Author Topic: Gmail contacts or PhoneBook  (Read 6250 times)

SunDoWneR

• View Profile
    • www.en4ce.com
Re: Gmail contacts or PhoneBook
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 05:44:00 AM »
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/contacts/v3/?hl=de&csw=1#running_the_sample_code

This is something I'd really like to have, because I use the Google Contacts for everything.

Cheers, Sunny

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 09:08:03 AM »
Looks like you might be able to implement this yourself using the Python plugin, if you haven't yet tried that.

The code calls atom and gdata libraries, which aren't included in VC's standard Iron Python libraries, but you should be able to add them manually to the plugins\PY\Lib folder.

Edit: But maybe it's not so easy, because of:
Warning: Due to enhanced security measures we've added to our infrastructure, all developers using the Contacts API must register their projects in the API Console and ensure the Contacts API is activated in the API Console.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:15:20 AM by nime5ter »
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

SunDoWneR

• View Profile
    • www.en4ce.com
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 10:04:40 AM »
Haven't tried it yet...

... so it's learning Python... again. (I'm trying to dodge that for quite a time now, cause I could also use it in my 3D Animation Software (Autodesk Maya)  :bonk)

Maybe it's a good start.

Cheers, Sunny

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 10:14:46 AM »
 :)

People often find that having a real-world, motivating project makes learning a programming language a bit easier, so maybe Python for VoxCommando will be a good gateway for you.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)