Author Topic: VC, Kodi and NextfliXBMC  (Read 9686 times)

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
Re: VC, Kodi and NextfliXBMC
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 03:28:45 PM »
From the standpoint of how VC works, I think it might be nice if people could start playing a Netflix movie or show directly, by name. That would probably require figuring out the Netflix movie IDs for each title of interest and generating a payload xml file for that.

I don't know if the plugin makes this feasible or not (e.g., if it stores Netflix movie data in users' XBMC databases, in which case we may be able to query that; do you see anything like that in your XBMC database?). But to me, that would be a nicer experience than trying to navigate by voice through multiple screens in order to play a particular title.

and that is why exactly why I shared this http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1802.0  :) as for me NetFlix through xbmc is a bit pain to navigate and kinda slow ... on top all it does in fact launch it into a browser ... which Robob can do perfectly
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 07:06:48 PM »
What do you see in your kodi log once you've started actually playing a movie?

this is what the log shows (I use single user, no profiles)

plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&name=A%20Haunted%20House%202&thumb=C%3a%5cUsers%5cnancy%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5cuserdata%5caddon_data%5cplugin.video.netflixbmc%5ccache%5ccovers%5c70295062.jpg&url=70295062

this is the simplest command that works for me to launch a Netflix movie through XBMC
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.3.8-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="Plays A Haunted house 2" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="696" name="play A Haunted House 2 Movie" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Player.Open</param>
        <param>"item": {"file":"plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&amp;url=70295062"} , "options":{ "resume":true }</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

... I don't really know how people want to use Netflix or this plugin with VC, so maybe this thought process is not relevant:

From the standpoint of how VC works, I think it might be nice if people could start playing a Netflix movie or show directly, by name. That would probably require figuring out the Netflix movie IDs for each title of interest and generating a payload xml file for that.

I don't know if the plugin makes this feasible or not (e.g., if it stores Netflix movie data in users' XBMC databases, in which case we may be able to query that; do you see anything like that in your XBMC database?). But to me, that would be a nicer experience than trying to navigate by voice through multiple screens in order to play a particular title.

I'm not sure how to query a database file but i did find several .cache files (C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.netflixbmc\cache) and there are 1,336 files in that location each file is named by ID Number (ex: 70295062.cache)

I Attached the cache file that goes with the url above ( I used Notepad++ to view the file)

Edit: thinking about it more, the cache files are for items that have had metadata downloaded so far, so in order to use those you would have to navigate NetfliXBMC and then update the XML file then you would be able to use the xml file, not really ideal for by passing NetfliXBMC navigation
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:23:24 PM by PegLegTV »

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 09:32:38 PM »
Yup, I think you're right; it's not worth the trouble.

In the meantime, you've given other Kodi/Netflix folks quite a bit to work with within the limits of the addon, which is much appreciated.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

lja

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 10:29:07 PM »
In the meantime, you've given other Kodi/Netflix folks quite a bit to work with within the limits of the addon, which is much appreciated.

@PegLegTV
+1. Thanks for your work. However I will continue to play with it.

PegLegTV

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 12:08:22 AM »
I found that Allflicks.com has the Netflix video ID in the url while viewing the individual movie/tv shows

http://www.allflicks.net/movies/70295062/

you might be able to use this and robobrowser and some regex to perform a search and play command

did some test with the ID's and with TV Shows it starts where you left off in the series (not sure if it will resume the video or not)

play movie A Haunted House 2
Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<!--VoxCommando 2.1.3.8-->
<commandGroup open="True" name="Plays A Haunted house 2" enabled="True" prefix="" priority="0" requiredProcess="" description="">
  <command id="696" name="play A Haunted House 2 Movie" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
    <action>
      <cmdType>XJson.Raw</cmdType>
      <params>
        <param>Player.Open</param>
        <param>"item": {"file":"plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=playVideoMain&amp;url=70295062"} , "options":{ "resume":true }</param>
      </params>
      <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
    </action>
  </command>
</commandGroup>

I hope this helps, I don't know Robobrowser that well and my head is yelling no more netflix  :bonk  :o