen on all these wires everywhere lol.

im currently converting my garage into a theater room. got all the walls done and the cubby for my tv and all that stuff done.

some of my problems stem from the fact that i have my desktop behind my televsion right now and the seats are about 15' away from the pc. i would put the pc at the back of the room so that i could have everything ran right to my seating situation but then id have to find a way to reliably send 1080p video for movies and games through a cable going through the attic which would need to be roughly 30' long in order to do this im sure there would be some major input lag during gaming with that long of an hdmi cable. so i was hoping this piece of equipment would allow me to just plug in all of my controlling devices or just do the same thing without the need of them. Then i could put this at the back of the room and everything would be great.

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 10:22:34 PM »
hi IKROWNI

sorry for the late reply, i have  been a bit busy. i'm the one who has developed the Hali Controller now known As UniMote.
would the hali controller pictured above be able to run all of this stuff itself without the need to have my pc on?

yes.

The answer to your questions
01. can Unimote control your X10 stuff, yes  it can, by  emulating  the HR12A when used with X10 RF base receivers.
02. Powermids ? , yes it can but i will need to know the frequency of the Powermid.
03. IR stuff, no problem.

i understand that i will have to have my pc turned on for some tasks but can this thing act as my cm15a and usbuirt without the need for those pieces of hardware any longer?

yes as long as you have a X10 RF base reciever.
yes no problem for usb uirt.

also i couldnt seem to find a price for the controller anywhere or a release date if it is still being developed.

Price is around £100 to £120 depending on your needs, get in touch if you are interested.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:01:00 PM by xtermin8r »
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.

IKROWNI

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 10:28:56 PM »
hi IKROWNI

sorry for the late reply, i have  been a bit busy. i'm the one who has developed the Hali Controller now known As UniMote.
yes.

The answer to your questions
01. can Unimote control your X10 stuff, yes  it can, by  emulating  the HR12A when used with X10 RF base receivers.
02. Powermids ? , yes it can but i will need to know the frequency of the Powermid.
03. IR stuff, no problem.

yes.

Price is around £100 to £120 depending on your needs, get in touch if you are interested.

that sounds great now what about my usb microphone would i still be able to use it with the unimote? or would i need to go with something different?

im hoping to be able to put this at the back of my theater to control all of the electronics at the front of the theater.

xtermin8r

• $upporter
  • Crunchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »
that sounds great now what about my usb microphone would i still be able to use it with the unimote? or would i need to go with something different?

usb microphone is a no no and has to be connected to a pc, thats because my automation controller does not have any usb connectors.
Neural Net Based Artificial Intelligence.