Author Topic: MYSQL and multiples xbmc profiles  (Read 6918 times)

slappy

• View Profile
MYSQL and multiples xbmc profiles
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »
Hi, I have xbmc running with central database (MYSQL on a server). I have 3 profiles (Kids, Standard, Adults) wich I need to choose one when xbmc start.
How can I manage this with voxcommando and MYSQL plug-in ?

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: MYSQL and multiples xbmc profiles
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 12:28:15 PM »
Does XBMC currently prompt you to choose a profile when you start?

slappy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »
Yes. Some of them or password protected and I need to enter a digits then enter. (and by the way I did not figure out how to send keyboard letters or digits text command). I just discovered voxcommando this morning and it's realy fun to use.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 12:49:05 PM »
Hi slappy, welcome to the forum.

Are you running XBMC on the same machine as VoxCommando? If XBMC is on a different machine, this affects what you can do with keyboard emulation.
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)

slappy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »
Actually it's installed on one client only (for test) and as soon as everything is find I will install on every machines.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 01:25:39 PM »
It sounds like you are saying that VoxCommando and XBMC are running on the same machine.  If that is the case it allows us to do a bit more using the sendkeys or inputkeys actions for keyboard emulation.

With input keys you can emulate pressing shift-J (for example) which would allow you to jump to the profile that starts with the letter J.

If you are not able to use keyboard emulation (because XBMC is running on a remote machine), you can still send keypresses to XBMC, but you can't do shift-Letter, so you would need to send "home" and then right-right-right, or down, down, down to get to the 4th profile.  The direction will depend on the skin you are using.  Then you can send "enter" to select the profile.

If you then need to enter a password, this will be an additional challenge.  Again, this will be easier if you are running VoxCommando on the same computer as XBMC.  Having a voice command for your password brings up a certain question about security though, since anyone with access to your machine will be able to see the passwords in the VoxCommando editor, unless you are to going to require the user to say the letters of the password one by one, which is not much fun.  At this point you would rather get up and use a keyboard I think.

If your different profiles in XBMC use different databases, this is going to create additional complications for you when you want to generate payloadXML files used to request content.  In the past I have only played with profiles a little bit in XBMC.  I found them cumbersome and since I don't really need them I gave up pretty quickly.  Adding in the complications associated with using MySQL and I must say that I don't really know enough about it to be of much help, but I suspect that it will be challenging to say the least.

slappy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
Enter all the different library path in the setting should be good . (As a future request )
What do you think ?

Actually i can select a profile by saying go down and select command but dont what to do with the popup asking for the password. If i disable the mouse in xbmc the move and select work to choose the digits but it's long. I am looking for something like crying 1234 select. But i know if the kids are close to me they will know my password...
Sorry for the late response i am out of home.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
Enter all the different library path in the setting should be good . (As a future request )
What do you think ?

I don't know what you mean.

slappy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »
It´s just a idea but if can scan all 3 library all the infos will be available for any xbmc user profiles. Sounds to simple to be true i am not a coder but a dreamer...

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »
It might already be possible but I don't know how it works with multiple profiles and MySql on XBMC.

It also depends on how large your library is.  It might not be practical for VoxCommando to switch between them if they are too big.

slappy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »
As soon i am back to home, i will use the xbmc master profile wich is normally not used by my needs and i will add all the movies, kids movies , and everything contained in my 3 profiles. Then i will go back to voxcommander and put the path of the master profile. The amount of movies will be huge (over 600 movies) . After this i will go in the kids profile and try to launch a standard action movie.... If nothing happen i will be safe.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »
I think this will work, and also be safe (Your kids won't be able to launch adult movies by accident).

600 movies is OK.  Not a problem for VoxCommando.  It will be more of a problem if you have 20,000 songs etc.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
Then again, different profiles might use different ID numbers for the same item, so it might not work at all for any commands that access content using the XBMC ID number...  Let us know how it goes!

slappy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »
Oups i have a lot of songs no idea how much but its over 100 gb of disk space and maybe will crash the software. Lets take a try first. Did you guys plan to make a application for the iphone ? I read a little bit about the skype solution i will also try it as my final step.
Thanks for the really good support.

nime5ter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Getting Started with VoxCommando
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 05:55:17 PM »
We have an Android app called VoxWav, but no iOs app.

Users have had good luck using the Mobiola Headset iOs app as a wifi microphone.

You can search the forum, or see: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Microphones#iOs
TIPS: POST VC VERSION #. Explain what you want VC to do. Say what you've tried & what happened, or post a video demo. Attach VC log. Link to instructions followed.  Post your command (xml)