Author Topic: Request for Assistance  (Read 3443 times)

izzacg

Request for Assistance
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:51:13 AM »
Howdy.  I am new to VoxCommando and am in the process of setting it up for the first time.  I have a Vera3 that I am trying to connect it to but am having a problem.  For whatever reason, VoxCommando will not find my Vera3 on the network.

I followed the instructions and installed VoxCommando 2.1.0.3 on my C Drive running Windows 7.  I then started VoxCommando and selected the VeraHA configuration.  Within the Vera plugin, I clicked on the target icon and it gives me a message, No Units Found.  I then enter the IP address and port (192.168.6.210:3480) and then click the target button again.  I get the same message.  In the window that pops up, I then enter my Vera username and password and click search.  Again, I get the same message, No Units Found.

I tried installing to a different directory and even to another computer but I get the same results.  I tried disabling the firewall on my Windows 7 system and it makes no difference.  I ensured my Vera3 is accessible from that system and it is.

I found this similar topic but it didn't seem to help: http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=1685.0

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?  Thank you in advance for your help.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
Re: Request for Assistance
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »
Within the Vera plugin, I clicked on the target icon and it gives me a message, No Units Found.  I then enter the IP address and port (192.168.6.210:3480) and then click the target button again. 

Hi izzacg, welcome to the forum.

Rather than entering your IP and port manually and then clicking the target button, can you please try entering your IP address and port manually and then clicking "Save Options", and see what kind of message you get?
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 11:58:16 AM »
Is your Vera running UI5 or something else like UI6 or UI7 ?

izzacg

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 12:20:18 PM »
Rather than entering your IP and port manually and then clicking the target button, can you please try entering your IP address and port manually and then clicking "Save Options", and see what kind of message you get?

Thank you for the quick response.  When I click the Save Options button instead, I get a message saying "Options Saved" and then another pop up that says, "restarting Vera 1: Vera1"

izzacg

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
Is your Vera running UI5 or something else like UI6 or UI7 ?

My Vera3 URL link appears as "http://192.168.6.210/cmh_ui6/" so I am assuming it's running UI6.  The firmware version is 1.6.641

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 12:36:05 PM »
There have been problems in the past with automatically locating Vera controllers running UI6 or UI7.

However, as long as there are no firewall issues, usually entering the IP and port number manually is sufficient to control the device on the same LAN.

The window that appears when you click on the target is only for trying to automatically locate the controller. Now that you've saved the correct IP information, you can try to generate the payload xml needed and test the commands. If those steps don't work for you, please let us know and we'll try to do some further problem solving.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

izzacg

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »
Looks like entering the information and clicking Save Options did the trick.  I am able to connect VoxCommando to my Vera now.

I also noticed that you updated the documentation which is fantastic!

Thank you so much for your help!

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 04:40:40 PM »
Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

And yes, as much as is feasible, we try to revise the documentation when it does not appear to be effectively supporting our users.