Author Topic: VC On not working  (Read 1967 times)

Terrox

• View Profile
VC On not working
« on: July 08, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
Hello,

I've been using VoxCommando for a few months now as a means to verbally tell my PC to do things for me, as well as in order to give verbal commands to EventGhost and Tasker on my Android phone so all of my automatons work together in unison.  I recently noticed that VoxCommando was updated to version 2.1.5.1 so I promptly decided to perform the update.  Ever since I performed the update things have not been working quite the same as they used to.  For instance, just trying to get Vox to turn on and listen I get the following error:

unexpected error: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)    at eval_e.eval_ᜀ(String A_0, Int32 A_1)    at eval_e.eval_ᜀ(String A_0, SemanticValue A_1)    at eval_e.eval_ᜀ(Object A_0, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs A_1)

This error occurs only when I try to tell Vox commando to turn on by using the verbal command "skynet", but when I say "computer" then it works fine.  If I say "computer" to turn Vox on but Vox is already on then I get this error:

VC.On: unexpected error
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot perform this operation while the recognizer is doing recognition.
   at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.RecognizeAsync(RecognizeMode mode)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.RecognizeAsync(RecognizeMode mode)
   at eval_e.eval_ᜍ()
   at eval_e.eval_ᜃ(macroElement A_0, List`1 A_1, Int32 A_2)
   at eval_e.eval_ᜂ(macroElement A_0, List`1 A_1, Int32 A_2)

Because of these errors I decided to backup my configurations of Vox, remove it completely, re-install Vox, and re-apply my configurations, but unfortunately these errors still continue to occur.  I then went through the trouble of re-installing Vox and just re-creating all of my configurations all over again thinking that I had done something wrong instead, but these errors still continue..

Any assistance as to why these errors are occurring would be greatly appreciated.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: VC On not working
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:25:31 PM »
Did you try to revert to an older version, before 2.1.5.1?  All you really need to do is to install the older version on top of your current installation, but it is also a good idea to always purge cache and then do a quick rebuild  if you see odd behaviour after changing versions.

It is odd that one command would work and another would not work given that they apparently do the same thing, however without seeing your actual command xml or any logs there is not much that we can do to uncover the actual cause.

Terrox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:48:08 PM »
I'm at the download page at voxcommando.com but I'm not seeing any section of where to download previous versions of VoxCommando.  I tried to purge the cache several times but it didn't seem to do anything.  Quick rebuild, you mean quick restart?  In regards to posting my command xml, you're asking for me to post my voicecommand.xml file correct?  I'll attach that to this post now.  Not sure about how to retrieve logs from VoxCommando yet.  Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:13:01 PM by jitterjames »

Terrox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »
Found the voxLog.txt, uploading that as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:13:21 PM by jitterjames »

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 08:45:39 PM »
Here is 2.1.4.8 in case you want to try it.

http://voxcommando.com/files/VC%20Setup%202.148.exe

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »
The difference you are seeing between versions may be due to a bug in 2.1.5.1 and later, however it is generally not a good idea to use the phrase "skynet" as the phrase to listen and also as your prefix.  I believe this combination is causing the problem when used in the latest version.

There is however a bug in 2.1.5.1 where commands that have no phrases at all are being registered as a command with a prefix and then no other phrases after the prefix (as opposed to being discarded as they should be).

So your solutions for now are either to revert to an older version, until the next release is out, or to change your listen command to something other than your prefix, which I recommend anyway.

Please let me know if this helps.

P.S. The download page has 2.1.5.1 and 2.1.5.2 (called beta) on it at the moment.  I think I'll put the link for the "stable" download back to 2.1.4.8 for now.

Haddood

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 05:17:46 AM »
couple of comments of topic, but inspired by it :)
is it feasible to have a page where we can download earlier releases?

the second ... everybody talks about 2.1.5.1 ... while on the download page it is 2.1.5.2 (2.1.4.8 stable)
When Voice command gets tough, use hand gestures

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 07:55:42 AM »

is it feasible to have a page where we can download earlier releases?

I prefer not to do this for a variety of reasons. I suggest you keep older versions after you download them if this is important to you .  You can also edit the download links to get different recent versions. I usually leave about 5 of them on the server.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 08:04:44 AM »
@Haddood -- the answer to your second question is in the post directly above your question.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

Terrox

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 08:23:39 AM »
Ah, so it was the prefix the entire time.  Good to know for future reference.  I just went ahead and disabled it, I rarely use the prefix mode anyhow.  Thanks for the heads up!

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 10:21:19 AM »
In older (and future) versions, it should not cause this problem though. I don't think so anyway.