Author Topic: XBMC Toggle Full Screen  (Read 19786 times)

alexktz

• $upporter
    • View Profile
XBMC Toggle Full Screen
« on: January 17, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »
Trying to get xbmc to toggle fullscreen, sounds so simple and sorry my first post is such a simple problem!

I've tried using btn.kb then \ which is backslash which should work right?

is there an execbuiltin function or http api call i'm missing? the \ just isn't working.

awesome program btw, well worth the $$. and i went out and bought a kinect specially today (despite the recommendations against) and am start in my room shouting JARVIS at my tele, which now softmutes and listens for my command. LOVE IT! Thank you SO much. Just the fullscreen thing is bugging me now. I will be doing a demo vid later probably too.

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
Re: XBMC Toggle Full Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 03:05:54 PM »
Hi Alex.  Welcome to VC!

use the word 'backslash' instead of '\' as the parameter.  Leave the quotes out.

to get clues on what to use for different keys you can look in keyboard.xml

e.g.:  C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

for example you can see this line in there:

Code: [Select]
<backslash>ToggleFullScreen</backslash>

Wanilton

• $upporter
    • View Profile
    • XBMC Brazil Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:10:16 PM »
Hi Alex,

I use this way, look image, for toggle fullscreen...

work fine here, win7 32 bits.

Wanilton
www.xbmcbrasil.net
XBMC  Brazilian Community Forum - Admin
Windows 8.1 - XBMC Gotham Custom Plus - Aeon MQ 5
My Room Entertaiment´s
About me

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »
there are two different kinds of "full screen" in XBMC.  One is internal to XBMC and one is more of a Windows window thing.

Tab toggles between fullscreen visualisation or whatever and regular menus within XBMC but doesn't affect the overall XBMC window size.

Because Alex was trying to use \ I assume he is looking for the way to toggle between a fullscreen window and a regular sizable window.  I use that one a lot when I am testing etc.

alexktz

• $upporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 04:58:14 PM »
backslash worked a treat. thanks!

i did the youtube video as promised, please ignore my poor camera work.

Zeval

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »
Hi I'm a newbie on this forum with little to no programming skillls (but a very fast learner).  I have been trying out Voxcommando and I'm very excited about it's invention. Thanks James. All the contributors on this forum have been very helpful with their posts.  Great work guys.  I am trying to create the command 'Backslash' to be able to toggle in and out of fullscreen on my computer and I'm getting stuck (voxcommando does not recognize my command). What am I doing wrong. Please help.
I copied my command for toubleshooting:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="537" name="Toggle window" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Btn.KB</cmdType>
    <cmdString>backslash</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
</command>

Thank you

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:55:00 PM »
Hi Zeval, and welcome to the forum.

You have created the command macro, but you have not assigned any phrase to trigger the command.  I think if you watch this video it will help.  It is a bit long but it covers a lot of material and is a great introduction for a new user.

There is also a lot of information on the wiki: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Customizing_Commands

Thanks for posting your xml code to the forum.  It saves us a lot of time.  When you do it please put it into a code block.  http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=XML_on_the_forum#Posting_Your_Code_to_the_Forum

I assume that you are using XBMC Frodo and the default configuration for Frodo that comes with VoxCommando.  It is worth mentioning that the default configuration for Frodo already comes with a command to accomplish this.  I believe the phrase for it is "full screen" or "toggle fullscreen".  So you can have a look at that command to see how it is done.  Look in the group "XBMC Simple actions".

Have fun learning the ropes!  ;D

Zeval

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
Thanks James for 1. replying me so promptly (I'm sure you are busy with other important tasks). 2. Helping guide me into solving my problem. i totally missed a crucial step that was glaring after watching you youtube video. I am posting the code below. Even though it is a very simple command, I hope it can be helpful to other users (maybe other newbies like me).

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
<command id="537" name="Toggle window" enabled="true" alwaysOn="False" confirm="False" requiredConfidence="0" loop="False" loopDelay="0" loopMax="0" description="">
  <action>
    <cmdType>XJson.Btn.KB</cmdType>
    <cmdString>backslash</cmdString>
    <cmdRepeat>1</cmdRepeat>
  </action>
  <phrase>Toggle window, backslash, expand window, contract window</phrase>
</command>

jitterjames

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • VoxCommando
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 10:40:14 PM »
Yeah!  You are off to a good start.  Thanks for posting your code.