Author Topic: How to use this Board  (Read 4828 times)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
How to use this Board
« on: November 05, 2010, 10:36:03 AM »
This board is an area where users can upload and discuss groups of voice commands using xml files exported from VoxCommando.
Here are some suggestions that I think will make this board more useful for everyone.

Please start a NEW topic for each xml file.
Other uses can discuss and contribute ideas for the particular xml file, but the originator of the topic should try to put updated versions of the xml file into the first post of the topic.
Try to provide a good description of what the commands do
Indicate the primary language used for phrases in the file
Indicate the primary program the xml will be used to control (i.e. xbmc, Mediamonkey) or if it is used with multiple programs indicate which ones.
If you have modifed another users xml file, that's good, but make a note of what file you started with.

If you have ideas on a better way to do this, or a better set of guidelines please reply to this topic.

Do not post xml to this topic.  This topic will be reserved for discussing the best way to share command groups.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: How to use this Board
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 12:28:20 PM »
For new users, I just wanted to add one tip to the above:

A simple way to post your xml to the forum is to right-click on the command in your command tree, select "copy" and then paste it into a code block on the forum (using the # "insert code" forum button). 

You can copy commands, or entire groups this way.

Similarly, you can simply select the xml displayed in a code block on the forum and paste it into a group in your own tree if you want to try it out.

Obviously, this method is also appropriate in other parts of the forum, not just the XML exchange boards (e.g., if you want some help figuring out what's wrong with your code).

TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Hellow

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »
Good post, i was looking for the damn import button for 10-15 minutes before i tried to copy paste... I might he slow tho.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:08:31 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »
If you do want to import an xml file that way you just click:

File > Open

and then browse to the file.

Importing usually implies opening something in a different format from what the program normally uses, so you are really just opening a file, not importing it.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:00:36 AM »
The full how-to of all the variations of sharing XML can also be found in the documentation. http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum

Usually a google search or a search directly within the wiki will retrieve the relevant documentation.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)