Author Topic: voxcommando timer  (Read 2941 times)

Ryan00

• View Profile
voxcommando timer
« on: June 20, 2013, 09:48:18 PM »
Hi, im setting up voxcommmando as a alarm to wake me up in the morning. I have everything the way i like it, however im using the VC.SetEventTimer and the problem here is you can only use seconds. Is their anyway to set this up to wake me up at a certain time ex: 8:00am ? any information would help thanks alot ..  ???

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: voxcommando timer
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 10:57:23 PM »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Ryan00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »
Well that was a good idea however im using windows 8 and when you schedule a task in windows 8 for some reason when i point the task to play a mp3 file it asks what program i want to use to play that file and the file never plays. I already set the file in windows and in the schedule task to set a default program to open that file but it will always ask me and never play that file.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 07:43:02 AM »
The idea is to generate an event in VC at a certain time. That event can trigger a command to do whatever you want.. No one is suggesting that you play the music file from task scheduler.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 08:20:20 AM »
I already set the file in windows and in the schedule task to set a default program to open that file but it will always ask me and never play that file.

As James mentions, the idea is that with VC one can do all kinds of things, including a sequence of actions (play music, turn on the lights, get the computer to wish you good morning, etc.).

But it's true that if you just want to play a song or whatnot in the morning and not do anything "fancy," one could use just the Windows task scheduler. I too have W8, and there's definitely a bug in setting a default program the more straightforward way. I was able to get around this by associating a file type with a program the "hard way": http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)